• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Anyone use gyroids in their houses?

Geoni

aka Dad
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
2886-7024-2025
Rebel Gnome
Vesta
Tortimer
Jingle
Lucky
Jack
Coco
Ruby
Mint
Lobo
I came up with the bright idea to put a gargloid in front of my bathroom mirror and I can't stop laughing.

Anyone else use these in their interiors?

I use them in most of my rooms. They're my favorite. I have a Gym and I use Howloids to act like lifting grunts. I also use a dingloid to act like a cashier.

Also I have Coco in my town haha.

I'm only using them to fill up gaps in my room, although you can't hear them due to K.K Salsa.

I like them and I think they're pretty but they wouldn't go with any of the stuff I put in my house, so I usually just sell them whenever I find them. Or pass them onto another villager if they ping asking for it. I remember in wild world dedicating my upstairs room to a bunch of gyroids though, haha. I may do that one of with my display rooms in the museum actually, if I can't find anything else to put in there.

No I never have put a gyroid in my house because I don't know how to incorporate them into my themes

i have all the lullaboids in my garden, it's extremely relaxing, and I have a couple of others (can't remember what ones) in another room, and I'll no doubt put some in my second character's house and in the mayors house for my second town too

I'm pretty sure I have a couple in my main room. I plan on making a cafe once I get all the Brewster furniture and using the Brewster gyroids as "characters".

One or two. They seem to be less important in New Leaf than in previous games so I pretty much just sell them.

i never use them!! i always thought they were kinda ugly/unappealing & the fact that they're based off of japanese charms for the dead turns me off from them more o v o

but wow i never thought to use them as characters thats actually smart & really cute! though it can be really creepy if you look at it in a different light xD horror towns could use this to their advantage

Last edited:
I sell mine right off. The only ones I kept were the Brewstoids, and those are in Club LOL. I've never liked gyroids since I started playing AC back on the GameCube.

At least they don't park one out in front of your house anymore!

I put them to work! There are two gyroids in my cafe house, one manning the cashier and the other in the garden shop. They are also a few in my character Charlie's camping house. I don't use music in that house so I quite like the gyroids and their sound effects. I don't find them creepy at all, despite their origins. I like finding the ones that sound good together and I collect some of the nicer looking ones in my dig site museum room.

I either have one near the sofa as if its sitting with me as i watch tv or in another room, I can't remember which ones i use, but they work well wih the type of music I put on in the room.

I'm using a mega croakoid in my backyard pool party room. The pink and green color fits in well and so does the froglike noise it makes, especially since I have Puddles' picture in that room as well. In one of my alts' houses I have a room with a bunch of computer technology and power-related furniture so I have two gyroids in there (off the top of my head I think they are the harmonoid and mega rustoid?) to make the room seem more "alive." I also have a ~creepy hospital~ room (real original, I know), and I tried setting up the howloid series in there but it felt kind of unintentionally hilarious so I removed them. I mean, it's Animal Crossing, so it's never gonna be super serious, but idk, they didn't feel right.

I also have a few random gyroids outside as decoration! There's one outside the Cafe, and two underneath the bus stop pwp :) I saw that in a couple dream towns and thought it looked neat.

For some reason no, I always sell them but in previous games I had multiple in each room. May start getting back into them again actually :3

Nope. I have my favorite gyroid in one of my museum rooms though (slim nebuloid), the lullaboids are also nice sounding. ^^

I have one in my main room, a lullaboid, because it matches my interior and I wanted something to put there. Otherwise, I collect mine and put them in a museum room, just to have something to put in there.

Back