Weirdest place you've ever found a lost item?

Buttlet32

Livin' a Quiet Life
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Mint
I know there is a thread asking whether people hate when their stuff is placed in one spot and found in a different spot, but I'm not sure if there is one like this.

For example the other day I searched the whole house for about an hour checking everywhere in depth twice for my phone. I eventually gave up and went to bed. I woke up the next day and my Mom was standing in the kitchen looking at me with that "You're an idiot" face that your mom gives you when you do something stupid.

I looked at her and she looked back and before I could say anything she said, "Are you missing something?"

I replied with a simple, "Yes."

She handed me my phone and said: "You're lucky it still works."

"Where was it?" I replied cautiously as if my next line could very well be my last.

She replied with annoyance in her voice, " the same place you left it last time and the time before that."

"Oh."

"This is the last time I'm going to say this (at least I hope it is): DON'T LEAVE YOUR PHONE IN THE REFRIGERATOR!!!"

I apparently left it there when feeding the Guinea Pigs.

So now what are some of your stories on the weirdest place you've lost something? It doesn't have to be a phone. It can be anything.

Once this thread dies I'll go through the responses and the person who shares the most intriguing and funny story will receive something. I haven't decided yet. It could be anything, excluding real life currency and real life items, as I believe that is against the rules. It could be all the TBT in my ABD, 2 Million In-Game Bells, the possibilities are about as infinite as the different shades of pink lipstick sold worldwide. There's an infinite amount of different colored lipstick. No exceptions. Do you understand what I'm saying?

Anyway, with all of that out of the way...discuss.

Ok, so I usually sleep with my phone right beside my pillow because I'm a really deep sleeper and I need a loud, close alarm to wake up. Anyways, one night I go to sleep as usual, and then the next morning I find it across my room behind my armchair with the top half of the case broken off (my phone case is a three-part case and the middle rubber part is split in two). Other than that, there was this one time not too long ago where I was looking for my eyeglass screwdriver for ages and finally found it inside of a pencil case

When I was a kid I lost a small toy, I think it was some toy from a happy meal or something like that, and I lost it and was sad, but I was a kid so I got over it and replaced it with something else of course. Well years later when we were going to move my mom found it in our attic space that we only used to store boxes that we didn't ever go up into, like since we had initially moved to that house... It was really weird, and I want to credit it to something supernatural but I bet it was my mom's ex's kid playing a mean prank on me. But the ladder made a loud noise when it got pulled down when it clicked open so I don't know how anybody could have managed to get it open without any of us noticing.

I found my old mp3 player in the piano stool I have in my closet. The stool opens and I forgot it could do that.

I was going up switchbacks in a very dry, scrubby, boulder area and I get to the top, I'm wandering around, taking pictures of this and that, and I hear something in the bushes making clacking noises.
That scares me since the only thing that makes clacking noises are javelinas and they're mean, travel in herds and extremely protective of small ones.
All I have is my staff and pepper spray, it's a good mile down the hill and another to any houses, which may or may not have people since it's not weekender season.
I'm in the middle of hauling myself up the largest boulder in 15 feet, and out walks a duck.
A duck.
A common mallard duck. The clacking was quacking.

There was nothing up there to remotely attract a duck! I have no clue why it was there!

Okay, So a year ago, I was at the Santa Ana zoo in California.
I had my wallet with my school id and some cash, and my phone in my other pocket.
We were walking around the zoo, and while I was standing around, I fished into my pockets.
My wallet wasn't there.
I traced back my steps from where I first walked in from the entrance, But it was nowhere to be found.
A week later, we visited the same zoo.
I was looking at the monkey exhibit and I saw a particular one with a familiar looking object.
It was my wallet, and it looked like it got torn apart.
I almost screamed as I saw it, Then I immediately went to the nearest zoo keeper to get my wallet out of there.
My mom, who was with me, was also suprised but a bit aggravated that I lost my wallet that easily.
Apparently, while I was standing near one of the monkey exhibits, My wallet somehow dropped out of my pocket and the nearest monkey grabbed it.
To this day, I never, ever go near the monkeys. ;(

I need the backstory here.

Yes. The backstory would be very nice. Now I'm curious.

i was on holiday in norway, was doing some filming as my family always makes holiday movies and so placed phone on glacier and did some faraway shots of us having a picnic. what i do when doing these things after getting my shots usually is leave it on livestream on facebook and then the family that isnt on holiday with us can see us doing stuff (i have unlimited data and a solar charg-y case so we good on those fronts).

anyway long story short we leave and drive back 3 hours to the hotel and i realise i've left my phone on the glacier, still live streaming. we go to the stream on facebook and see it's still there, in the same place, now filming an empty glacier and fairly epic sunset. we decide to leave it till the next morning, and so zoom back at 6am-ish (the stream had cut out at about 2am) to find the phone now surrounded by a tiny pool of water (my phone overheats super easily, even on a bloody mountain on literal ice) but okay, despite it's full night sat on a norwegian peak.

so anyway my family from afar got a good shot of a night on a glacier and i got a now broken solar charg-y case so yknow

I was on holiday in Norway, was doing some filming as my family always makes holiday movies and so placed the phone on a glacier and did some far away shots of us having a picnic. what I do when doing these things after getting my shots usually is leave it on Livestream on Facebook and then the family that isn't on holiday with us can see us doing stuff (i have unlimited data and a solar charge-y case so we good on those fronts).

anyway, long story short we leave and drive back 3 hours to the hotel and I realize I've left my phone on the glacier, still live streaming. we go to the stream on Facebook and see it's still there, in the same place, now filming an empty glacier and fairly epic sunset. we decide to leave it till the next morning, and so zoom back at 6am-ish (the stream had cut out at about 2 am) to find the phone now surrounded by a tiny pool of water (my phone overheats super easily, even on a bloody mountain on literal ice) but okay, despite it's full night sat on a Norwegian peak.

so anyway my family from afar got a good shot of a night on a glacier and I got a now broken solar charger-y case so yknow

At least you still have a phone. It could've easily been placed on a glacier that is would be completely melted the next morning. So you've still got that going for you.

Back