• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I time traveled for the first time. Help.

Pancake225

Bells
Hey everyone.
I feel super mad right now since Teddy is living 2 feets away from my home (I've already mentioned this in another thread) and 5 villagers are centred around town hall. My town lay out is perfect but my villagers RUINED it.
so I TTED 30 years.
Unfortunately NONE of my villagers moved OUT. Instead 2 more villagers are now living around town hall (7 in total)

I hate my villagers. They look creepy. and Iam deciding to restart/demolish my map.

My map feels empty and space-EY since my villagers are centred around the stupid TH. seriously are they trying to kill Isabelle?. lol.
I need your help. How can I prevent those stupid villagers from centering in specific places? I want a fresh start with a good planing.

Thanks. : )

Last edited:
You'll need to plot reset using patterns to block the places you don't want the villagers to move in. It's still possible to work around with your current town without resetting, since you'll have almost the same level of work, and it'll take a lot of time travelling, but it's possible to get everyone out, one by one, and plot reset the new ones that will come.

I suggest just letting the map flow.
Plot resetting takes way too much work, And it usually never works unless you cover the ENTIRE map.
Here is a link on how to get rid of Villagers quickly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jIuEm8Bq9I
The entire process should be explained in this video, I hope this helps!
I had a hard time resetting my 4 year old town. It usually depends on you.
Hey, if your villagers are ugly, and they're centering around the TH (Rip Isabelle) then go for it!

Omg spam .-.

Last edited:
what caramel said, you need to cover your entire town with patterns so that there are no 3x3 plots (which is actually 5x5 when you're laying down patterns) anywhere except where you want your villager's houses to be. it's a lot of work and will take you a couple hours, but if you really want that geometric house placement then its the way to go.

This is how my TH Looks like.

g4434.jpg

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thank you guys for your helpful tips! :blush:

Last edited:
^ ouch

you could either try getting your current villagers out the old fashioned way by TTing see video here

or if you have amiibo cards, you can scan them through wisp and choose to delete an existing character that you have to move the one you scanned in (I think the spot that they choose to plot their house is random, so its not guaranteed they'll plot in the same space your old villager used to be)

Ok guys! I just placed patterns almost all over my town. I have a quick question
Can villagers place their homes on a spot where there's a tree there?
Thanks!

Yes, they can, but if you put paths all over your town, only leaving a spare 3x3 space, I'm almost certain that they'll put their house in that plot of land. It happens for me, all the time, that is.

Back