• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Come visit my Dream Town

Alolan_Apples

Apple Imperialist
Apple 🍎
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Feedback
100% (140) +
Yep, I have published my Dream Address today for MoonGlow, the town I was working on this whole summer. The Dream Address is:

5B00-0087-746D

I would also like reviews on my town. Once you visit and leave, here are the following questions to answer:

1. What house is your favorite, and what house is your least favorite?
2. What room is your favorite in each house, and what room is your least favorite in each house?
3. What are some strengths I have for my town?
4. What are some weaknessess I have for my town?
5. On a scale from 0% to 100%, what is my overall grade?

Just letting you know, every house is based after the United States. Here are the character houses and what state they represent:

Andrea - California
Jordan - Texas
Morgan - New York
Holly - Florida

So if you want to refer to the houses by the states, you can refer to them by their states.

You know, I didn't create this theead just to get people to visit my town. I also wanted feedback. I worked hard on this for three months, and I would like to get opinions from the other members on how well I did.

Give me some time, and I'll take a look at your town address!

I finished visiting your town! Let me see...

1. My favorite house was California. Totally feels like I'm there! My least favorite: New York - I could see myself in multiple places and not quite there...

2. My favorite rooms:
California: The Basement theater.
Texas: The Center room dramatic western scene.
Florida: The Back room swamp
New York: The West room working cubicle.

My least favorite rooms:

California: The East room souvenir area
Texas: The Back room car garage
Florida: The West room with the sun in it
New York: The Back Room Campground, or the center fall scene (Kind of repetitive for your theme, I suggest changing one of them)

3. Your town's strengths:

-The works projects are so well placed!
-The trees contribute to an excellently structured town.
-I could totally hang out around the roost - that's my favorite area.
-The Perfect Apple Orchird... So many of them on the south end... I love how they're so abundant like that.
-The path transition from the north to south was quite fun.
-The campsite area... So huge and vast to run around!
-Penguin are always fun villagers. :)

4. Weaknesses.

-The flower arrangements are somewhat inconsistent in my eyes. Some places have several rows of them, while others have only one row of them. Some places feel loaded with them (the upper half of town,) others feel kind of lacking (the roost, other attractions)
-The rose bed below retail does not seem to work, as the marry mix of colors feel too chaotic in my eyes.
-The Camp area feels... Kind of overly empty. Maybe try placing mushrooms in it, and maybe other works project to supplement it?
-The light blue path is placed in very odd places, and looks kind of messy. I can see it work somewhat around the plaza and cobblestone spots, but next to the river and other places, it looks kind of strange.
-The Square Tiling needs a little work. I think it could benefit with a thicker brick edge, and maybe a little more detail of some kind.
-The timing of the dream town is kind of awkward when updated just before the snow appears. Considering all the penguins, it will become even better after the snow appears!

5. Overall rating: 85%. A very well structured, very fun-themed town. Keep it up!

Very nice review. I went to your Dream Town too, and it looks really good.

About my comments on your review:

- I actually agree that the Sunshine State room was pretty bad when it came to design. But for that "garage", that was actually supposed to be a Dallas Street Fair, with the teacups ride and floor lights emphasizing it.
- The Caf? Plaza is actually my favorite part of the town too, and the mayor's. I have to admit that I did an exceptionally good job on it.
- The edges of each path are LED strips, but even I agree that they don't look like good LED strips.
- The roses weren't randomly placed. I tried to follow a Sudoku pattern.
- The "light blue path" (actually jade tiles) are laid along the lake to represent that the "big lake" was once a plaza, to remind people that the "big lake" was where events took place back in the GameCube Version.
- The early December evening is when the environment in ACNL looks best (in my opinion). I know the timing didn't match the species of the villagers, but I picked that because it looks beautiful in my eyes.

Thanks for the review though.

Last edited:
Ah, I see... I guess your town has a lot of context involved that I never quite knew about. I have only played this game since last October, so the lake idea I never figured out. I also never knew about the street fair part in Dallas either, as I've seen street fairs everywhere. I guess many of my issues were from a lack of knowledge on my part! x)

Hi!! I visited you town and I'll be happy to send you this review! :)

1) Absolutely love for California! This house is perfect! I love it all, great job! :D

2) My favourite room of each house!? This will be very difficult, there are more of one room that I really loved! But I try! :)
Florida: The East room with the beach! Is beautiful and well done!
Texas: The Principal room, it is soo cute and remember me of some scene of western movies!
California: Also the Principal room. Soo colourfull and yes! It feels like California!
New York: The little cute bar in the basement!

My least favourite rooms are:
New York: The Est room with the construction, simply isn't my stile :)
California: The fast food or restaurant in the back, I don't know with a comparison, isn't soo beautiful ad the other rooms!
Texas: The garage in the back, simply don't like that as much! :)
Florida: The West room with the sun and the basket of fruits, mmh, too empty maybe?

