why are all the jock villagers so visually unappealing

Roald really doesn't look like a jock me. He's a cute, waddling penguin. He behaves like one, though.

I think it's more due to AC's art style. You don't want 'jocks' to be cute, but things look weird in AC's style if they aren't cute

I had Genji in my town for the longest time and he was quite endearing c: I also had Bam and I liked him a lot as well. He's pretty sweet. There's a lot of cute jock villagers but their personality is what doesn't really vibe with me lol. Pls no I'm not exercising if I'm playing ACNL. I mean honestly, I find more jocks appealing than the entire list of uchi villagers. That section is a real tragedy.

Unpopular opinion, I know, but I actually like more of the Jocks than most other types! Some favorites are:

Antonio
Boone
Drift
Genji
Ribbot
Rod
Snake
Tank

Well, yeah
Jocks kinda got the bottom of the barrel design-wise, but there are still some good ones out there

-Rod
-Drift
-Roald
-Lyman
-Peck
-Kid Cat
-Hamlet
-Bill
-Kevin

These are just some random suggestions, and for all I know, they might be terrible
Oh well, just throwing them out there, might as well

I mean honestly, I find more jocks appealing than the entire list of uchi villagers. That section is a real tragedy.

I don't necessarily agree about all uchis, but your wording made me laugh out loud lol
There are definitely some truly disastrous villager designs in that category >.<"

I have Leonardo in my town and I think he's a big cutie :). Jocks aren't my favorite villager type but he warmed his way into my heart by sending me a lot of cute letters and throwing me a birthday party. I think he's one of the nicest looking jocks, even if his design is a bit basic. Bam, Snake, Hamlet and Genji also look nice. And Rudy kind of rides the line of being cute or terrifying.

Rudy, Teddy, Poncho, Kid Cat, Bill, Rod, Jay, Roald, Tad, and Hamlet are some I could name that are visually cute. Also there's also Jay who is cute.

I try for one of every personality, and Snake is the jock I'm after. his design is actually pretty cool in my eyes.

Honestly the only ones I like alot are Kid Cat, Bam, Rudy, and Rod. Any others are disappointing to me. Genji is decent too but he doesn't compare to the 4 I mentioned above to me.

Rudy, Teddy, Poncho, Kid Cat, Bill, Rod, Jay, Roald, Tad, and Hamlet are some I could name that are visually cute. Also there's also Jay who is cute.

Yeah these are probably the "cutest" of the jocks. I've had Rudy and Poncho before and they were fun to have around. I love the jock personality and their dialogue so I'm not too fussed by them to be honest. I really like Scoot. He's super cute with that helmet on his head that looks like underwear. I have Stinky in my town and I love him. I've wanted to get Lucha too because they have similar mask designs.

I think a lot of the jocks are cute or interesting: Bam, Bill, Frobert, Ribbot, Hamlet, Poncho, Rod, Genji, Kid Cat, Bud, Pierce, Snake, Sprocket, Sterling, Leonardo and Rowan (I've got a soft spot for tigers).

My favorite jocks are Tank, Bud, Iggly, Pierce, Rudy, and Rowan.

Tbh I think jocks give really funny dialogue but they do talk about sweating a lot, so I see why some people could be grossed out haha. They're far from my favorite type but compared to most uchis I think jocks are better.

Back