• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I've always wanted a spinoff game like this

Katelyn

Check out my PWYW Shops~
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Jack
Lucky
Purple Bat Potion
Lobo
Mint
Coco
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
Isabelle
I'm sure I'm the only one who would want something like this, but I've always wanted a game where I could just collect ALL of the villagers. It's always aggravated me that I have a limit of characters...I can see the reason behind it but I still don't like it lol.

But idk, I think it would be cool if there was a game where you could just have all of them. Maybe you have to do something specific in your town for a certain character to move in? Or even just build up and spread out your town to where you earn more villager spots? Something along those lines

Last edited:
As in having them wandering through your town and main street (and buildings), even if they weren't living in your town? Because honestly, that would be kind of cool... if somewhat crowded at times.

Oh you mean like some sort of Animal Crossing town builder spin off where you can do certain quests to attract certain villagers and build up the place? Starting with a teensy village and ending up with a large town with shops and all the villagers and things?
With quests I mean something like you need to unlock the clothing shop and breed some pink flowers and then Rosie will move in or something. ^^ I'm not the best at explaining but I think it would make a really neat spin off.

As in having them wandering through your town and main street (and buildings), even if they weren't living in your town? Because honestly, that would be kind of cool... if somewhat crowded at times.

Sort kinda. I was thinking more so like a game where your town sort of evolved and got larger. Like, you start of with a village and end up with a city with departments stores and maybe even an apartment building or two with a neighborhood here and there. I mean, it's probably on a much larger scale than Nintendo would ever consider but I just like games like that lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh you mean like some sort of Animal Crossing town builder spin off where you can do certain quests to attract certain villagers and build up the place? Starting with a teensy village and ending up with a large town with shops and all the villagers and things?
With quests I mean something like you need to unlock the clothing shop and breed some pink flowers and then Rosie will move in or something. ^^ I'm not the best at explaining but I think it would make a really neat spin off.

Yea, exactly like that!

I really love this idea! I'd like to have a permenant building like a hotel, probably the same size as the cafe PWP (that we would be able to customize the inside like in HHD) where visiting villagers can come and go. You'd be able to do special quests for them and get special items or something like that! Or maybe the building isn't in your actual town but in Main Street (that would be significantly bigger). You can find other facilities there, similar to the town in HHD, and again, you'd be able to do tasks for certain villagers. I think this could tie in really well with combining aspects of those two games and adding something more to the "initiatives" we already have. I love how ACNL is super chill and you could just breed flowers or whatever, but it would be a fun concept to explore if there were more "dailies" you could unlock. You could choose to do them or just put them off and do your regular chores if you'd rather! Ugh and I really do wish they introduce some actual gardening aspects to the game where you can grow certain veggies and harvest them... maybe Leif can somehow get involved with it! Wah, the possibilities :p

I have actually always wanted this, like a way to obtain all the villagers. It would make you feel more connected to everyone in the game instead of being able to have only 10 at a time.

i have never particularity liked building games and apps like that, but i'd be willing to give it a go if it's animal crossing! I love all villagers (well, mostly) and i'd love to be able to collect them. Maybe even see houses where Redd, Nook, ect. live too!

I feel like there would be some lag if they went through with it, but I'd really like something like this! Or an animal crossing rpg style game where you collect the villagers as you go along. (save them maybe?)

In Amiibo Festival, there is a plaza where everytime you scan a card or ac amiibo, it adds them to your plaza. That's as close as you're gonna get right now lol

Okay but I totally agree on a game that would allow perhaps not all, but definitely more villagers than usual games. I once had the idea of an ACNL city game (not City Folk, but an actual CITY) that consists on several 'blocks' that are made of a grid, maybe 4 back and 8 along and things can be placed in these spaces, shops, pwps and houses - but these houses are apartment buildings that can house up to 4 or 5 people, each with their own flat - villagers and your characters (because damn it would be cool to live with your fave dreamie) and with this you can get much more villagers into one game. It'll probably never happen, but it would be cool.

It's a really nice idea, I just wish it wouldn't be turned into a mobile game infested with microtransactions (cough simpsons tapped out cough)

Back