• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's the hardest letter for you to write neat?

What's the hardest letter for you to write neat?

• Total voters
The lowercase a. I write sometimes really fast, therefore certain letters looking pretty sloppy because
of this. The worst one is almost every time the a, it rather looks more like an o or like an c, so I have
to fix it afterwards to let it look like an actual a.

(In general, my handwriting sucks.)

A bit of a different instance, but I can never remember the difference between a capital cursive "S" and "I". I now just write a regular capital "S" instead of the cursive version if I cannot look it up at the time. I do not trust myself to even attempt it otherwise, lol.

Iunno. I think my f, j, and q looks dumb in lower case.
My uppercase J and G is terrible.
And I write pretty neat. I just wish that my letters came out more. Rounded where it needs to be rounded and less angular.
I've tried fixing my handwriting a bunch of times but those ones never come out the way I want them to.
Q is the worst because I can never figure out how I want to write it and accentuate the tail part to make it obviously a q, but also match the rest of my writing style. Do I hook it? Check mark it? Loop it? Or draw a straight line through it?
Too many styles. And they all look dumb.

For my letters, a x would be the messiest. I look at it, one side is longer and not straight at all.

Letter e because I tend to have letter h transition to that letter like cursive. Sometimes, it looks like a c and don't get me started when it comes to writing really fast.

I think I'm pretty awful at all of them, but I'm going to go with Q/q.
Also, my e's often come out looking exactly like c's no matter how hard I try.

Last edited:
I usually write quick and because of that my letters end up connected. Almost like cursive but really they're just sloppy bridges connected non cursive letters. " O " is always a pain to write because the lines make it look like an " a. " I always have to slow down when writing it.

Back