• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Most Aggravating Games ever?

Haydenv019

もらにふぇ て&
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
6697-9614-1784
森
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Have you ever had one of those moments where you can never pass this one level?
Or in online/multiplayer, people destroy you then taunt you for losing, to the point where you just can't play the game for the rest of the day.

Many stories would be appreciated! I'll start.

Im using an Ipad atm, and I play this one mobile game called "Clash Royale" (Yes, THE most aggravating games of all time)

Not only do you get easily destroyed without the right decks, people internationally laugh at you for no apparent reason besides your loss. I easily get depressed, but it makes me want to jump back in the day later in hopes of winning... ;-;

pokemon ranger: shadows of almia, i think it's called. could NOT get past the damn rampardos, and if you lost, you'd be sent right back to the beginning of the game. there was literally no way to catch it in my eyes, every time you even circled it it'd use the rock move and break your stylus, and it was always using it. and it'd keep using its moves until the bar went back down, making it impossible to catch it. so dumb.

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone on PS1.
Trying to do Madame Hooch's bloody hoop thing on the broom drove me insane

Super Smash Bros. ��������

pokemon ranger: shadows of almia, i think it's called. could NOT get past the damn rampardos, and if you lost, you'd be sent right back to the beginning of the game. there was literally no way to catch it in my eyes, every time you even circled it it'd use the rock move and break your stylus, and it was always using it. and it'd keep using its moves until the bar went back down, making it impossible to catch it. so dumb.

I can relate. Them Rampardos were a pain in the ass to beat. Other than that, I would say Heatran and Drapion were a joke as well.

Last edited:
In 2015 I downloaded GTA:SA on my iPad. I had a ton of fun playing it, until May 2016 when I got stuck on flight school circle and land. I was doing everything right, but the plane wouldn't take off the ground. It would fly low to the ground and then crash. And if I did manage to take off, I couldn't land so I kept failing the mission. I was stuck on this level for over a year, before I just gave up and deleted the app. I haven't touched it since, and I'm kind of angry because that game was a ton of fun and I'll never get to finish it.

now that you mention it.... Luigis Mansion on GameCube lmao
I was on the very last mission and tried soo many times but couldn't finish it ;c so I just rage quit. This was probably 2 years ago

A friend gifted me Black Desert Online.

Within about the first 5/10 minutes of it, whilst I still had no clue whatsoever what I was doing, another player challenged me to a duel and I thought "sure, why not". It became quickly apparent I knew nothing on how to play, so I stood still and let him kill me to get it over with...Only to have the guy stalk me and mock me for a while, and continued doing it again when he saw me in a nearby town...Apparently even when you lose a duel, they can still attack you anyway, which also didn't help.

All I really knew is that he had a horse, so he must have put 'SOME' time into the game...Yet he was so hyped over beating somebody who literally didn't even know how to open their inventory screen.

That's kind of the thing that irritated me the most. Not that I lost, but that I was reminded that people like that exist.

A friend gifted me Black Desert Online.

Within about the first 5/10 minutes of it, whilst I still had no clue whatsoever what I was doing, another player challenged me to a duel and I thought "sure, why not". It became quickly apparent I knew nothing on how to play, so I stood still and let him kill me to get it over with...Only to have the guy stalk me and mock me for a while, and continued doing it again when he saw me in a nearby town...Apparently even when you lose a duel, they can still attack you anyway, which also didn't help.

All I really knew is that he had a horse, so he must have put 'SOME' time into the game...Yet he was so hyped over beating somebody who literally didn't even know how to open their inventory screen.

That's kind of the thing that irritated me the most. Not that I lost, but that I was reminded that people like that exist.

Omg, I hate those type of people who stalk and mock you until you rage.
Bunch of people who have nothing but time to kill for their own entertainment -_-

I'm pretty mediocre at games so I have these moments often. I could never get past the old arcade game in Donkey Kong 64, nor could I beat the second beetle race. I also could never beat the second octopus race in Diddy Kony Racing, so I think those old Rare games were out to get me.

Tetris! Nothing is worse than misplacing one block and having to recover from it!

Late-game Hyperdevotion Noire. The last levels where you have to divide your team and you couldn't use the same character twice on one stage. Like.. bruh unless you grinded to like level 99 it was pretty impossible even on easy.

super monkey ball 2 separates the weak from the strong. that's all im going to say

super monkey ball 2 separates the weak from the strong. that's all im going to say

Omg, I used to play Super Monkey Ball 2 all the time.

I thought of the game as fun, actually. I turned out to be pretty good at it.

As a teenager, the rather convoluted boss of the final set of microgames from WarioWare: Twisted threw me off the loop, which is called Wario de Mambo.

In this one, you have to tilt your GBA to the direction the ladies are pointing. Actually, scratch that. You really have to memorize the moves ladies do and follow the rhythm they're aiming with perfection, which is far more complex than pretty much every other boss stage. Otherwise, you'll lose and have to retry this microgame again. What's even more irritating is that the game gave me mixed signals on what it really about, and even the easiest difficulty lasts for quite a long while when compared to the other boss microgames. For a poor chap who never properly played a rhythm-based game before, the difficulty felt like being thrown straight into a brick wall without any prior warning.

That microgame alone is the reason I never properly beat WarioWare: Twisted a single time. Throwing a boss stage of an average Rhythm Heaven level of complexity on a game with simple and intuitive microgames is outright bad game design for me. Now that I'm older, I could probably complete the easy difficulty of that one microgame with a few attempts, but I still don't feel like doing so.

Last edited:
Ninja Gaiden for the original Xbox comes to mind.

That Riku fight in Kingdom Hearts 1 is super troublesome, especially since you can't skip the cutscene.

Fighting Russell in Bully is always a pain. Even though I know what I'm supposed to do I always have to do it over several times. Not to mention all those bike races...

Last edited:
Outlast. I hate horror games, and I hate games where you can't even fight back. Literally stuck on the first level.

One name. Gargantuan also REEIZOOOORO I manage to get to flawless begining but I cannot beat that last part the worst part is it takes forever to get to the next part of the round and there's no skipping!

Back