• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Will someone move if I never talk to them?

Twisterheart

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Mint
Lobo
White Pansy
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
I had two villagers that were in bad spots, so I scanned amiibo cards trying to fix my town. Both amiibo villagers would only move into the previous spots, even though I had open places for them. I plot resetted a hundred times and neither of them moved, so I just gave up.

I'm wondering if I just ignore them and never talk to them if they will leave?

Depends on the villager. I had a ****ty villager who I ignored and even tried cycling out and this little ****er didn't ping me until a year later. HE NEVER PINGED ME UNTIL A YEAR LATER. Uuuugh, it awful, but I learned a strategy that worked for me and maybe it'll work for you.
So the fastest way to get rid of a villager is the amiibo cards if you have a villager you like. You can force someone to move out with the cards, but you do get the villager on the card to move in.
No amiibo cards? That's fine, I got rid of my pesky villager by talking to almost only him. I talked to him the most, I'd talk to him 3 times, maybe everyone else once and he started pinging me more and he finally left.

From experience, that method never really worked for me but that may because I had gotten too impatient, lol. I have always found befriending faster personally. It works great!

There's no sure fire way of getting rid of villagers that work 100%. Otherwise, these threads wouldn't exist :( It's random who wants to move each time. I've had villagers I don't talk to move and villagers I talked to a lot move.

I don't know if this is true or not but I read that amiibo villagers will never ping you to move unless you recruit at least 7

No and yes. They have to be on speaking terms with you to suggest to move out or ping you. But I've had villagers move out in the past that I don't talk to

The never talking thing doesn't work, it takes longer for a villager to move.

I don't think this will work. I think that when they ping you, they will say that they're moving. When you want them to leave, they will most likely change their mind and want you to talk to them more. It's really annoying :(

Back