Who uses Invisible Mode in the forums?

Do you use Invisible Mode?

• Nah, It's not really helpful.

Votes: 40 55.6%
  • I don't want people to see what I'm doing!

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • I do it just because I can.

Votes: 15 20.8%

• Total voters
I switch from being visible / invisible

if im not active on the re-tail thread for-awhile and just hanging out in the basement, sometimes i'll put myself on invisible mode because I don't want people to see what i'm doing or expect a fast response from me.

but I think if you're doing trades a lot and constantly keep invisible mode on it's really annoying.... as others have stated you can't tell if they're really online or not.

but I think if you're doing trades a lot and constantly keep invisible mode on it's really annoying.... as others have stated you can't tell if they're really online or not.

Yeah especially if they are in a different timezone and such and they just keep poofing (some online people do this to buy you get the drill) and not keeping in touch with you.

Invisible mode doesn't really do much except hide your name in the thread youre looking at and hide from plain-view your last-activity status on your profile.

But profile visitors can always tab to your Activity to get an idea of when you were last active, so, lol. There's not much of a point. //shrug

Unless it's that bothersome to have a name showing up as a viewer on the bottom of the threads.
I know it annoys me a bit, but it's not enough for me to turn on invisible mode.

Last edited:
I really dislike it, especially when it comes to trades.
About 3 days after an expected trade, the trader didn't show up and I contacted them.
It's hard to see if they want to cut off the trade or if they're just ignoring you.
Also, normally on the Re-Tail forum, I want to do a quick trade with somebody that's online at the moment, it's hard to see that they're on invisible mode.
I don't really understand what it's for in the first place.
So what if somebody could see what thread you're viewing?
What does that do to you?
There are no inappropriate threads in the first place, so why do we need privacy?
There's also no stalkers on this forum..

I lurk all over the place, but I don't think people really care what thread I'm on so I have no reason to be invisible :p

tbh i have p much my entire tbt page on private because of past instances where stuff on it has been used against me (not going into details)
i dont like people knowing who i talk to, whos page ive visited, what times i log on, what im currently looking at, etc

I don't. I don't care if people see me online or not. It doesn't make an impact on whether or not I'll trade or connect with them. I usually only make trade deals when I am there and ready to trade anyway. If not, I'll set up a date and time.

Personally it's more of a 'in the back of my head' thing. I get freaked out if someone pms me or is trying to reach me while I'm busy on any website I use, whether I'm logged in or not! I don't ever want anyone to think I am ignoring them/being rude, even though that's usually not the case. If anything I get "are you okay?" a lot. I don't know, I just tend to jump to the worst conclusions? Though some people here can relate which makes me feel less crazy, haha!

Back