• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I'm about to spend all my money on Redd's shady fortune cookies

my first cookie of the night was a dud and i teared up

... so... i getchu ;)

Well I bought another one and it was a flashy ticket

Well what did we expect. He sells us fake paintings all the time. -_-

OMG it was the lovely phone after two tries! How lucky is that?!

Last edited:
Redd's cookies are only 500 bells a pop.
I got the Lovely Phone in 5 tries, so, no biggie :p

Good luck trying to get or complete them all. I remember the process being very tedious like buying, eating then handing the ticket over (one at a time) to Redd.

Good luck trying to get or complete them all. I remember the process being very tedious like buying, eating then handing the ticket over (one at a time) to Redd.

Everything in this game is tedious lol and yeah it's annoying. I was mostly aiming for the phone because I remember now that it tells your fortune, which is useful on the days that Katrina isn't in town.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh by the way, he lie!!! every ticket isn't a prize ticket. Unless you count a roman candle as a prize, which I don't

20638763_334885966953681_8849197137669763633_n.jpg

Everything in this game is tedious lol and yeah it's annoying. I was mostly aiming for the phone because I remember now that it tells your fortune, which is useful on the days that Katrina isn't in town.

Haha yeah, that's true. But that one takes the cake for me. It bores me out trying to open/eat the cookies one by one only to get either a dud or more doubles, especially if you're aiming for all in one go (still have 3 Sundays though). I'd rather catch feathers and watch Pave dance each time XD The lovely phone is awesome though! Goes well with the lovely series or fairy-tale themed room.

i already have three miniature cars from trying to get the ultra scope. i should stop but i don't want to

I just did the same. Just got the lovely phone after like 2 filled inventories full of cookies haha

Am I the only one who got it first go? Is it really THAT hard to get?

My 2nd one was a boxed figurine, I didn't know the lovely phone was something that you could get :( (oops)

I've only ever gotten duds with him *sigh*

I wouldn't mind spending more money, but going through the eating of the cookies gets frustrating after a while.

Rant:
It's too reminiscent of my biggest peeve: dealing with fortune cookies at the Nooklings!
I love Timmy and Tommy, but their dialogue is probably the most long winded in the entire game (dialogue > buy fortune > dialogue > eat cookie > read cookie riddle > dialogue - Aaargh!)
It's aggravatingly repetitive, and has currently turned me off of buying their fortune cookies altogether. /Rant o.0 *twitch*

Last edited:
I'm not all that interested in the lovely phone because from what I understand, I can get it elsewhere. But if I do get it by chance when buying the fortune cookies then I'll be happy to keep it. But it's not that much of a big deal for me, even though getting fortunes every day is quite neat.

I went for getting all of the items, and I got them all after two inventories of cookies. :cool: Not bad

I took me like 40 cookies not kidding one time. Other time it took like 3. This game is ridiculous

- - - Post Merge - - -

Honestly fortune cookies remind me of trying to get all the pave furniture

Back