• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia Mystic Messenger Mafia [Endgame]

GG all, this was super fun. Didn't live long enough to see the end of my minigame -_-

Yeah this was townsided and maf needs to start developing better strats in the event of mass claims (or be given good safeclaims...hinthint) but overall I had a good time. Thank you Kat for hosting this!!

The only tried and true strategy (or well, "strategy" that I've seen) for defeating mass claims as scum is fakeclaiming and infiltrating town circles super hard. This often requires bussing (sometimes entire teams), basically making playing as scum feast or famine. Mass claims create a super fast PoE situation (we went from Zendel and Heyden nulltown to hardclearing two more people plus lynching a scum off that in like...4 hours in a 48 hour cycle? Could've hardcleared myself but I didn't want to make myself a target b/c cop is always high value no matter what setup (well I guess not dethy, actually)), so staying in the shadows doesn't really work well for long especially since I was cop and was running down the list super fast (Oliver was just hard to sort, Kit and Byngo were pretty high value for PoE though). Giving people flavor names that aren't being used is a start, but in reality there's very little what you can do when town goes "Ok role?" and you just go "Well ****."

I have my thoughts on how to rectify this, but given how we're sort of in startup mode and we already have multiple people calling it quits for now, I'm not really inclined to share them.

But I haven't played in three years, so maybe you're better off not listening to me. I don't know.

Last edited:
But I haven't played in three years, so maybe you're better off not listening to me. I don't know.

Why do you keep saying stuff like this?

I can't tell if you're trying to be funny or if you have serious issues of self-doubt... hope you're okay.

Why do you keep saying stuff like this?

I can't tell if you're trying to be funny or if you have serious issues of self-doubt... hope you're okay.

I'm fine. I don't have self doubt issues, thanks for your concern though. :)

Yes!!! It was a lot of fun, thank you for asking :D

I might not play another game for maybe like a week, though, because it's my first time at college... wouldn't mind being an observer, though. :)

that was a joke btw

tho for real, complete refusal to consider meta is just as close minded as heavy reliance on it

I guess. I feel like meta is a tool to check rather than create reads and I feel like people get those two mixed up.

Back