Macarons

oliversacnl

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Mailbox
I used to make them a lot, but then I got sick of them. Now, I'm craving them again, and I want to make them.

What flavor cookie and what flavor filling should I make them? I need some ideas...

BTW, if you don't know what macarons are, they're those little bougie French cookies that look like this:

download.jpg

i've had macarons from laduree so the! real! deal! man! hehe

i think they're pretty good, but for sure i can't have more than one or else it's sugar overload. i'm pretty sensitive to sugary foods, anyway, so macarons are pushing it and are sometimes almost tooo sweet. i really liked a vanilla bean flavor i had once, and rose is really really good ;;; i also like green tea macarons!

I'm not a fan of them, but I often see pink ones. I'm not sure which flavour they are though. :(

I've always though the blueberry ones looked really good, with the light blue cookie and the dark blue filling. Never had one though, I really want to try them sometime!

I like espresso macarons with dark chocolate espresso ganache with fresh raspberries.

Lemon, coffee, blueberries.. my faves that I tried.

They are so yummy . now I want haha.

I once at 13 in one sitting and felt so sick afterwards but!! Mint flavored ones, lemon flavored ones, and raspberry are the best :p

Blueberry ones and coffee ones! Or anything with a slightly tart flavour to it, citrus is good..

OK, so I ended up making the cookie part chocolate. I'm not sure what to do for the filling...

Maybe peanut butter? Caramel? Strawberry? Any other suggestions for the filling?

I think these will come out not very good since I haven't made them in a while. I'll definitely post pics tho \(^o^)/

Edit: I forgot to mention, I put salt on the tops of the cookies! They're salted chocolate! Now I just need a filling to go with that...

- - - Post Merge - - -

NO WAY THEY CAME OUT PERFECT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

OKAY!!! I JUST NEED A FILLING NOW!!! I'm gonna go look for a filling.

Last edited:
I like all flavors really, minus floral. I was intrigued by lavender because the color was so intense, but yuck.

I usually go for the green (green tea or pistachio) or season flavors like eggnog.

I once at 13 in one sitting and felt so sick afterwards but!! Mint flavored ones, lemon flavored ones, and raspberry are the best :p

I don't think I could do that, in a way sounds yum though.

Although I had like 5 of those mochi ice creams at once at one point so..

Caramel filling? Send me a bunch.

Sounds really yum though and way better than those nuts everything being around nowadays. Gotta hate being allergic to peanuts and nuts and then trying to find nice pastries lol

Unfortunately, these DO have nuts in them... hate to burst your bubble D:

Most macarons are made with almond flour. I imagine you might be able to make them with coconut flour or chickpea flour or something!!!

I've never made it before, but Opera cake doesn't have any nuts in it. It's like a French tiramisu, except it has ganache on top, I think. That's an extremely good French pastry. :D

Back