Giveaway πŸ’” IN MEMORY OF LULU πŸ’” Closing Midnight today PST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lulu had Cushings??? My Dr actually tested ME for that a couple of years ago. They tested My cortisol levels, which were high but not quite high enough to confirm without MRI (who ch I couldn't afford).

i've been meaning to post for a few days now but i always held off because i'm not that great with consoling people ^^;
i'm so sorry for your loss. i've never had a pet before so i don't really have to go through this like you and other people. but i'm sure its very heartbreaking to lose a friend you've had for so many years
i hope you cope and build yourself back up throughout all this <3
tumblr_inline_mmjul3x8DC1qz4rgp.gif

Lulu had Cushings??? My Dr actually tested ME for that a couple of years ago. They tested My cortisol levels, which were high but not quite high enough to confirm without MRI (who ch I couldn't afford).
Cushings Disease in humans is serious stuff, Hun! Poor you! Please stay on top of the testing, symptomatology, etc
We never got the diagnosis for Lulu confirmed until the week before she died ... she had ultrasound twice ... it was so very hard to put her through all that too ... poor little luv luv ... I know her suffering is over, but our emotional suffering continues :(

Princeton?

- - - Post Merge - - -

There's a place called Lulu Island, I thought that was cool when I saw it buts far from your hint aha.

Princeton?

- - - Post Merge - - -

There's a place called Lulu Island, I thought that was cool when I saw it buts far from your hint aha.
No ❀️ Not Princeton

Kinda sweet that you mentioned Lulu Island (now known as Richmond and part of Vancouver BC)
... it is in one of my favourite pieces of poetry by Canadian writer Emily Pauline Johnson - called the Ballad Of Yaada - (A LEGEND OF THE PACIFIC COAST) ... a couple of verses:
"There are fires on Lulu Island, and the sky is opalescent
With the pearl and purple tinting from the smouldering of peat.
And the Dream Hills lift their summits in a sweeping, hazy crescent,
With the Capilano ca?on at their feet.

There are fires on Lulu Island, and the smoke, uplifting, lingers
In a faded scarf of fragrance as it creeps across the day,
And the Inlet and the Narrows blur beneath its silent fingers
And the ca?on is enfolded in its grey."

This is the kind of poetry I love and it has Lulu's name in it ❀️❀️❀️ thanks for reminding me of this!

I am so so sorry for your loss Penny. I know how hard it is to lose a fur-baby, it's very much like losing a child. I don't do this in hope of winning anything but as a return for all of the love and art you share with this site, I know I am not the best artist but I hope that this will at least ease the hurt in your heart for even a moment.
AT2Ykb0.png

LuLu is in peace over that rainbow bridge, and someday you will be reunited with her. <3

Guess: Cawston?
I don't live in America, so please forgive me for my stupid guesses.

I am so so sorry for your loss Penny. I know how hard it is to lose a fur-baby, it's very much like losing a child. I don't do this in hope of winning anything but as a return for all of the love and art you share with this site, I know I am not the best artist but I hope that this will at least ease the hurt in your heart for even a moment.
AT2Ykb0.png

LuLu is in peace over that rainbow bridge, and someday you will be reunited with her. <3
Oh. My. Goodness. ❀️ Thank you so very much for this awesome art! I LOVE your art ... look at that little Gracie Grace zebra scarf! Luv it! And thank you for your comforting words - mission accomplished - a little hearts ease for sure ❀️

- - - Post Merge - - -

Keremeos?
WINNER !!! Keremeos is where my precious Lulu was born - Congratulations, Sheila! ❀️❀️❀️
I will award this Cosmos right away ... the others for this thread I will award when it closes.

My cousin and Aunt live in Osoyoos which is very near Keremeos, and they made the arrangements for us ... Lulu was a surprise gift ... the best we ever received!!

Hey Penn! I'm not entering for the Glow wand and I don't want to be awarded a pink cosmo but I just wanted to say sorry for your loss. I know we have had our differences with my auction but I'm glad we overcame that and have moved on. A dog is such a precious gift to ANYONE and for someone to lose that breaks my heart. It's true what they say about how dogs are a mans(and woman's) best friend. I own two mini schnauzers and I love them to pieces, they both are truly some of my best friends. Feeling sad? cuddle with your dog. Feel happy? Cuddle with your dog to spread the happiness. Feel lazy? Cuddle with your dog in bed while watching Netflix and eating popcorn.

From the way you have talked about Lulu on here and on the forums I can tell you were extremely close with her and so once again, I'm so so sorry for your loss. Heaven has gained a sweet angelic dog <3

Sorry for Lulu. I know she was a great dog and brought love in your life.

My dog, Patchy, got put down to him being ill and couldn't take it any more. I feel for you.

Last edited:
Thanks, AppleBitterCrumble ❀️ ... I appreciate your kind words ... I love the little Schnauzers too with their adorable eyebrows and whiskery faces! Give them a cuddle for me in memory of Lulu ❀️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back