If there's an upcoming update for animal crossing NL what would you like to see?

A seperate pocket for tools. It's crazy how there's been six adaptations to Animal Crossing, and there still isn't a separate pocket for tools! I mean we have to have two pockets, right?

I would deffinately want this too! how difficult can it be? Also, the option to give Blatters all the fossils he just reviewed. It is not that big of a haasle now, but it does fructrate be a little everytime I get the damn fossils back.....

We already said something about tool space in a different thread...I think. It would be nice to have an extra clothes/accessory space for carrying tools. Say like a rucksack, toolbelt, or heck why not go super hero biz and make it the Bat belt!

Bring back the CF house markers BUT as a PWP, so you can place up to 10 of them and as soon as you place them the next villager to move in will take the place of the marker.

I have so many suggestions!
First off more items (duh) it's kinda a nobrainer to have some more items like clothes and furniture.
More unreleased or new villagers.
PWP grid placer (Like the happy home designer placer (I NEED THIS, I CAN'T RELY ON ISABELLE TO PLACE MY PWP'S IN A PLACE THATS HORRIBLE!))
More faces and hairstyles.
Separate rooms in basement or attic (like in the living room(mostly want for basement though so I can have a tunnel system))
More minigames!!!
More events!!!
Maybe a new villager personality type to spice things up!
More non amiibo RV's.

Strongly agree with choosing your own skin tone, and some kind of way to make placing pwps and paths easier.

I'd like the option to lock in villagers once you have 10 so you don't have to worry about unexpected move-outs. Probably never going to happen.

I've been talking about this a lot lately, but talking to Isabelle at the town hall about a villager's catchphrase or shirt should actually restore it to their original catchphrase and shirt!

Bring back all the missing villagers is a good one. All of them. Thinking about the selection tool, you have to tap on every single item to select them to sell them or select all your letters individually to be able to delete them. What about a click and drag where you select multiple things at once (like the third PC box option in the newer Pokemon games)? Public works projects should be able to be built next to each other, often hear people complaining they can't put street lights next to benches and such. It doesn't look as good when they have gaps between them. What about as Mayor of the town, you choose where villagers place their houses when they move to town? Just like when you build your house, you walk with Isabelle and say this is where the new villagers should move to. Even more storage space. It is never enough storage space. Extend the normal storage from 6 sections to 9 sections at least then make secret storage even bigger. Bigger. Multiple new upgrades.

Gender neutral personalities/villagers would be nice. I hate to be the tumblr-feminist kind of character here, but it would be awesome to have villagers who don't identify as a male or female, and have 1 or 2 personalities to go with that. Of course, this may never be implemented due to younger players not being able to grasp the concept or perhaps because of countries this game is sold in that don't support that kind of thing.

In addition, being able to make your Mayor/Player gender neutral would be awesome as well. Of course, we're very close to this now, with both boys and girls being able to access all clothes and hair, but "they/them" pronouns from villagers would be so cool for those people who identify as non-binary. :)

Let us move permanent PWP's, More skin tone options and maybe an easier way to get pwp's suggested (maybe help a villager get an expensive fish or big and get a pwp suggested?)

I would love if we could hold more patterns like we can on Happy Home Designer! Also I would like to be able to place furniture outside like a PWP.

i wanna open my inventory while sitting down!! and i wanna toss letters when in my house!! is that really so much to ask??

something random i thought of that would be cute would be maybe having the choice to host little dinner parties at your house for villagers to visit and have fun :3 i also think another slot for tools would be nice, as well as choice of placement regarding the houses of villagers. also for pathways, it's tiring having to randomly place down paths until they get into the right spot. it'd be nicer having it easier to place designs on the ground exactly where you want. :v

I'd like to see more and better upgrades to the house. It's also bugged me that every upgrade is essentially a size increase and nothing more

Town layout choice with small things like where is town hall gonna be where is retail gonna be, town plaza the villagers houses, maybe choose one of the default colours for the train station and maybe an easier way to do designs like a zoom in tool so u can zoom into certain places instead of just like the middle when u do it

wow! Reading all your ideas and suggestions BLEW MY MIND.
Seriously all of the suggestions need to be taken into consideration.

Too bad Nintendo doesn't have a page in their website to submit update ideas for any game... especially Animal Crossing! so much to do!

Too bad Nintendo doesn't have a page in their website to submit update ideas for any game... especially Animal Crossing! so much to do!

pretty sure that it would end up as a ranting/hater page

- when you complain to isabelle about a villager's catchphrase and clothes, they should turn into the villager's default stuff.
- remove tanning and put a tanning bed in shampoodle
- be able to degrade your house
- be able to drop mannequins (surprised that people didn't mention this)
- be able to see rocks on the 4 maps that rover gives you
- be able to put furniture in half spaces (like in HHD)
- the higher the relationship you have with a villager, the less likely they will ask to move.

I only listed the things that they should add in the next UPDATE. I really like the ideas that most people put on here (dinner parties, 2nd pockets, etc.) but they seem like they would be implemented in the next game rather than the next update.

Aside from the ones already mentioned, (not sure if this one has been mentioned yet but here goes...) I think they should add the option to choose which sound effect your patterns will have when you walk over them. I don't know how they would incorporate it as but it would be nice if stone paths sounded like stone... and dirt paths sounded like dirt... feels unrealistic and a bit weird if I'm honest if everything just sounds like you're walking on grass.

For bugs and fish, have a different colour background in your inventory or something to indicate if it hasn't yet been donated to your museum.

Back