• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

First ACNL StreetPass for me since the update!

HHoney

Fireworks!
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Mother's Day Carnation
Tasty Cake
StreetPass between Animal Crossing New Leaf towns have to have the Welcome Amiibo update in order to connect with one another.

Since the fall 2016 update I had not had any StreetPass for Animal Crossing - but with Nintendo Zones I did get a few regular StreetPass.

According to her town card She created her town in May of 2015.
Her house is petite but I'm pretty sure she recently upgraded to Welcome Amiibo!

Im hopeful that others - you out there! - will start getting StreetPass again for New Leaf.

People are still downloading the update.

Have you gotten any New Leaf StreetPasses since the update?!

I've only ever played New Leaf with the Welcome Amiibo update and where I live in Australia I am yet to get any ACNL Streetpasses and I've been playing since April. I even took my 3DS home to the Gold Coast for my wedding and then up to the top end of QLD for our honeymoon but nada :( I just want to be able to visit Digby and actually have houses to see.. Maybe one day :)

I've had maybe one or two streetpasses for Acnl since the update, which is a big deal because I never get any streetpasses at all here. You could tell one of them had just gotten back into it and was hoarding a ton of new items in their basement :'D I generally don't care much about homes in my showcase though. There's like a 90% chance it's just filled with balloon furniture or fortune cookie items.

I spent all day yesterday driving 2 hours to the airport, 6 shopping and 2 hours back.
When I got home, I went to check to see if I got any tags.
Digby asked me if I wanted to turn Streetpass on.
I almost cried.

Last edited:
Your stories are the reason why I wrote this post.

Since November I brought at least my 3DS or my family members 3DS to get StreetPass.

No Animal Crossing!

None - From November until today. Part of that is because after updating one of the many software updates it somehow turned StreetPass off. I was so upset!

And then before the update I was under the impression that all town members alt characters can get the StreetPass badge.
Nope! FYI the badge goes to whomever has their house as the official house for the StreetPass Plaza.

My alt character had bronze. When I found out that my mayor didn't get the bronze because I posted his house instead - I ... I can't talk about it.

I kept my one town because I was going to get all gold badges someday. StreetPass Gold will so rarely come for most of us.

I wish we would get a home downloaded from Pelly once a month - downloaded into our Plaza. wouldn't that be wonderful?!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I spent all day yesterday driving 2 hours to the airport, 6 shopping and 2 hours back.
I almost cried.

---
I know that feeling. It makes my stomach churn :( I'm so sorry.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've had maybe one or two streetpasses for Acnl since the update, which is a big deal because I never get any streetpasses at all here. You could tell one of them had just gotten back into it and was hoarding a ton of new items in their basement :'D I generally don't care much about homes in my showcase though. There's like a 90% chance it's just filled with balloon furniture or fortune cookie items.

---

Ahh yes, the balloon and fortune cookie house. Very popular design style but is it really design?! Lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've only ever played New Leaf with the Welcome Amiibo update and where I live in Australia I am yet to get any ACNL Streetpasses and I've been playing since April. I even took my 3DS home to the Gold Coast for my wedding and then up to the top end of QLD for our honeymoon but nada :( I just want to be able to visit Digby and actually have houses to see.. Maybe one day :)

I'm so so sorry you didn't get StreetPass after traveling. On your honeymoon no less!

Congratulations on your wedding!!! I hope you had a lovely honeymoon! :blush:

My streetpass plaza is completely full and I have a lot of lovely houses. :) My secret? Anime conventions. I haven't been to one since the update but I will soon and I'll let you know.

Yes, today :D I'm in Japan and wanted to connect with people from here and see what kind of houses they have :p

I almost cried.

Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear that. :(

I only get streetpass tags when I go to my friends house :)
(literally only one of my friends have a 3ds)

I have never gotten any streetpass tags in my years of playing and I don't even have the bronze badge. It baffles me how some people actually have that badge. Not many people have a 3ds around here I guess? ?_?

I'm going to be heading across the state in September to my cousin's wedding and plan to take my 3DS with me. Hopefully I'll get a little more interaction going to more urban areas than I do at home.

I'm going to be heading across the state in September to my cousin's wedding and plan to take my 3DS with me. Hopefully I'll get a little more interaction going to more urban areas than I do at home.

Bonus Tip: Keep your 3DS in sleep mode while you're traveling - I got multiple AC houses at rest stops - and at least one from a car that drove past our car!

Will you report back if you have success? Hope you have a good trip!

Bonus Tip: Keep your 3DS in sleep mode while you're traveling - I got multiple AC houses at rest stops - and at least one from a car that drove past our car!

Will you report back if you have success? Hope you have a good trip!

I'll be sure to keep it in sleep mode. And I will report back on success or failure (hopefully the former!). It won't be until the end of September, though, so it'll be a little while.

I usually get a couple acnl streetpasses a month, either from a friend of mine or when I stop at a McDonald's. I also get them when school starts and I pass by people who also play acnl. The best place for me to get new acnl streetpasses is hotels - for some reason whenever I stay in a hotel, I get TONS of streetpasses and a decent number of new acnl passes as well!

But I don't travel a lot nowadays, so it's been fairly quiet since school went on break for the summer.

I just got my first as well! In fact it's my first Animal Crossing streetpass outside of convention grounds ever! :O Their house was amazing, I loved it. I seriously hope my house and character were up to date... I can't imagine it wasn't though lol! To prevent that from happening I deleted the streetpass data yesterday or so and after thoroughly checking everything was exactly how I wanted it to be at 6 AM I set up streetpass again.

...I really care about interior design okay? XD

If my dad drives us somewhere far, I'll bring my 3ds. Who knows, maybe someone will streetpass me...

Last edited:
only recently (back in mid july) when I went to an anime/gaming convention.

Back