• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Come visit my Dream Town

I decided that I'm done playing ACNL for a while, but I would still like more visitors and reviews on my town.

I decided that I'm done playing ACNL for a while, but I would still like more visitors and reviews on my town.

It's okay to take a hiatus. I haven't played NL in about 3 weeks and before that I hadn't played it in like a month.

Maybe if I 0lay next weekend when I go back to my house I'll check out your dream towns :)

Hi! I decided to go to your dream town!

My favorite house was Andrea's house. I really love very fancy places so that's automatically one of my favs!

My least favorite house was Jordan's. I associate Texas with sun and desert, and you got the desert part down, but the nighttime ambient light coming from the windows makes the rooms look really washed out and bland.

My favorite rooms from each house was Holly's basement, Jordan's right room (gotta love them space shuttles), Andrea's basement theater, and Morgan's back room.

My least favorite rooms from each house was Holly's right room, Jordan's back room, Andrea's second floor, and Morgan's main room.

Some strengths I've found are the black and orange tulip arrangement in the south part of town, all of the penguin villagers (Sprinkle is so cute ^-^), the little lighthouse area on southeast part of town, and the town tune.

Some weaknesses I've also found are the paths. They look really well done but kinda stick out if I were to base it off of your town's theme. You also set your town to night, which imo, makes the rooms for your human residents look boring and washed out. Maybe try setting it at an earlier time so it looks more lively? And this might just be my personal opinion, but I found that you used the indoor campsite/forest idea a bit too much for my tastes. I like variety and you've done really well with the individual rooms and houses, but as a whole? It becomes a bit redundant.

If I were to grade this town, I'd give it a 86%.

I hope I wasn't too harsh of a critic. If I was, I'm really sorry but you did want feedback and I wanted to give you my most honest opinions to help you make this town better. I'm just letting you know that I'd definitely visit again when you've updated your dream address so I'll be waiting for that!

1. What house is your favorite, and what house is your least favorite?
My favorite has to be the one that represents California. There is so much variety, especially in the center room!

2. What room is your favorite in each house, and what room is your least favorite in each house?
Texas - The center room is my favorite, yet the street fair up top kind of clashes with the room below.
Flordia - I love both the center room and the north room. The room to the left feels kind of empty, though I can see what you were trying to capture.
California - I'd have to say the center room is the best. The north room doesn't really feel like it's needed, as a store is already in the east room.
New York - I feel indifferent about this one, so I don't have a favorite or leats favorite.

3. What are some strengths I have for my town?
The placement for PWP's is nice.
I love the main path! It looks like an LED path.
Nice theme for your Villagers. Penguins!
I don't see the problem with your town being in a night setting. Your town's name IS MoonGlow, after all.

4. What are some weaknessess I have for my town?
The LED sign over by Roald's house kind of hurts my eyes, especially because it's night.
The yellow tulips kind of clashed with the path.
Those blue tiles by the river and Plaza feel a little strange.

5. On a scale from 0% to 100%, what is my overall grade?

I'd have to give you an 87% I can see the effort put into your town.

Nice reviews guys.

If anybody else wants to visit my town and criticize it, feel free to do so.

Last edited:
I haven’t got any reviews in a while. I’m hungry for Dream Town reviews

Last edited:
I just visited your dream town and below is my feedback! :) You requested critical feedback so please bear in mind while reading my comments! This feedback is based upon your latest Dream Town update which appeared to have 2 bridges, is in the Fall, and takes place during the very early night time.

1. What house is your favorite, and what house is your least favorite?

Of all the houses, I would say the Florida home is my favorite and the least favorite is most likely Morgan's house.

2. What room is your favorite in each house, and what room is your least favorite in each house?

I think one of the creative was the right room in the Florida house, I assume you are depicting Miami with it? For my least favorite room, I honestly do not really have one. I think your interior decorating is amazing all the way around if you ask me! :)

3. What are some strengths I have for my town?

~ So far, I think the bridge placement is great, where are you planning on placing the 3rd?
~ I love what you are attempting to do with Cafe! :)
~ I also love the fact that you created 4 well-designed player houses!
~ You are consistent with which theme the important buildings in town are (All Zen or Wooden).
~ I also find it quite fitting that you utilize a lot of apples in your town! lol
~ Additionally, I think it is very good that you isolated the camping area to make it seem more like it is in the woods, do you plan on doing additional stuff with it?
~ Reasonable effort in landscaping.

4. What are some weaknesses I have for my town?

~ The path system seems very blocky and choppy (it lacks flow and curvature to it). There are also random dead ends that are double-wide which makes the path system look and feel less polished. I also felt like certain paths didn't need to be there and was occupying potential landscaping space. The patterns utilized in the paths also seem out of place with the natural colors of the town and theme that I think you are pursuing (it clashes badly with the Zen-themed buildings).
~ The landscaping is done with reasonable effort, but I feel that it is barren in certain areas and can seem monotonous. I also felt like the tree types in certain areas lacked variety which made the town less vibrant (colorful). I do think you did attempted to combat that by introducing colorful flowers in the areas (part of being a great landscaper is utilizing balance to your advantage). I also think using more bushes would help bring more substance to the landscaping.
~ The beach seemed barren, but the beach is one of those areas that doesn't need too much landscaping and I also feel like it should be the last priority when designing a town.
~ Like someone mentioned in previous feedback, I also find having patterns next to the river like that seemed off and it also was occupying potential space for landscaping.

5. On a scale from 0% to 100%, what is my overall grade?

I would give the town a 80/100 because I feel like it is an above average town. I feel that you have put great effort into it (especially in the interior design) and I feel like you have reasonable effort in the landscaping. The only area that needs serious improvement is the path system. Landscaping of the town just needs improvement (it is not bad, it just needs more done with it), but I recommend fixing the path system before polishing the landscape (since you might have to remove trees, etc.). All you need to do to get to a 90+ in my personal opinion is polish your landscaping and path system. If you ever want me to visit your town and give you more detailed feedback/recommendations on the landscaping, I would love to! :)

I hope my feedback has been helpful and I think it is very brave of you to ask for critical feedback even if you read stuff you might not like to see! :)

Okay, I'll visit your town's dream world.

Update: I do like the concept of rooms acting as restaurants, hotels, and pseudo-outdoors areas. I also found the office room funny. XD

Last edited:
@MasterM64: Nice review. And yes, that east room represents Miami, as the upper room from that same house is based on Jacksonville, with interesting items for a hideout.

@MasterM64: Nice review. And yes, that east room represents Miami, as the upper room from that same house is based on Jacksonville, with interesting items for a hideout.

Thank you, I am glad you found it helpful! :D That's awesome, I really loved the creativity put into all your houses. :) I think in interior design, you definitely get a 100/100 in my book!

Back