3) Your town' strenghts:
The paths: Are soo perfect and linear, and the lovely division of the town with red and blue pattern and blue and pink is really beautiful!
The Camping ground: Perfect, simply and natural, as a really camping ground, I really love how simple is!
The Caf? Plaza: I'd love all! The position between the two rivers, the cute bushes around and the illuminated arc are simply perfect! :)
Flowers: They're so well matched with the paths! And I love the little and colourful garden of roses with the same colour ad the streets!
House position and Villagers: Aww, soo cute! All penguin villagers! I love them, and their position is perfect!

4) Weaknesses:
Mmmh... I don't know, maybe the time? I don't now a sunny or a snowy day will feat better for me! :)
The blue pattern, isn't quite beautiful as the rest of the city!

5) 95%! Very cute town! Is almost perfect and the theme is beautiful! Good job, really! :D

Nice review.

Did you know: Even if I live in Texas, I was born in Southern California. The Inland Empire (Riverside, San Bernardino, Ontario etc) is actually a desert, and that's what the main room in Andrea's house is based after. But the other rooms (save for the second floor) are based on Orange County, and that penthouse room (second floor) is based on Los Angeles. Ironically, what people mostly think about when we bring up California (grizzly bears, Redwood Forest, gold, tech companies etc), that's Northern California. The California house is Southern California.

i had a lot of fun walking around your dream town!! i can tell you put a lot of work into it (also, three months? to me that's really impressive, i couldn't work that fast)

my favorite house is definitely florida! i love all the rooms and the whole nature jungle thing going on in the main room. i really loove the basement with all the gaming consoles, and i never knew the huge sun item (in the west room with all the fruits) existed until i visited your dream town! i gotta go hunt for one now. i don't know about least favorite...if i had to pick, maybe texas?...but i still love it.

- my favorite room in florida is a huge tie between the game console room and the main room (you could probably figure that out from the above paragraph ha) and my least favorite is the upstairs room. the upstairs room is very relaxing, especially with the music and dim lights, but idk, i guess i don't understand it
- my favorite room in new york is the bar downstairs!! super cute. love the cakes. my least favorite is the construction - although, i don't think i'd get rid of it/change it, since it is very fitting (and i love the music in it!) i guess for me it's just personal taste.
-my favorite room in texas is the spaceship room! i love how everything looks like it's glowing, and i really like how the room is dim and everything just fits together so well ahh. also love that music! my least favorite is the street fair room. i think it's a really fun idea, and it's cute (especially the teacups!) but i guess i just find something about the room dull? also, love the monarch butterfly in the main room (i'm guessing because of migration?) cute detail!
-my favorite room in california is the taco restaurant going on in the back! fun music, and i love food! my least favorite would probably be the shop in the east room. by the way, i love the exterior house design for california! i also think california's rooms have a lot of detail and are really fun to look around!

i love how your town's paths fit with the name, moonglow. the paths really do look like they're glowing, and they really stand out in the evening! i love how your paths switch color schemes depending on which part of town you're in, too. typically i prefer "natural paths" or i guess cobblestone/bricks and such, but i really like how yours fit the town. i loooove the blue and purple path - the light blue led lining stands out, and the blue/purple paths look fantastic next to the jade tiles! beautiful illuminated arch and fountain.
i love the tulips around town! must have taken a lot of effort to get all those hybrids, too. love the variety of fruits as well, love the area with all the perfect apples and orange/black tulips. beautiful!
i also love your villagers aaaah!! all the penguins must be super fun to have around. this part is a bit biased haha but flo!! my baby, i love her she's my favorite! must have taken a lot of time to collect them all and get their homes in such perfect spots and alignment.

not sure if you've hit your pwp limit already (or if no villager has suggested this yet) but, some more illuminated stuff would be great to see! i think illuminated pwps would fit perfectly in, and really enhance the town! i see you've got lamp posts around town though, which is very nice!
also, uh i'm probably gonna sound like i'm contradicting myself by saying this ha but i'm not a huge fan of the magenta/pink path? this is personal taste though so do whatever you'd like

overall i'd say 90%!! i really appreciate how you've put a lot of thought and work into this town. i love looking at non-hacked towns (assuming it's nonhacked) because i like seeing what people can acheive on their own! (not that i have anything against hacked towns, theyre great too!) thank you for sharing!

Last edited:
I don't own any hacking devices, and I got nothing through hacking. But I can say this much: All of my villagers are amiibo invite villagers, and most of the items I got either were ordered/transferred from StarFall or were given by other players. No items were hacked either. The only "cheat" I used besides picking items up from StarFall is time traveling, which is why I got it done in three months. Other than that, I didn't break the game.

I could place more illuminated PWPs like I did with StarFall, but if the map were larger and the PWP limit was higher, that would be a reality. You should check out my Idea Book and see what PWP ideas I have.

Last edited:
My favourite was the New York house, I think each room captures a different scene very well. My least favourite was the Texas room.

