• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

IT

moonford

moon boi
Peach 🍑
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Ruby
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
Leif
IT comes out to play in September

I adore IT, I feel as though the TV Movie didn't do the novel justice so I really hope that this film really delivers. The TV Movie is iconic and it (no pun intended) will always be precious to me.

What do you think of the trailers and teasers so far and how excited are you guys for this film?

I swear if kids end up in the Cinema somehow when I'm watching IT I will scream. So let's not...​

Last edited:
It looks terrifying, I can't really do horror movies, but I want to see it. :x Maybe if it comes on Netflix.

looking forward to this mmmm boy!

I love horror movies! The original IT was frightening (LOVE Tim Curry) and I'm really excited to see how the remake is. I'd love to read the book too if I had the chance.

Tim Curry's performance will probably always appeal to me more, but I'll watch it anyway.

I'm more hyped for Cult of Chucky, personally.

I'll watch it, probably once it becomes available on DVD or something. Not necessarily worth it for me to see in theaters.

I'm deathly afraid of horror movies AND clowns. I don't know if I'll end up watching it but if I have nothing else to do, why not? :0

Been scared of this movie since I was a kid the remake isn't any better

I wonder what is it about clowns that scare people?
Im not really interested in the movie but probably will end up watching it at a friend's house anyway.

somehow thought this was gonna be a thread about information technology

Is this supposed to be a pun?:p

made me genuinely lol

I've read about one quarter of the book and I bloody loved it, dude. I'm pumped! Apparently The Dark Tower (another Stephen King adaption) wasn't too good so I'm excited to see IT.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I wonder what is it about clowns that scare people?
Im not really interested in the movie but probably will end up watching it at a friend's house anyway.

A contributing factor could be serial killer John Wayne Gacy (he worked as a party clown). Another that could've stirred up the fear might have been the TV Movie IT from 1990. It could also be the unpredictability they have (y'know, how they have all their surprises and tricks).

- - - Post Merge - - -

somehow thought this was gonna be a thread about information technology

Maybe a better title would've been "Stephen King's IT".

made me genuinely lol

I've read about one quarter of the book and I bloody loved it, dude. I'm pumped! Apparently The Dark Tower (another Stephen King adaption) wasn't too good so I'm excited to see IT.

- - - Post Merge - - -

A contributing factor could be serial killer John Wayne Gacy (he worked as a party clown). Another that could've stirred up the fear might have been the TV Movie IT from 1990. It could also be the unpredictability they have (y'know, how they have all their surprises and tricks).

- - - Post Merge - - -

Maybe a better title would've been "Stephen King's IT".

Let us not forget American Horror Story's Twisty the clown from Freakshow. That was one creepy-looking clown.

But, yeah, I love horror movies and will definitely go see this. I tried reading the book last year, but couldn't get into it because there was too much backstory. Like the first 2/3 of the book have NOTHING to do with It and at, like, 400 pages I just gave up.

Oh God please no.

So here's the story:
I was a tiny little thing, probably 7. I was bored so I went with my Mom while she was watching "It." I watched it with her, and it scared the **** out of me! Especially that scene in the sidewalk sewer. Thus my fear for clowns and every horror movie to ever exist was born.
- Actually when we would walk the dogs, it would always be at night, I would look at the sewers with so much fear, I couldn't sleep for like 2 weeks.

(Then of course there was the creepy clown phase in 2015....ugh...)

I think it looks alright, bloated to the gills with jump scares as all scary movies are these days, but I hear that Pennywise is more true the descriptions in the book. But I love Tim Curry's portrayal and always will. I think I might see it, but I'm not sure if seeing it in theaters will be worth it so I'll probably wait for Redbox or Amazon to have it.

Well, the full Georgie scene leaked. I watched it last night.

Not gonna spoil it for anyone, but I don't personally like it. I'm sure there will be lots more opportunities to like him when the full film comes out, though.

Back