7144-2399-2801
Green Candy
Red Candy
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Ancient Candle
Pumpkin Cupcake
Voodoo Doll
As many of you know, I moved a state over this year, and I had figured it was going to be hard, especially as I had never moved before. However, especially because this took place right before my senior year of high school and today was the first day of school here in Alabama, it just hit me how hard it was going to be.
I literally know zero people in the school, and while they are all nice and I'm sure I could make new friends, I only have a year with them before I go off to college-and graduation is meant to be a parting of ways. I also realized it's hard on all my friends back home, but for one group especially hard-I've been friends with these twins since 2007 (in fact, we became friends exactly ten years ago now) and they didn't really have any close friends besides myself and some people that were seniors last year so they obviously all graduated. It's just been bad for all of us, it seems...
I think things will get better, but I don't know how long that will take.

It is definitely a sucky situation to be in. By senior year everyone has their friend groups and joining in can be hard. My advice to you would be to join a club or sport. They encourage people to get to know you and will help you make friends. Clubs that actively do things, such as cleaning up the environment or building robots for a competition would be better because you'll all be working towards something and it's easier to get involved. You probably won't end up super amazingly close with anybody, considering you'll only have a year with them, but you can still find people to have fun with! And if not, it is only for one year. I can tell you from experience that you'll end up making a bunch of new friends in college. Everybody does. Most high-school friendships fade except for the super-close ones that have already lasted years. So just tough this year out and things will get better!

I really do feel for you about your friends back where you used to be. But if you're really close then you'll stay strong friends despite the distance. You were eventually going to be separated from them, it just unfortunately happened to you a year early. There's a lot you can do to still hang out though! Watch movies and shows through skype/discord together, or use it to play games online with each other. My bff and I were constantly battling and trading pokemon while we were in college, as well as watching a bunch of anime every Friday, and it kept our friendship strong. I hope yours can do the same!

i swapped schools before year 11 (last year of secondary school in the uk) and honestly just make urself an iconic ho

I agree, join some clubs and put yourself out there. I never did any clubs when I was in high school and I still regret it to this day. I could've had many more friends, but I thought I was too cool for that so now I have three or four good friends back home.

Like has been said in this thread, join a club or sport that you enjoy or are passionate about. Even still, it could be too late for that. You could use Rabbit or whatever it's called (almost certain that it's Rabbit) to watch videos and movies with your friends back home.

wow, that sucks. at least you can still try and keep in touch with your friends from your old school. video chat once a week to catch up and stuff. do you know what college you are going to? maybe you can find some people who might go to the same college you plan on going to, and stick with them. cool thing about college is you get to hang with whoever you want, whenever you want.

So I moved schools three times in high school. All of my friends from middle school worked their butts off to get into the college prep high school, basically you get a free in if you're related to someone who goes or went there, but if you're not you have to write an entrance essay and have a certain grade point average blah blah blah and it's based on a lottery system. So a group of my friends worked their butts off to get in with me.

Then a few weeks into Freshman year something happened and my mom decided instead of just moving out of our house but staying in town we were going to move towns to be closer to my grandparents... So a few weeks into the school year I left all my friends, and the new friends I had made there and moved to a tiny little town where I knew one person that I hadn't seen since elementary school, and who was too different from me to be friends anyways.

Spent most of the first year hiding in the library with my sister, who was a senior, but slowly made my way into a friend group. Made lots of friend, was in a huge group of friends at school, wasn't hugely social outside of school, but still kept a few of my friends from my last town that I'd see for a while on weekends and stuff, but slowly they faded away and I lost contact with almost all of my friends there... Made a few best friends that I would spend my time with outside of school, one was so close that we were nearly family, I spent Christmas at her house and her parents got me a cell phone, yeah that close. Junior year we had a falling out and stopped being friends and stuff, and then my mom started going down to her work in our old town more and more and got a boyfriend down there...

So low and behold she wanted to move back down, I begged her to let me just home school down there because I didn't want to deal with being thrown into a whole new school senior year as I would not be able to go back to the previous college prep school as I didn't have the credits. Her stupid boyfriend convinced her it wasn't the same as graduating, that is was like a GED but it wasn't, literally you get a diploma and you can even choose to walk at a school. So we moved down there, I basically had a closet for a room cause he had a massive salt water fish tank in the room, so I had no privacy and no room, was highly depressed etc etc. Only had half days at my school and was a live in slave/babysitter for my mom's boyfriend.

Hardly saw my friends from my old school, since they had no way of coming down to visit and vice versa, and my middle school friends were all at different schools besides one who I reconnected with and she was basically my only friend there... I had a few acquaintances in my classes but she was the only one I actually hung out with. Didn't participate in any senior activities(prom, senior trip) and didn't even walk the stage because what was the point? My closest friends at school were my teachers, I brought them all cupcakes on the last day. It was just really sucky, but I made it through.

I can't help but think at least if I had done home study I would have finished in half the time, gotten a job and started taking college classes and probably be in college by now, but no. And we ended up living there a few years and moving back up here anyways, to the tiny town. Lost most of my friends around here, some moved, some I just lost contact with, but whatever ya know, it's life.

I hope you have a better experience than I did and i hope you can make some good friends to share your last year with.

Back