• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Town name help please

Kristenn

Bells
Switch
1517-7342-3324
So I'm redoing my second town and it's going to be a beach themed tropical town!! (kind of ironic that my other town is Seabrook and NOT a beach town lol) But I'm going to list a few ideas and you all can give me other ideas as well :) I appreciate any and all help! :) I love all things ocean/beach/palm trees and just want the perfect little escape town that's my own personal paradise!

-Palm
-Palm Cove
-Palm Breeze
-Seafoam (love this but then both my towns will start will Sea...would that be strange?)
-Coconut
-Tiki
-Sandy Cove
-Shell Cove

Hmm, I often prefer one word town names, how about Paradise? Or a name after pre-existing tropical islands like Malibu?

Hmm, I often prefer one word town names, how about Paradise? Or a name after pre-existing tropical islands like Malibu?

I was definitely thinking of that but wanted something a little more unique that maybe isn't a place in real life because I want it to be more my own than based on a particular place if that makes sense at all?? (esp something really popular like Malibu) Even though my names aren't too unique to begin with lmao. But as for real life places I like Kailua that's located in Hawaii but still not sure how I feel about actual places yet, I'll have to think more about it! :) But thanks so much for your help!

Good luck! Iam so bad at town naming that I literally called my town miitopia. HAHAHAHA. :v

Last edited:
dropping a few more ideas before I head to bed...
- Surfside/Seaside
- Sunset
- The Isle

Last edited:
dropping a few more ideas before I head to bed...
- Surfside/Seaside
- Sunset
- The Isle

I love all of them! Thank you so much for the continued help :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Good luck! Iam so bad at town naming that I literally called my town miitopia. HAHAHAHA. :v

Thank you!! Hahah don't worry I don't find that bad and literally named my first town ever "forks"

Blackpool, Margate, St. Ives, Brighton, Hunstanton and Looe are all nice beach towns, most of which I've been to (and one I remember from Only Fools and Horses.)

What about Tortuga?
It is a real place, but the name was made famous by Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. I feel like its recognizable enough that people would get your theme. Plus, I feel like it'd make sense Tortimer was mayor and he's a turtle.
Other names I like are Cocoa (again, a real place), Palmston, Kairi (Japanese for seashell), and New Bay.

What about Tortuga?
It is a real place, but the name was made famous by Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. I feel like its recognizable enough that people would get your theme. Plus, I feel like it'd make sense Tortimer was mayor and he's a turtle.
Other names I like are Cocoa (again, a real place), Palmston, Kairi (Japanese for seashell), and New Bay.

That's a really good idea and I love the movies :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thank you :)

Out of your suggestions, I like Seafoam and Tiki the best. And no, having both towns start with Sea- isn't weird at all, it makes them seem like they belong to one broader world or something. I also love someone's suggestion for Tortuga. Oceania has a real life precedent, but sounds pretty. Or deities: Scylla? Susanoo?

There are some great suggestions. I love Seafoam and Surfside.

My thoughts would be Tidepool, Cocoa Cove, Tropicoast (see what I did there? ;) ), or Seacliffs.

Out of your suggestions, I like Seafoam and Tiki the best. And no, having both towns start with Sea- isn't weird at all, it makes them seem like they belong to one broader world or something. I also love someone's suggestion for Tortuga. Oceania has a real life precedent, but sounds pretty. Or deities: Scylla? Susanoo?

Ahhhh thank you :)) That's a really good point. Those are beautiful suggestions as well!

- - - Post Merge - - -

There are some great suggestions. I love Seafoam and Surfside.

My thoughts would be Tidepool, Cocoa Cove, Tropicoast (see what I did there? ;) ), or Seacliffs.

I love those! Thank you so much :)

I suggest something like Honeysea or Mapleville as town names, they sound calm and relaxing

Last edited:
Back