• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

opinions on country music?

Country music is...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pizzapie44

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
i was talking with somebody today about country music and how popular it's getting to be. i'm not a big fan of it myself, but i'm curious to see how many people actually enjoy country.

i made these options pretty global so you shouldn't have a hard time forming an accurate opinion. happy polling!;);)

Last edited:
Can't think of any country artists I'd listen to voluntarily besides Dolly Parton. I'm sure I do like the odd song by other country singers but it really isn't a genre I'd go out of my way to listen to.

NO. nonononnonononononnononononno. no

It's not for me, but there are a few country songs and artists I do like.

Johnny Cash only. Otherwise, no.

I actually like it a lot. My least favourite genre probably, sure, but I still like it a lot.

The country music I've heard recently is really bad.I like a lot of older country music from Hank Williams,Patsy Cline,Marty Robbins and Conway Twitty because they had great songs and memorable,distinctive voices.Unfortunately,today's country music is all about profit and not what is good(I guess that could be said for most popular music).There is some good stuff still around....fellow native Arizonan Junior Brown is one of the few people out there that's still cranking out good,traditional country music.

The country music I've heard recently is really bad.I like a lot of older country music from Hank Williams,Patsy Cline,Marty Robbins and Conway Twitty because they had great songs and memorable,distinctive voices.Unfortunately,today's country music is all about profit and not what is good(I guess that could be said for most popular music).There is some good stuff still around....fellow native Arizonan Junior Brown is one of the few people out there that's still cranking out good,traditional country music.

this. When I do occasionally enjoy country music it's always the old-fashioned kind. I can't stand modern country

I dont generally talk about this side of my music taste but I really do love older country music. Newer music gives the country genre a bad name, it's just cliche pop/rock trash. You dont know good country music until you've heard a Johnny Cash album.

I can honestly say I've never heard a country song that's even slightly appealed to me. Maybe if I could relate more to the common topics like love, heartbreak, and Randy with the pickup truck stealing my woman and my dog it'd be a different story, but as it stands now I'd probably pick any other genre over country.

Johnny Cash only. Otherwise, no.

Pretty much unless it's like folk artists adding country sounds or such.. I mean Buffy Sainte-Marie has some country added to some songs but they still sound cool.

What I can't stand is like modern pop-country or hillbilly country stuff, ugh...

Bits of it are catchy I suppose. But the melodies are just so repetitive and I can't really relate to the lyrics. They all have like the same octave range and resolutions lol

Ehhh, I live in a pretty redneck part of Texas so most of the kids at my school wear jeans and boots everyday while listening to country music, so I'm around it pretty often. I don't really care much for it but there's some artists I like such as Johnny Cash.

Johnny Cash and Dolly Parton are the only two worth my time, everyone else is unpleasant to listen to.

Ugh, it's almost unbearable, and since I'm from Tennessee, too many radio stations are Country music stations. Modern country has just become pop music with an accent. It's not very good pop music, either. I didn't grow up on the stuff, like most. My parents didn't listen to it, and we only had to listen when my grandparents came to visit.
Just give me more rock radio stations ;A;

not a fan of hearing men singing love songs to their trucks about beer

I'm not a fan. The funnier songs are okay, but it's not something I listen to.

Back