• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

a thread about my town, Uncia

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Let me introduce you to my town, Uncia.
The name comes from the rare and elusive snow leopard, or Pantera uncia as fans of taxonomy might know.

unciaflag.jpg

That's why the flag is a snow leopard too.

I've only been mayor for a couple of months, really, so there's still a lot of work to do! Currently trying to get the perfect town thing going, but building those public works is slowing me down. I would really like a cute bench but I don't much care for the yellow basic one you get at the start of the game. I would like something more... white or light blue... you know... ice... snow... I'm a sucker for themes. I guess it's a good thing my town fruit is apple (like in Snow White!) and not... lychee or something... I don't know if that can even be the native fruit... But still, I feel like I got lucky.

Another thing I'm trying to get is a really nice town tune. Right now I'm using the victory tune from Pokemon. I don't know... using another Nintendo game's music seems a little unimaginative. I should just sit down and compose something myself instead of looking online, but I haven't had a good idea for one yet!

My biggest fear regarding ACNL: my character's name is Skye, so if the wolf Skye moves to my town it's going to be really awkward and confusing. :c

acnl-sig.jpg

Last edited:
I love your town flag! I'm guessing that you're going to try for arctic, and possibly a dash of fairytale-ness, to your paths and rooms.

Oh! Thank you muchly. n w n

Well, it's not going to be snowy year-round, so I'm trying to find a path that'll work with any ground color. I'm NOT going to change them four times a year!

And my house's a e s t h e t i c is simple: if it's something you might see in a Studio Ghibli film, I'll find a place for it. xD

Aww dang, you're right! I wonder how popular she is... > 3 >;; I don't really want to spend too much money on amiibo cards...

- - - Post Merge - - -

What are PWPs? :0

Aww dang, you're right! I wonder how popular she is... > 3 >;; I don't really want to spend too much money on amiibo cards...

- - - Post Merge - - -

What are PWPs? :0

pwps are public work projects! :blush:

and yessss, as everyone else has also said, i love your flag!!

Back