why are all the jock villagers so visually unappealing

I had Snake in my very first town, and I thought he was cute! I also have Peck in my current town, and he isn't so bad looking either :)

I'm with you that there are several jock villager designs that I don't like (which I normally get too) but here are some jock villagers that I do like who I think have interesting / appealing / cute designs.

- Bill
- Boone
- Drift
- Genji
- Hamlet
- Kody
- Roald
- Rod
- Scoot
- Sheldon
- Snake

That's just my personal opinion. I left Rudy and Kid Cat out because you said you didn't want another cat I'm pretty sure. Even though, I think if you want a jock villager choose which design you like most or just get the PWPs you want and then get rid of the jock villager.

What the heck are you even talking about?! If it isn't overly cutesy then you guys act like it's ugly af.

Goose, Drift, Curly, Boone, Pierce, Rowan, Flip, Teddy, Bud, Biff, Jay, and Lyman are absolutely adorable. Really most of the jocks are.

edit: How tf are you gonna tell me a chicken named Goose isn't the cutest thing ever.

Last edited:
I don't mind mac, kid cat, Bill and Hamlet.
I find Uchi villagers to be the most unappealing.
I love their dialog but honey, don't get me started on those :3 XD

The only jock i like is Lyman, and he's a cute lil kaola :3 Though i hope they hadn't designed the jock characters to express their personality, cause that sucks.

What the heck are you even talking about?! If it isn't overly cutesy then you guys act like it's ugly af.

Goose, Drift, Curly, Boone, Pierce, Rowan, Flip, Teddy, Bud, Biff, Jay, and Lyman are absolutely adorable. Really most of the jocks are.

edit: How tf are you gonna tell me a chicken named Goose isn't the cutest thing ever.

wWtaLz5.jpg
I wouldn't disagree with that.He's a fine example of a Leghorn rooster.

I don't mind the jock villagers so much. I think Bill is adorable. I don't have him and never had, but I really like his design. Very cute. My jock villager is Frobert and he has been with me since launch. I really like him and never want to get rid of him. To me, his dialogue is not bad at all. The dialogue is funny because he is so tiny.

The obsession with re-defining cute as the only Option is real.
If 100% of the fandom liked only the Top Tier Dreamies 100% of the time - Animal Crossing would be doomed.

There are so many Villagers that are my favorites that maybe 1 or 2 people seem to like here.
These poor jocks. Under appreciated. I don't adore 100% if the jocks but I do like quite a few. I didn't always like the ones that I do.

If you give them a chance jocks are quite funny - almost the jesters of the town - even more than Lazies :blush:

The obsession with re-defining cute as the only Option is real.
If 100% of the fandom liked only the Top Tier Dreamies 100% of the time - Animal Crossing would be doomed.

It's true that in terms of visiting Dream Towns seeing only the same few villagers does become boring, so I agree with you in that regard. However, I don't blame people one bit for preferring the cutest, most visually pleasing characters. That's just human nature, right?
For example, if I only had limited options to design my real-life room, would I not pick what appealed most to me, even if the majority of people had something similar? I would not want to spend time in an unappealing room, even if that meant I had something more unique. I think most people feel that way about their villagers; you only get ten of them and see them every day - it makes sense to choose the ones you like looking at most *shrug*

However, I think it's great when people have favorites that aren't as popular! I have some too; but I don't have them because they're less popular, but because they still happen to fit my preference (or maybe because I grew fond and attached to them despite their design)

Sorry, this was quite the elaboration. To sum it up: As long as players don't get shamed for villagers they like, popular or unpopular, I think all is peachy :3

Last edited:
However, I think it's great when people have favorites that aren't as popular! I have some too; but I don't have them because they're less popular, but because they still happen to fit my preference (or maybe because I grew fond and attached to them despite their design)

Sorry, this was quite the elaboration. To sum it up: As long as players don't get shamed for villagers they like, popular or unpopular, I think all is peachy :3

I agree with you. It's great to have Dreamies! It's great that some villagers are more popular - its human nature to be visually attracted to that which is visually percepted to be "cute". Much science has gone into this.

The danger is the obsession with only cute. Only Top Tier. Most commonly attractive. Never giving any other villager a chance.

And then shaming / ridiculing / putting down those that have found a character connection with a less commonly "desirable" villager.

I've seen it more lately here on TBT. That concerns me.

The danger is the obsession with only cute. Only Top Tier. Most commonly attractive. Never giving any other villager a chance.

And then shaming / ridiculing / putting down those that have found a character connection with a less commonly "desirable" villager.

I've seen it more lately here on TBT. That concerns me.

I think I need clarification what exactly you mean by "obsession" with only top tiers. Like, do you mean people choosing villagers just because they know how popular they are? Or that it's bad when people make superficial choices based on only looks?

I'd definitely agree about that being bad in real life, but that's because humans (or actual animals) have other characteristics that distinguish them from one other (like personality, behavior etc). Since the villagers of a type are all coded the exact same, I don't see anything wrong with going with a superficial preference for cute appearance.

-

It makes me sad to hear that people have been attacked for their villagers; In a way I'm really thankful i haven't seen much of that. I love it when someone talks fondly of a villager I've ruled out based on their design! Sometimes hearing what they find cute in them or seeing fan art of them makes me see them in a completely different light <3

This thread is about jock villagers. Thoughts on aesthetics for another time.

That being said: I have always struggled with finding a jock villager to live and find ways to enjoy them in almost every town.

There is something to be said about giving a jock villager a chance when they move in.
It's happened to be in almost every town. Sometimes I don't like them at all, but over time They may grow on you after awhile!

They are the type of personality - maybe a friend you know who is obsessed about a hobby you don't care about. Over time I don't get upset about their sweaty shirts, or watching late night hockey.

There are life lessons to learn from jocks - how to appreciate the people we love despite their hobbies and interests :blush:

Favorite jocks I've had: Bud, Sterling, Tybalt, Lyman, Kid Cat, Buck, and Boots!
The most Top Tier jock I had was Bam the deer - and he was so wonderful - so funny! Great neighbor :)

I love little Frobert, his buck teeth and design are adorable to me! But other than that I agree, most of the jocks are not too good-looking haha

Let's see:

Peck, Snake, Antonio, Biff, Tank, Moose, Rod, Stinky, Ribbot, Frobert, and Sprocket are all Jock Villagers I'm fond of. Sure they don't fall into the "pastel cute furry animals" category that most people like but I find them pretty charming and cute in their own ways. I mean, come on, Stinky wears underwear on his head!

Have you even SEEN Pierce the Eagle? omg

I also LOOOOOVE Antonio. He's almost comical looking. I love the KK Slider song playing in his house (I don't know the name of it). That plus his species/appearance makes me feel like laughing. I love him.

Last edited:
I don't like them either honestly... I got Ribbot and he's interesting, but I don't think I'll miss him when he moves out.

Back