Favourite rooms:
New York - A tie between the camping ground and construction site
Texas - The futuristic room!
California - The downstairs concert hall!
Florida - The back room!

Least favourite rooms:
New York - The apartment
Texas - The fair room
California - The bedroom upstairs
Florida - The left room, it was a little plain for my liking.

The layout is really good and looks very professional, also the colour scheme of the flowers works very well. However, some areas seem a bit empty, I would suggest maybe adding a few more flowers to brighten them up a little. Additionally, in the back room of the Texas themed house, the music coming from the fairground ride clashes with the music on the stereo a little in my opinion.

I would give your town a solid 90%!

Bumping for more criticism. Apples love visitors too.

1. My favourite house is Florida. I liked all the rooms in it. My least favourite would have to be New York. I know it's autumn, but when I entered I was a bit confused.

2. I have bad memory so I can't remember....but some of my favourite rooms were the Nintendo room, the little cafes in some of the houses, the surfing/beach room in the Florida one, and the office room in the New York house. I don't exactly have a least favourite, but again I can't really remember.

3. Strengths would have to be the houses, and the pwp placement with the landscaping around them. I think it was really well done. The villager house placement was excellent, too. Must of done lots of plot resetting, hm?

4. The thing I disliked about your town the most was the outside. I feel like it was quite boring and plain compared to the houses. Something I would recommend is decorating the outside of the houses to match the theme of the houses. Like making the outside of the Florida house look like Florida with paths and flowers. Maybe even leave an outfit for dream visitors to wear before they enter the house. Some pwps that relate to the state would be nice, too. I know that it does seem like quite some work, but it would make your town a whole lot better.
Also, the penguins kinda confuse me. It's fall, how come there's so many penguins? I think deers and squirrels would make more sense.

5. I'd say 75-80%. Good job! I can see that you worked very hard on this town.

Thanks for the review.

Based on five grades so far, my average Dream Town grade is 87.5%. It may not be the best town, but it's the best town I ever made.

One flaw with StarFall that I didn't have in MoonGlow is that my characters have repeated character designs. But in MoonGlow, they all have different faces, different hairstyles, and different outfits.

Alright I just visited your town and I have to say over all I give it a 80% just because some things are personally not what I like, and that's totally okay. I think the thing I had the most problems with is the busy patterns as the walkways. I am not a fan of those, but I really enjoyed all of the homes! I don't think I could pick one that I didn't like. I think my favorite would have to be Texas. I really liked your first room with the old western theme. It was perfect. My least favorite house... Well I don't think I could pick one. I think that would be unfair as I enjoyed all of them. Your town strengths, as much as I did not like the pathway design, the way they are set up is just beautiful! Perfect lines, you can definitely tell you took a lot of time plotting them out. I also really loved the Cafe plaza. All in all, really enjoyed my visit! Sorry for the short-ish review.

I would give 65%. I can tell quite a bit of work went into your town for sure. Naturally a lot is just subjective because it comes down to personal taste and personal knowledge. I didn't really care for the path designs outside. That said, they were all nicely placed except maybe in a few areas where there could have been some adjustments which others already mentioned. The paths around the event plaza weren't symmetrical which is more of a pet peeve than anything for me. Likewise, part of the path getting cut into by houses bugs me a bit. Overall, I think between the time and between the season exploring felt a little bland. Some areas had some really beautiful landscaping especially around your pwps. However, some seemed more thrown together in terms of flowers. So, some more attention to maybe flower arrangements or bushes would probably be nice. I really enjoyed the campsite landscaping although I would add more to it to fill maybe with clovers or mushrooms.
Overall, for what I know about the states you have and for what I know about them from friends that live there, most of the houses seemed inconsistent for what I have knowledge of. Some of them rang a bell (texas, cali) and some kind of were not specific enough (ny) to really call out to me. I really enjoyed the gaming room you had though and the main western room for texas. Some of the rooms seemed off with wallpaper (the office in ny would have seemed more appropriate with skyscraper wall to me, the surf board room would have been better with the ocean wall which ended up in the sun room). Some of the houses had repetition to certain activities which, while could be true for both states, I think is a waste of potential for maybe another feature to highlight that's unique. Some of the pwps seemed staged less with ideal context and maybe would be better suited with more design to emphasis why they are there or moved to somewhere more convenient. I enjoyed all the trees but some of the locations seemed like they could have had better potential like oranges being around florida house (they were downwards not far but something I would have changed personally). Overall, for just 3 months of work, you accomplished a lot and it's impressive to see all the work. Likewise, there's clearly context for you or less known aspects that you have knowledge of which you town centers on. At the end of the day, that's all that matters because your town should be a testament to you but I just don't know that, without having to read a lot of notes, it would stand out to me theme wise with no help. I think with more time as well and more individual focus, your town can get so much more detailed and more unique in each section and each house. Then I think the theme will become more apparent for most that dream of it. Right now, a lot just feels rushed or hard to grasp without being the creator.

Last edited:
Back