• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Elusive Fish

Cheremtasy

Lost in the memories
Bells
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Lily
White Lily
I'm honestly convinced that the char doesn't exist at this point, I've searched for hours (and still am) and I'm just, yeah no it doesn't exist lol. It's supposed to be fairly common too so I'm just like??? Why game, why.
Also trying to hunt for the King Salmon at the same time with no luck too. :')

What fish took you forever to catch? Are there still ones you're trying to find like me? Also if ya'll have any tips to give me, feel free to share because I'm at a loss.

The char and king salmon are found near the ocean waterfall, I think. I haven't found the king salmon, as I haven't played in september, but the char wasn't that difficult.

I suggest dong some ocean fishing for a while, and check every now and then near the beach waterfall.

The char and king salmon are found near the ocean waterfall, I think. I haven't found the king salmon, as I haven't played in september, but the char wasn't that difficult.

I suggest dong some ocean fishing for a while, and check every now and then near the beach waterfall.

Yeah, they are haha. I'm playing in september right now since they both appear during that time apparently. (Yesterday I tried for the char in march for hours with no luck). And today, all I've caught are a bunch of regular salmon. :')

I STILL can't find the catfish.
One of the hardest, tbh. I look at the lake next to the waterfall nearly everyday, and there isnt a single fish there. I look up guides and time travel so it appears, IT STILL DOESNT!

I STILL can't find the catfish.
One of the hardest, tbh. I look at the lake next to the waterfall nearly everyday, and there isnt a single fish there. I look up guides and time travel so it appears, IT STILL DOESNT!

Ah jeez, really? That sucks,, it seems some of the most common fish are the most elusive haha. Good luck catching one!

The king salmon was the last fish I caught- took me 2 years to find ^^; I was like:

WVW69jmC8jMb6IlmPe

I think I finally found it after diving for a little while :)

I FeEl YoUR PaIN

I never remember having any trouble in the waterfall this time round, drop off the little cliff and they come. I think the last fish I got in New Leaf was the Giant Snakehead. In the pond, not usually that hard and I kept finding them but I was acting like a major choke artist. Everytime I saw the right shadow size in the pond, I would get it to nibble and blow it. I'm talking 10 or more times of finding it and screwing up. Got right it my head it did.

Chars are about the size as a red snapper/dab, salmons are about the size of an olive flounder/football fish, and king salmons are about the size of a sea bass.

I didn't have much trouble getting any of the ocean waterfall fish. I guess I got really lucky because it seems like a lot of people are struggling with/ have struggled with them. Just keep on keeping on!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I had trouble with the Arapaima. Every time I would pull up a big shadow, it would be a dorado. I think I made at least 500k bells looking for one.

I remember I did have a lot of trouble finding a char as well as a king salmon. They will eventually come though, patience is key. I remember the saddled bichir actually took me like 3 hours to find in one sitting, lol. When I finally got it I was ecstatic. I was there once!

The king salmon was the last fish I caught- took me 2 years to find ^^; I was like:

WVW69jmC8jMb6IlmPe

I think I finally found it after diving for a little while :)

OMG that screenshot had me cackling,, at least you finally found it but damn,, that fish is elusive

- - - Post Merge - - -

I remember I did have a lot of trouble finding a char as well as a king salmon. They will eventually come though, patience is key. I remember the saddled bichir actually took me like 3 hours to find in one sitting, lol. When I finally got it I was ecstatic. I was there once!

I have a certain amount of patience, but part of me just wants to give up l-lol. All I never see and catch are the normal salmon and I'm just, excuse me where is your king
Oh man though haha that's a long time, but at least you were finally able to get it!

Back