Who uses Invisible Mode in the forums?

Do you use Invisible Mode?

• Nah, It's not really helpful.

Votes: 40 55.6%
  • I don't want people to see what I'm doing!

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • I do it just because I can.

Votes: 15 20.8%

• Total voters

Haydenv019

もらにふぇ て&
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
6697-9614-1784
森
May Birthstone (Emerald)
I personally think that Invisible Mode isn't a good idea, since when there's a timed event/trade/etc. you won't have a clue if he/she is online until they personally vm/pm you.

What are your thoughts?

None of those answers really fit my reasoning. I use invisible mode because i tend to leave the computer when my tabs are still open, and i dont want people to think im ignoring them!

Even when tabs are open for me it doesn't say I'm online until I actually refresh the page or do something. I like having it on, and it's a bit stressful when I'm trying to trade with someone and they vanish, then I have no idea how long they've been gone or if they're back (this only applies to instances like that though).

Last edited:
I use invisible mode. I don't want people to see what I'm doing.

Last edited:
I don't use it because I don't see a point to it. Bell Tree will see what you're doing regardless and I don't play Animal Crossing very often anymore, so I never used it honestly.

I do. I don't want people to know I'm online, and seen which forum I'm in. Also, when I do trade, I make set dates/times with the said person. Not much an issue.

I don't. I actually do want people to know when I'm online for trading and stuff. This is definitely the only website that reasoning applies to, though. And also it's the only website I actually log out of before closing the tab, since I don't want anyone thinking I'm available when I'm not actually there. If I want to lurk then I browse the site while logged out.

Personally. I don't think it's very helpful, especially if you are one to do a lot of trading on the forums. People need to see if you are online because usually that means you can also trade unless your looking from your phone etc. But when I go to make trades I look too see if my customer is online and if they are I usually will contact them asap, otherwise I wait until I see that green button next to their name.

Invisible mode is for Satan.

crying because how can i use invisible mode after reading this with my own two eyes

- - - Post Merge - - -

Even when tabs are open for me it doesn't say I'm online until I actually refresh the page or do something. I like having it on, and it's a bit stressful when I'm trying to trade with someone and they vanish, then I have no idea how long they've been gone or if they're back (this only applies to instances like that though).

honestly, i didnt know this i was just afraid anyway. guess i dont need to use invisible mode after all!

i use it, i usually do more lurking than talking, so i dont really like my activity being out in the open. am i online? am i offline? who really knows?

Not me. I'd like to know if I'm available to trade or stuff and the yellow dot you get for yourself on invisible is even uglier than the green lol (not that the green is ugly but still).

I only had invisible when I was on hiatus and only lurking about to find a friend so people wouldn't think I was on all the time lol.

Back