• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Villagers will NOT move out?!

Katelyn

Check out my PWYW Shops~
Bells
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Jack
Lucky
Purple Bat Potion
Lobo
Mint
Coco
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
Isabelle
So I recently restarted my town, yesterday actually, and I'm at the point where I'm trying to TT some villagers out so I can get my dreamies. I've never once had a problem with this up until now. I have TT 30 days, day by day, and not one villager has moved out. NOT. ONE. Like, am i doing something wrong? Is it because I haven't gotten a 100% approval rating yet? I'm starting to get super frustrated because something like this has never happened to me, usually it only takes a little bit of traveling until someone moves. I just don't know what to do!

EDIT: I have 10 villagers!

Last edited:
have you introduced yourself to each of your villagers? i'm not sure if that affects anything, but it might help?

have you introduced yourself to each of your villagers? i'm not sure if that affects anything, but it might help?

I thought that might've been the problem too, but I went and talked to all of them and they're still not moving. Looks like my town is just doomed lol

Here is my suggestion:
Make a new character,
Introduce yourself to everyone
ONLY talk to the villagers you want to stay
Within 7 days, they'll be considered "unwanted" and will ping you to move out. (Time traveling helps!)
Hope this helps!

yikes i'm not sure then... one of my towns hasn't gotten a 100% approval rating, but someone has pinged to move, so i don't think it's that... ;;

I've TT'd three months day by day and still no one has asked to move. I'm really stuck at this point :/

Thats frustrating! Try introducing yourself to them, but not talking to them afterwards.
This helped me on my second save file and they all moved out quite quickly, It really helped!

Have you finished all the other introductory things? If 5cm/s is correct in saying that you don't need 100% approval, maybe it's the down payment? Have you done that? Or looking at your TPC? I can't rmb what other things there are...

- - - Post Merge - - -

Or maybe just get 100% and see?

Have you finished all the other introductory things? If 5cm/s is correct in saying that you don't need 100% approval, maybe it's the down payment? Have you done that? Or looking at your TPC? I can't rmb what other things there are...

- - - Post Merge - - -

Or maybe just get 100% and see?

I ended up getting 100% last night as well as my downpayment, but I started TT again today and it doesn't seem to have made a difference v.v

Last edited:
yikes that's really awful... i'm really not sure why nothing is happening...

maybe try talking with them? it might be something with having to be at least SOMEWHERE on the friendship ladder with them?

are your villagers amiibo cards/figures? if so they take a REALLY long time to ping to move.

yikes that's really awful... i'm really not sure why nothing is happening...

maybe try talking with them? it might be something with having to be at least SOMEWHERE on the friendship ladder with them?

Yea, maybe I'll try that. I've introduced myself to them already, but clearly that hasn't done anything. Maybe if I talk to them one more time? Idk, I guess we'll see, Can't hurt to try at this point lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

are your villagers amiibo cards/figures? if so they take a REALLY long time to ping to move.

Only one of them is from a card, other than that the rest of them moved in naturally

This sounds super frustrating. I think they really messed with the moving mechanics when they did the update. Admittedly, they gave a longer time between when the villager wants to move out and when they actually move out, and they made it so that you can kick villagers out with Amiibo cards if your town is full, but it seems as though they might have intentionally or unintentionally changed more than that.

Yes. This happend to my old town. (Already mentioned this in another thread).
I've time traveled 30 years and NONE of my villagers moved out. I really don't know why.

This is happening to me too. I created my village recently (9 days to be more exact) and just introduced myself to Villagers that I do not want. 8 days have passed and none of them have decided to move out of my village yet and this is bothering me a lot because I really can not like them. = /

PS: I'm not doing TT and I cannot imagine what I'm doing wrong being that I've read several guides.

I ended up getting 100% last night as well as my downpayment, but I started TT again today and it doesn't seem to have made a difference v.v

That sucks big time. I'm all out of (made up) ideas... I guess if no one moves in a couple more weeks (of TT time), then you'll probably have to reset everything. :S It would suck if you have a map you wanted!

Since you just restarted your town,you might not have finished with the villager's tutorial dialogue.Once they stop giving you advice on living in the town and start with normal dialogue like "get me some fruit" or "deliver this package" then they'll start pinging to move.

Don't bother with day by day, do 5days, someone will ping every five days UNLESS you have 8 or less villagers.
Make sure to talk to whoever's available so they'll ping you later

Back