If there's an upcoming update for animal crossing NL what would you like to see?

Pancake225

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
The title basically says it all.
The current available update is the "Welcome amiibo"
What are some features you would like to see in future updates / series. ?
Personally I would I LOVE a villager plot editor.

Last edited:
I would like the option to choose the skin tone of my villager! It's pretty annoying to have to use items for this, or basically just one item that does that. It's pretty annoying to need a tan too.

It would also be nice if they introduced an option to grow vegetables to feed us, as well as add the need to use the bathroom and / or bathe once a day.

I remember a ranting discussion exactly like this.

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?426218-Is-it-too-much-to-ask

This is a quote, by the way.

Omg, I feel your pain. It ended up being one of my main reasons to reset my town... But yeah, the devs would have to work extra hard to accomdate for the multiple designs to use for the grid... I actually have this awesome idea.
So, say if there is a design update.
My idea, is that they are going to put a grid in the placement option.
It will show where your character is at, at the middle.
With a 3x3 grid.
AND YOU GET TO PLACE THE DESIGNS YOU WANT INTO THE GRID, AND IT PLACES EVERYTHING AT THE SAME TIME!
someday, Nintendo will use this idea of mine.
Good for making 2x2 pictures and paths In general! Would make life so much easier

I actually think that this idea would be implemented into the game. Would be SO USEFUL

P_20170803_230350_HL.jpg

This is just an example, I apologize if my writing is terrible!

Last edited:
I would like the option to choose the skin tone of my villager! It's pretty annoying to have to use items for this, or basically just one item that does that. It's pretty annoying to need a tan too.

It would also be nice if they introduced an option to grow vegetables to feed us, as well as add the need to use the bathroom and / or bathe once a day.

Yes! Totally.
Iam down for all of this!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I remember a ranting discussion exactly like this.

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?426218-Is-it-too-much-to-ask

This is a quote, by the way.

Omg, I feel your pain. It ended up being one of my main reasons to reset my town... But yeah, the devs would have to work extra hard to accomdate for the multiple designs to use for the grid... I actually have this awesome idea.
So, say if there is a design update.
My idea, is that they are going to put a grid in the placement option.
It will show where your character is at, at the middle.
With a 3x3 grid.
AND YOU GET TO PLACE THE DESIGNS YOU WANT INTO THE GRID, AND IT PLACES EVERYTHING AT THE SAME TIME!
someday, Nintendo will use this idea of mine.
Good for making 2x2 pictures and paths In general! Would make life so much easier

I actually think that this idea would be implemented into the game. Would be SO USEFUL

View attachment 205198

This is just an example, I apologize if my writing is terrible!

F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C Idea.
This would save a lot of time and effort.
Regarding your drawing. Hey that's better than my skills. Haha!

Last edited:
Like on happy home designer CHOOSE YOUR APPEARANCE. Choose one of the default hair colour and eyes and one of the default hairstyles that u can get I RLLY WANNA CHOOOOOOSE OHHH AND TAN AND WHICH DEFAULT CLOTHES YOU WANT :3 BASICALLLYY

A PWP that you can display a furniture item outside. Something like a pedestal or a display stand. Because there's some items I'd think would look great outside (ie, the statues, outdoor furniture, etc)

A seperate pocket for tools. It's crazy how there's been six adaptations to Animal Crossing, and there still isn't a separate pocket for tools! I mean we have to have two pockets, right?

Remove the tanning feature and instead give us a tanning machine in Shampoodle that let's us change our skintone whenever we want. :)

Put or hang furniture items at the ceiling like in HHD. Otherwise, don't update NL and make Animal Crossing on Switch instead.

Am I the only one who would like custom pwps? Like the pwp starts as a ? and then you can choose a furniture piece of your choice. Not all furniture pieces are applicable. For example, you could have a giant stuffed bear somewhere in your town. Or the creepy tombstones to make a graveyard.

Of course, you would need said furniture piece on hand.

Last edited:
I'd love more design slots like city folk and the ability to customise your 'garden' like in Happy Home Designer!
I'd also love the ability to customise your character more like in HHD aswell :)

juy7H0q.png
Integrate the full design features of HHD into ACNL (will never happen because then sales would drop on HHD probably - either that or merge the two together in a new game - please don't I love acnl)

juy7H0q.png
Some new way of laying paths, and the ability to put items on paths -especially the grid thing that Hayden explained

juy7H0q.png
Ability to /mark\ specific areas for villager move ins - obviously the downside would be you have to mark 10 from the beginning and can't move them - or have to pay to move them (keeps it a challenge and not instant)

juy7H0q.png
Added insects / fish / sea creatures ? To make fishing and bug catching fun and challenging again

juy7H0q.png
New fruit trees?

juy7H0q.png
Some sort of delivery bin at the museum that appears after maybe 10 separate donations that you can dump accepted new fossils / fish / insects and art into instead of having to do the whole blathers chitchat every time (waking him up bla-de-bla). You could have blathers give some dialogue about how he 'needs a break from time to time as he is getting older and has decided to implement a *new modern* feature that all the other towns have!' Give blathers a desk! and have him fall asleep reading a book or something!

juy7H0q.png
STOP the villagers from stopping me leaving and opening /thesame\ dialogue every time I want to leave a shop. Just have them wave or something - or atleast mix up what they say a bit.

juy7H0q.png
Ability to move rocks to specific/set different places by talking to Leif (still keeps in the challenge of having to build the town around them but makes it a little less frustrating if they are in really bad spots.

juy7H0q.png
When chatting with Rover, rather than him show you 4(?) different maps - have something similar to when you are having your hair done at shampoodle. So based off your questions he offers you 4 certain map types.
For example
Is *town name* in the east or the west? This defines whether your sea is on the left or right.
Which way does the rive flow? Answers - left to right, left to bottom or right to left, right to bottom.
ETC.

juy7H0q.png
Some sort of actual function for the rent-able museum rooms - not got any idea yet

There's probably more I could think of ha

- - - Post Merge - - -

Everyone's suggestions I are great and I agree with really haha!

I would like to see an option where you can change your mayor's name/town. So after you have chosen where you would like to put house etc and once you have paid off the first debt making you have the house there instead of the tent, an option will come up and saying "Would you like to continue with this mayor name/this name of the town?" Or either make it a PWP option. I would also love if you could put items outside your place, like in HHD.

Agreed.
I also think it would be a good idea if when you do pwp you can chose an area with a rock and Isabelle would accept it, and clear the rock like she does the trees.
It's so annoying when I find a place I like but it has a rock on it :/

A PWP that you can display a furniture item outside. Something like a pedestal or a display stand. Because there's some items I'd think would look great outside (ie, the statues, outdoor furniture, etc)

I was thinking exactly that the other day o.o xD

I would like to see an option where you can change your mayor's name/town. So after you have chosen where you would like to put house etc and once you have paid off the first debt making you have the house there instead of the tent, an option will come up and saying "Would you like to continue with this mayor name/this name of the town?" Or either make it a PWP option.
I think changing the town name would make a great PWP option. :) Mayor name could just be changed at the counter? Perhaps that could be an unlockable? I love this idea... I so want to be Mayor Sasha of Talinn and not Mayor Luna of Virginia.

It's been said before: but changing your skin tone (or just choosing it when you make your town) should be a feature. This doesn't mean tanning won't be included anymore because there's still ways to implement it. I suggest that your character's original skin tone works as a base tone and during the summer (or on the island) you can tan and your skin tone will increasingly get darker until it's about 3 levels from your base tone. When you haven't tanned all day your skin tone will decrease a level until it's reached the base tone again. This is a more realistic way of tanning.

Back