• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How long did it take you to find your towns map?

My first and only map was the first that I picked up! The river isn't soo large and it divide the town in vertical, with the big part of the town that is almost finished and the little part of the town where is my home, it's really cute for me, also re-tail and the hall are in the center andh the native fruit is oranges! :)

Tinytree was one of the first 4 maps I think. My newest town Borei I was map resetting on and off for 2 hours while multitasking.

I was actually pretty lucky to get a map I wanted within the first round of map options for the town I have now! I knew I wanted either apples or pears for my fruit, and all the facilities (station, plaza, hall) to be close to each other, and for the river to split the town into mostly equal-sized parts unlike some that squash everything down in one corner and have masses of space elsewhere. I wanted a red or green train station, and I got green. The map even has triangle grass, which is my favourite even tho I wouldn't have cared much if it was anything else. The only thing I wish could be different is the beach being west-facing and not east-facing, but I can live with it.

However, the town I had previously took me forever to find a good map. I wanted specifically cherries for the fruit, a red train station, a very central plaza... I think I was looking for too many specifics and just eventually gave up and relaxed my standards a little. I still wasn't brilliantly happy with the map, but that's not why I eventually reset that town.

Last edited:
I got super lucky. All four of my maps when I restarted- Wish I could transefer the rest to you lol
Town Hall near the train station, Retail in the middle (easy for island), and Town Square not too far from the middle. And can we take a second, to bless the placement of my houses??? If somebody tells me how to get and attach an image, I will try to.

Last edited:
It took me around 4 hours to get my perfect town layout, but it really is perfect as far as I am concerned!! I didn't care about the initial villagers or the fruit or anything else, just stuff that I couldn't change later such as the position of the plaza, town hall and river. It is the first time in the maybe 4 towns I've had across my New Leaf playing experience that I've been 100% happy with the layout, so I think it was worth the investment.

Mines okay-ish..... but I don't really mind lol. I could always hack it but I'm so lazy, my sister tells me to fix up the town because of the layout/landscape.

It took me about 2 days, not constantly reseting, to find Westwind for me.

It took me 4 days to find Westport, constantly reseting almost all day.
Westport was a funny one, because I originally settled for a map after almost going insane.
I had Wolfgang move into a horrendous spot and thought "nah, time to reset again".
It only took me 5 minutes after reseting again to find a good town which I like way better haha!

Only a couple of seconds. I don't plan out my town as much as I probably should.

For my first "real" map, back when I was terribly idealistic about the game, I spent probably 5 or more hours looking for a map with an S-shape river running South and cutting off a small portion of land, and also a wetsuit-exclusive section of beach above which I could plot my house. It also had a centered town tree/plaza and Retail near the beach. I erased that town after 3 weeks.

For my current town, I wanted a less... perfect map, something with a bit more uniqueness to it. I found one I liked after less than an hour I think. I had to run literally around the edge of the map to get to my town hall every time until I could another bridge. :p

I map resetted for a couple hours! wasn't looking for anything specific really, just a nice layout c: it amazes me how some people have enough patience to reset for days ahaha

I don't even remember since I got my game at launch and haven't reset my town since I picked it the first day. I probably just chose one of the first four maps, but I don't know that for sure. I'm positive I wouldn't have spent more than an hour. I'm too impatient for that. I do remember that one of the only things that was initially important to me in a map was that Re-Tail was super close to the dock and I got that. I really do like the map I have now quite a lot. The only thing I don't like is that I chose the modern police station way back when. I've since decided I want a more forest-y town, but I can't change the station. Boo!

Last edited:
When I was looking for a perfect map for Powtown for me I took pictures of each 'WELCOME!' Greeting I got when I thought a map Rover gave me would be worth checking out (Which was like 90% of the time). In total I took 52 pictures, so it probably took me around 60 resets to get a map I was happy with. I don't remember how much time it took but it was a while lol. I ended up taking a break and having it take two days. For my first town, Clavicus, I think I just chose the one I liked best out of the 4 first options. But I ended up with a nice map there too :).

I'm not too picky with my map, to be honest. I just want something very different from the previous whenever I reset or make another town. 30 minutes to 1 hour maximum, I guess? I don't know but I think it's less than an hour.

I chose my one probably within 30 minutes, I guess I was lucky because I was pretty happy with my map, just didn't really like the fact that I didn't have a large sort of 'blocked off area' as I kinda wanted something like that for a park.
Oh Well :p

Ahhh!!! I'm so happy right now... I recently reset my town again(I reset it a couple of days ago) because I realized that I didn't really like my town map. I decided to look through the town maps thread, and became obsessed with a certain map... the U-shaped rivers with the plaza in the middle. After resetting for 6 hours straight, non stop resetting doing nothing else, I finally got it. Triangle grass(my favourite,) peaches, and vertical ramps, I'm so relieved.

Ahhh!!! I'm so happy right now... I recently reset my town again(I reset it a couple of days ago) because I realized that I didn't really like my town map. I decided to look through the town maps thread, and became obsessed with a certain map... the U-shaped rivers with the plaza in the middle. After resetting for 6 hours straight, non stop resetting doing nothing else, I finally got it. Triangle grass(my favourite,) peaches, and vertical ramps, I'm so relieved.
Thats AMAZING.
U shaped maps are the best. Peaches and apples are my favorites too.
You got lucky. Congratulations.

3 days so far. I'm starting a new town on my new 2ds and can't get the right layout, if it does it has villagers I either already have in my main town or don't want or the native fruit isn't apples.

When I got my game I just used one of the original options given to me and I'm still happy with it, it always surprises me how long people will spend looking for the right map lol

Back