• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

opinions on country music?

Country music is...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i'm indifferent mostly, some good ones and some bad ones

i feel like that video is relevant

I wouldn't say I hate it, but it's not something I listen to. I like a whole bunch of genres a lot more.

I despise country music with every fiber of my being

It's bad. My grandparents listen to it on the radio all the time when we're over and it's terrible, lol. They
at least don't have it playing too loud. My dad makes fun of country music.

ick. no. keep that garbage and its people away from me.
"i made the options global so people can have accurate opinion" lolol that poll

Country music is one of those genres that I just can't see any good in. Living in Oklahoma, I've had it forced on me constantly at restaurants, friends' cars, and worst of all at work. Country music always seems to fit into one (or both) of these categories: Depressing (I actually like depressing music, but not the way that country music is. It's depressing in a different way, like - from experience working to the awful stuff - it effects you physically, making you slower) or irritating. I hate to say it, but I've hardly heard any country music that doesn't fit into one category or the other. It's just miserable music either way, and I can't stand it.

It's funny because I actually like some bluegrass (which is drastically different from country in the manners I speak of), and some country-folk like John Denver. But straight-up country is intolerable. I can't listen to it.

Last edited:
I really can't judge, I live in the UK so country music isn't really big over here like it is in the US, so I only really know Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline etc (who are obviously great but then they're kind of iconic)

...but isn't it basically just the blues for white people? I'd rather listen to that tbh

I love all music including country. I used to be like a lot of people on this thread and have a closed mind about even TRYING to like it but i opened my mind up to all music genres and it's amazing. You really limit yourself when you refuse to listen to anything b/c of your views on the genre. There's a lot of talented people in every genre!

I love all music including country. I used to be like a lot of people on this thread and have a closed mind about even TRYING to like it but i opened my mind up to all music genres and it's amazing. You really limit yourself when you refuse to listen to anything b/c of your views on the genre. There's a lot of talented people in every genre!

It's one thing to be closed-minded, it's another thing to just actually really not like a genre. I've had tons and tons of exposure to country music and have *never* liked it. It's just not for me. I'm not saying that there aren't talented country artists, I just straight-up don't find the genre appealing. You can put all kinds of talent into it, I still won't like listening to it.

Also, not to be rude, but I never really can believe it when someone says they listen to all music. If you get into a conversation with pretty much anyone that claims that, you'll eventually find genres that doesn't appeal to them, they just don't really even count them. lol I've run into people that made this claim, yet we pretty much had little to no music in common that we liked.

Last edited:
It's one thing to be closed-minded, it's another thing to just actually really not like a genre. I've had tons and tons of exposure to country music and have *never* liked it. It's just not for me. I'm not saying that there aren't talented country artists, I just straight-up don't find the genre appealing. You can put all kinds of talent into it, I still won't like listening to it.

Also, not to be rude, but I never really can believe it when someone says they listen to all music. If you get into a conversation with pretty much anyone that claims that, you'll eventually find genres that doesn't appeal to them, they just don't really even count them. lol

Then that doesn't even apply to you. I said some people. A lot of people on this thread can't even name a few artists but have already declared they hate it. That's what I mean by being closed minded. And I'm not saying it's a bad thing either, because I used to HATE it without even really giving it a chance and trying to be open and find artists that I thought were talented. All I was saying that since I've given all genres a chance, I feel so much better. That's all. Legit doesn't apply to everyone.

Also, not to be rude, but I never really can believe it when someone says they listen to all music. If you get into a conversation with pretty much anyone that claims that, you'll eventually find genres that doesn't appeal to them, they just don't really even count them. lol I've run into people that made this claim, yet we pretty much had little to no music in common that we liked.

Yeah and it's kinda annoying even try discussing music with those people because either they just like "anything on the radio" and stops there because they have no preference.. how can you even not have that (or have dislikes, wtf).

And yeah I agree if they say that I probably don't have much in common lol

I honestly didn't know country music was STILL a thing. I haven't seen or heard anything about it in about a decade. o_O
I heard enough of it growing up to where I don't need to ever hear it again.

I absolutely hate country music with an absolute passion. Whenever I visit my parents, they blare artists like Garth Brooks, Reba McEntire, Tim McGraw, Kenny Rogers, Johnny Cash, Martina McBride, Carrie Underwood, Toby Keith, and especially George Strait. Every time I have to listen to this crap, I feel like I'm hearing a preview of what my own personal hell will sound like.

Last edited:
Back