Blue Hybrid Violet
Purple Violet
Red Pansy
White Violet
Famous Mushroom
Spring Shamrock
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
So I'm on Tortimer Island.
Being anti-social and hiding in the far corner of the bay.
Eavesdropping on conversations and being generally ignored.
Oh! They're gone! Quick! Start a tour so no one else can come! Now it's it's all mine!
Yes, If I'm going to do that, I should might as well stay on my island.
But monopolizing small islands gives my glee.

I think the worse part is knowing everyone look at each others tpc's in the first few seconds of arriving.
"Oh, who's this?"
It's the animal crossing equivalent of accidentally enter the mall through the food court and 200 people turn to look at you.
Except you're doing it on purpose.

I feel your pain. I have severe social anxiety and being around other people is really hard for me. For a long time, I was even afraid to post on social media and I even have a hard time posting here on the forums sometimes. Personally, I don't think I could ever bring myself to visit Club Tortimer, especially after all the horrors I've heard about people getting their stuff stolen.

Man, I have never checked someone's TPC. If I use my wireless connection to get to the island I either say hello and invite them on a tour or catch some bugs and get annoyed by people coming and going and wasting my time. I didn't even know you could check other people's TPC. I never thought other people would care so much, you do your own thing, I do my own thing. Unless we agree otherwise. I can't even think of many times I've ran into purposefully rude people, not all have been great but no-one outright awful.

I love club tortimer! Especially trolling the people that don't speak english, it's fun. I give goodies out and talk with lots of people there. Not sure why you find anxiety, but I guess we're all different.

Last edited:
I check the TPC almost immediately whenever I go into an island lobby. Just so I can see if there are any members on or not. I'd look pretty silly giving out greetings when nobody was around.

You shouldn't be so anxious about joining in on CT with others. If you don't have any desire to do so, that's fine...but if you want to just go for it. It's not like you'll probably ever see those people again. I did island visits pretty frequently (not so much in the past few months) but I rarely ever ran into the same person.

I'm not anxious about going there really, it's more of my anti-socialness bubbling up.
I'm mostly go in hopes of finding a hacker to give me stuff, lol.

I feel your pain. I have severe social anxiety and being around other people is really hard for me. For a long time, I was even afraid to post on social media and I even have a hard time posting here on the forums sometimes. Personally, I don't think I could ever bring myself to visit Club Tortimer, especially after all the horrors I've heard about people getting their stuff stolen.

I REALLY feel your pain, my opinion is very similar. I think I tried Club Tortimer just once.

I tried it back when I had my old town a few years ago. Got pestered for my items and money by v.young players (assuming) and then realized I had no interest in spending time on CT. In my new town/save I haven't even bothered saving up medals for it.

I struggle with communication on ds because I'm not really fast at typing and stuff and it makes me anxious which probably partially fuels my dislike for CT.

I relate to this so much especially since yoy never really know who is behind that 3DS, it could be anyone. And I HAAATE when you know that people are looking at your TPC, it gives me a lot of anxiety lol. It's really awkward

This is so me, i've joined islands where there's already 3 people there having a conversation and I'm too shy to join in or converse with them

I used to go to Club Tortimer for the exclusive items, but I was anti-social in the sense I wanted to buy and move on, rather than do tours. I wasn't liked much - I was errored several times, losing medals, items & time.
Either that or I was blocked from leaving (they open their inventory, I get the message choppy seas). This partly dealt with in the WA update, but haven't gone to see how well it would work. (click a logo at bottom of screen?)
Haven't been since - oh coming up 3 years.

With so many new items since the update, CT exclusives don't seem to matter so much, I've let it go, doubt I'll go back.
Can't seem to cope with it, heart beat goes up & I get really nervous.
I kept to my own region, would go around 2 - 3am and yet I still got other players on there wanting to do tours/getting annoyed with me.

I'm not at all keen on some of the recent threads I've read on various boards about hacked items being dropped on the island, I've not read of any harm from them. But would def not pick up.
Also read about unfillable holes and that they can be dug on the island - given you could error/power off/move away from router/turn router off, I can't see they can make much impact. Still would prefer not to encounter.

The worst part of the island for me is people begging for stuff. Bells, crowns, you name it. Then, they try to make you feel guilty when you say no. Another issue is random people asking to be friends with you and wanting to come over to your town. If said people made their town pretty recently, there's always a chance that they only want to come over because you seem like a person who has lots of valuable resources, like hybrids and rare items, that are worth stealing. The chance of this is higher if they already begged you for stuff. My friend had this very problem. She met two girls on the island who asked her for Bells. She obliged, and let them come over when they asked. Well, one girl distracted her while the other stole hybrids, mushrooms, and other valuable items and cut down her trees. Luckily my friend got her stuff back, but she was a lot more wary of the island after that.

Back