• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How long did it take you to find your towns map?

Katelyn

Check out my PWYW Shops~
Bells
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Jack
Lucky
Purple Bat Potion
Lobo
Mint
Coco
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
Isabelle
I'm in the process of restarting my main town and restarting to find the map is literally taking forever. I've been at it for about an hour now and it doesn't look promising. But yea, how long did it take you to find your map? Did you get the one you wanted or did you just give up after a while?

Three days... for a few hours every day. I didn't have a specific map in mind, though. As long as the river didn't look like it took up too much space, and the town hall/Retail/plaza were in ok places, I could probably accept a bunch of different layouts. For me, what was more important was starting off with 5 villagers that I didn't dislike.

I deleted my town yesterday and was resetting for maybe 5 hours or so until I gave up for the night. I picked it back up today and found one that was manageable for me within an hour or so! My biggest disappointment was that the native fruit was oranges, but I was tired of resetting so I stuck with it.

settled with this one, my main gripe was not having more than one pond + a town plaza close to the town hall and train station.

0iEnoTv.jpg

Last edited:
I keep restarting it but then i regret it bc i had dreamies or something i hate where the houses are but I feel like I should hack and use R.A.M editor.. But then again I feel like that is the wrong thing to do. So I guess I should suck it up :c

i have never reset, so i've only had to choose a map once for my main town. i didn't know about map resetting, and i wasn't picky anyway, so i picked one of the initial four maps from rover. so... 1 minute? haha! i picked a pretty good map though tbh!

i know that eventually i'll have to go through the pain of map resetting and i'm praying it won't be too hard! good luck with your resetting!!!

To be exact I sat a timer and it literally took me 3 hours and 32 minutes to find my "Perfect town".

- - - Post Merge - - -

It was really frustrating tbh since I wanted a perfect layout and peaches as a native fruit.

My first town I picked from Rover so it didn't take long at all but as for my second town...... It's been FOREVER. I keep resetting and picking a map and working on my town for about a week or so then keep deleting and starting over because something bothers me too much :( I've restarted my second town 4 times now and still not too happy because I don't like ANY of my villagers/fruit. So might do this again lol even though I've already started working on the town

I can't remember how long it took for my main town but for my second town, it took somewhere between 3-7 days. I wasn't doing it constantly though, I'd usually spend an hour or so map resetting then giving up and trying again the next day.

I didn't reset very much, it was in the first few towns. My main gripe is the native fruit is oranges, but besides that, I love my map.

For my first town, I chose one of the four default layouts in front of me - much like most novices who start out.

My second town, I reset after seeing the 1st four layouts, then settled after seeing a good one in the next ones.

My my recent town (#3), I resetted 2 times - one from seeing bad layouts, the second from seeing my least favorite villager in the layout. The 3rd time I finally settled - and the layout has been so good that I am 203 days into my town, and will never reset it!

I deleted my town yesterday and was resetting for maybe 5 hours or so until I gave up for the night. I picked it back up today and found one that was manageable for me within an hour or so! My biggest disappointment was that the native fruit was oranges, but I was tired of resetting so I stuck with it.

settled with this one, my main gripe was not having more than one pond + a town plaza close to the town hall and train station.

Wow! That's a great layout. I LOVE how the plaza is in the middle.

When I recently reset my town less than a week ago, I was preparing to restart for quite a while to find my town map, but the very first map Rover showed me I had a really good feeling about. Seriously, the FIRST map he showed me. I picked it and I don't regret it at all. I LOVE this map.

I got super lucky, cause I was seriously expecting to reset for at least an hour because of how picky I am, but I didn't have to reset at all! :p

tumblr_ou1irsyWyy1u9wrmbo1_540.png

I recently reset my town, and I had found the perfect map but the town fruit were pears... So I continued resetting. I don't really like my current map, and so I might end up resetting again.

I can't even remember tbh,, my town is over 4 years old, but I'm pretty sure it didn't take that long? If I recall correctly, I believe I was looking for a map where the river wasn't so long and twisty, and for the native fruit to be either cherries or peaches haha.

My current map is my only map. I didn't really have any criteria when I picked it but it turns out there are things I do look for now (town hall and retail being close to the station and close to each other, relatively straight river). I'm not really picky with maps or fruits or anything so I wouldn't ever reset my town.

It took me a little over 20 minutes.
This is my current town layout (after resetting)
P_20170804_231957_HL.jpg
I'm not completely satisfied with it, but it'll do!
My station has the color green, which is good
My native fruit is peaches, which is definitely a good sign
Idk about any more benefits besides looking a bit nicer than the other ones I've seen :3

i have the worst layout EVER at the moment, hoping to reset soon. The river makes everything tricky, and re-tail is wayy out of the way of everything. i didn't know about the plot-reset trick, so all my villagers are everywhere. its a mess >: (

i have the worst layout EVER at the moment, hoping to reset soon. The river makes everything tricky, and re-tail is wayy out of the way of everything. i didn't know about the plot-reset trick, so all my villagers are everywhere. its a mess >: (

I have 3 ponds, which sucks.
I still don't know how to plot reset, so both my dreamies ATM are at a (manageable) place right now. I still can't accommodate for that lousy space that makes villagers move in regardless!

Last edited:
I have 3 ponds, which sucks.
I still don't know how to plot reset, so both my dreamies ATM are at a (manageable) place right now. I still can't accommodate for that lousy space that makes villagers move in regardless!

I think ponds are pretty great, as long as they arent in the way! its an easy place to make something look good - i usually look at pinterest for ideas with my ponds because i have no creativity :p

as for the plot-reset trick, its hard to explain but there are many helpful youtube tutorials! i highly recommend you check one out if youre planning on having anyone move in soon

Back