• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How do you guys deal with bad house placement?

StarFoxy

Bells
Silver Mailbox
For those of you who are too impatient to continue plot resetting, or don't plot reset at all, how do you deal with bad house placment? For the past few days, I've realized that villager houses really are a problem when you want to make PWPS in a certain place, but their house is too close. Or when a villager is LITERALLY blocking a bridge. Thoughts?

If you have the latest update, you can place patterns down in areas where you don't want a villager to be.

As for pre-existing villagers in a bad location, I'd get rid of em.

i either try to work around it (if the damage isn't toooo bad), but if they're in front of a major building or my house, or they're blocking a bridge, i just wait until they move out ;;;

if the villager is in an awful spot and is a dreamie...... then that's hard.

I just bought Cookie recently and I messed up plot resetting (somehow???), and her house isn't in the most optimal place, but I can work around it. It's anything but in the way, she's on the edge of my town, right in front of a beach ramp that I don't use. Luckily, I could incorporate her house into my path plans.

To be honest, I find their tendency to pick terrible places and having to work around them part of the charm of this game.

With emergency tea and cookies

Kidding aside, I only plot reset for knowable villagers (campers, move-ins from other towns), because it's too much to reset for a random move-in. That's mostly the reason I like having my town at 9 villagers: there's space for change/new villagers, but I'll also pretty much know when they'll plot

I hope they move out as quick as possible. D: But otherwise, I kind of try to move around it- despite it annoying the heck out of me sometimes. D:<

With emergency tea and cookies
Does that mean you have an emergency safe ready for just the occasion?

I once had a peppy villager move in at the most terrible place imaginable. Destroyed several hybrids, azalea start paths, and just went in the pathway leading in three directions and blocked a pwp I worked pretty hard on.

Needless to say, I kicked her but the day she got unpacked with WA cards. Then I placed out even more paths. I almost covered everything. Before that, I actually had like four places someone could move and they still choose to go right into a tile patterned pathway.

I kick them out when they ping me to leave. Other than that, I use paths all over my town to make future villagers move to convenient spots.

:eek: I kick them out of my town, and have a lot of paps so they don't move in certain places

It depends on what villager it is and what spot it is. If it's a villager that I want to keep for a while and
the spot isn't that bad at all (like at least not in front of the townhall, cafe or a bridge) then I will try to
work with it. If the spot is so terrible and I can't work with it, then I guess I will have to think about it
if I still want to keep the villager or if I let him/her go once he/she wants to move out. If it's a villager I
don't want to keep or I don't care, then I will just wait till that villager wants to move out.

I don't. I just plant some flowers around the house to give them a nice garden.

I play Animal Crossing to relax, I don't stress out over these things.

I don't plot reset. I just cross my fingers and hope for the best. If the spot they pick is not ideal, I just rearrange my paths to accommodate them.

Back