• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I love hate my town sometimes and I'm so done plot resetting uhg

Mayor-of-Bliss

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Sometimes I love/hate my town. I'm not sure why
Areas I love I love a lot but other areas just are Meh no matter how I changed them. I keep flip flopping on resetting but doubt I will.
And I got a void villager in a bad spot so I'm moving out a villager in a good spot so they will move but I don't have patterns down at but I've put them down three times and I'm not doing it again so guess I'll be letting villagers wreck stuff.
Maybe it'll give me ideas idk.
Just a rant. Sometimes this game makes me so tired lol.

I agree. I have no idea what to do with my town. Some areas have been blank for years and other parts of my town have been in great shape.

Areas of my town aren't blank they just aren't...they might as well be blank.
Like I want a orchard but have nowhere to put it lol.

I just got so fed up with my town so I restarted it a week or two back. I had it for over two years but had barely any progress and placed the pwp's in such horrible places. The layout itself was terrible and I just go so demotivated to fix it. Everything was bunched up in one corner and the rest was barren. (except Chops' house.. curse you Chops!!!) I got someone to hold my precious items and bells and the only thing I was going to miss was Melba honestly!

Since restarting I've become obsessed all over again - I forgot the feeling of having fossils that Blathers would actually take! I'm happy with my layout now and I'm plot resetting for my villagers to make my town as nice as I can. I'm still terrible at landscaping and decoration but it's better than my previous town (which also had a sucky name). Plus I get a good chance of getting villagers and decided it was the perfect time to join tbt :3

I wrote down the pros and cons of everything and decided a fresh start was right for me and I'm glad I did so. Looking back on my old town makes me cringe yikes. But everyone's different, I just wanted to express my opinion :3

Are the parts of town that you don't like unlikable because they were done when you just started and made beginner mistakes? If so, I would say definitely restart. Restart and choose a different map - it feels like a whole new experience. But if you have some things where you like them, and are just running out of ideas for other places, then you can definitely find inspiration!

I mean, your signature alone (and the idea of pine trees and fishing) makes it sound beautiful (if that's the town you're talking about). You can keep some places simple: pick a PWP that's small (a streelight? a log bench? a hammock?) and make that your centrepiece.

Orchards can take up a lot of space... Are there PWPs that you can demolish to make space? (and rebuild them somewhere else?)

Awl thanks.
No it's not mistakes from being new at it I've had two or three towns before this one. Honestly my pwps are put in good places but I can't moved them (besides swapping them with each other) because my towns kind of crammed up with stuff and maximum pine trees possible lol.
My town is pretty from what everyone says and what I like I love and my map is pretty good. IDK if it's me being bored with animal crossing in general or probably because it's summer? Maybe that's it I hate summer in acnl it looks boring, nothing in my town is really "shining" right now like it would in fall,spring, early summer.

I had the same problem with my last town! My town looked pretty good, but things were bunched up in places and there were just little things I didn't like, and it made playing really hard. I gave up caring where villagers put their houses because I was too lazy to put down qr codes, and ended up letting one move in right in the middle of an awful area, and that was the last straw! I restarted my game and it's been so much better. I feel like I came in with the vision of what I wished my last town would be, and I've found a lot more enjoyment now :) If it's the season may be the problem though, maybe you should time travel to another season and just see if that helps your enjoyment at all! Keeping your town permanently in another season may be just the thing to bring back a passion for the game !

Back