If there's an upcoming update for animal crossing NL what would you like to see?

I'd love a building like in HHD that you can customise and villagers can go and interact in it. Something like the Office would be cool if you could get a part-time job and do simple tasks (perhaps a minigame?) for small amounts of money or better items to decorate your office with like Brewster gives you cafe items, but I loved the ability to flesh out the town so much more in HHD and even 1 building like this is AC:NL would be so cool.

A. PATTERN. LOCK

the amount of times i rub out a pattern on my ground from an alt character, the effort to relog into that character just to replace 1 pattern is so darn ANNOYING

A bigger house, if you have not donated something to the museum it would be nice to can be seen in your list, an option to create specific areas to allow the villagers move there and an option to move rocks. I have very annoying rocks in my town, and I hate that.

Since you're Mayor you should be able to place where villager house's go, like it might et a bit annoying if we hav to do them all, but its acceptable and should be done when you instantly go into your game and then you can do whatever you wanna do in the game.

Also gaving villager pictures placed on the wall, so we can put them whenever and not waste space in the room. Also I want to catch a jelly fish! X<

Since you're Mayor you should be able to place where villager house's go, like it might et a bit annoying if we hav to do them all, but its acceptable and should be done when you instantly go into your game and then you can do whatever you wanna do in the game.

Also gaving villager pictures placed on the wall, so we can put them whenever and not waste space in the room. Also I want to catch a jelly fish! X<
I can relate to all of these struggles. Espically the first one.
It's really frustrating when a villager places his/her home Infront of your house or near the train station.

- - - Post Merge - - -

A. PATTERN. LOCK

the amount of times i rub out a pattern on my ground from an alt character, the effort to relog into that character just to replace 1 pattern is so darn ANNOYING

Totally agree!! I don't find this feature too difficult to implanted in the future. to be completely honest!.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I would love if we could hold more patterns like we can on Happy Home Designer! Also I would like to be able to place furniture outside like a PWP.

To be honest. Happy home designer has a lot of great features but the problem is that it's kinda limited. (Villagers keep saying the same dialogues , Once you've done public work projects then the game is kinda finished , Lottie gets boring and keeps saying the same things over and over again , etc) anyway ,
I believe that the Happy home designer features should be exclusive only to those who purchased the game. It would be nice if we could link Happy home designer data into new leaf to earn those features.
*Ahem ahem nintendo*

I wish they'd let us save villager data who moved out or who are about to move out to amiibo cards and let us invite them to our town where they'd wander, shop, talk to current villagers, invite them to move back in etc. or have a guest house pwp where they can stay for a couple days

Being able to decide when a villager leaves, instead of having to catch them before the fact to talk them out of it. Also, being able to choose where they put their house, or at least being able to move it elsewhere once the plot marker shows up.

More dialogue would be nice too, just so everything isn't repetitive lol.

Tool box please. I have too many tools to carry around and it takes up so much space

Let us have the ability to "persuade" a villager to move his plot without kicking them out or at least be able to see plots without running like a madwoman/man around town. Cut out dialogue that has been repeated twice - if I hear one more word about my PWP being too close to the plaza from Isabelle I'm going to stuff her into a bell

Last edited:
I just want a yard!!! There's so much cute stuff that really should go outside, and having some space around my house to decorate would be really cool. Maybe villagers could have something like that as well, where they'll put a little table outside or a flower box, of sprinkler, that you could buy from them or give them something to replace it just like stuff inside. And more interaction options, I want to come over to find a villager watching tv and be able to go sit with them, or play a game, or meet them for coffee at the cafe later, or go to the museum with them! I guess I just want to have little dates with my villagers lol. Oh, and probably the most important thing to me: let amiibo card villagers move out naturally! I always get excited and scan a ton in, and then I'm stuck without being able to get new villagers if all of my naturally occurring villagers are ones I love and want to stay.

Decorate yards (furniture outside) and curtains/interior doors in your house.

We know they can be done, because that's lifted right from HHD. I really dislike my windows being nekkie.

I really want a broom tool! When you sweep the ground a couple of times, you could create a dirt path. It would be so cute if all our witch characters could walk around with brooms. :blush:

a feature that, so if a villager wants to livein your town.
instead of having to play every day making a new character and having to plot reset if necessary.
the villager that wants to move in, is waiting for your mayor character to come out of the house and say stuff like this.

*villager*:''Hey, you are the mayor of (your town name) right ?''
your character nods
*villager*:''Good, well my name is (villagers name) and i want to move to (your town name)
is that ok with you ?''
here you can choose yes or no.
if you say no the villager will get sad but accepts it and walks away.
but if you say yes
*villager*:''Hooray, thank you so much.
i already spoke with mister Nook about this, and he want to build my house.
but i'm not sure where to put it, can you help me ?''
( this is a yes or no question but you will help the villager regardless of your answer )

so you walk over with the villager to the designated spot for her house ( like you would with isabelle for a PWP or with Nook for your own home ).

and it will be done :)
this would be so much easier to order your town a bit :)

( or just an update where villager no longer can plot on trees and bushes )
and maybe flowers too

Last edited:
Ideas taken from here: http://bellionaire.tumblr.com/post/162531443592/ideas-for-a-new-animal-crossing-game

- windy days where the trees blow and bells chime and villagers comment about being swept away
- more ways to group things like the fruit baskets such as bouquets of flowers
- keep all your tools on a tool belt that takes up one slot
- being able to choose where villagers live or bring back something like the signposts
- more conversations+replies! Just more things for villagers to say in general i’m tired of the same thing every day
- SKINTONES.
- letter system that recognizes key phrases/words and has villagers reply to it (like if you say “how are you” they would respond, if you write something mean they would get upset and not just thank you lol)
- duck villagers like the rain as well as frogs (i think ducks like rain?? not entirely sure tho)
- meet villagers at the caf?, museum, beach, etc for a date sort of thing, like instead of meeting at your house meet at the caf?.
-become friends with npc like u do with sable/ once you become good enough friends they get their pictures (ik u can get some special character pics but I want blathers and the able sisters and pete etc etc) at a certain level they can pop into your house uninvited
- be able to send kk slider fanmail/ send mail to other npcs
- a way to plant grass. Please.
- fruit bushes, berries and things like that
- MORE FLESHED OUT VILLAGER PERSONALITIES. I want villagers to be mean to me again and yell at me!! villagers that are cold at first and then build up a friendship with them! I want this more than anything else on the list tbh
- christmas lights on houses and buildings!!
- a main street similar to the one in HHD with more shops!
- basically everything from HHD: furniture outside, furniture closer together you can squeeze through, middle slots for items on tables, villagers holding items like ice cream, ceiling decorations and curtains and windows oh my, possibly furniture outside but with a limit
- resize things as a form of customization
- ability to turn furniture in more directions
- a big hide and seek competition like the fishing tourney where you have to find every villager or something?
- give isabelle time off! Maybe a new character that takes her place when she’s on break, like phyllis in the post office
- when isabelle has time off (sundays? Lunch time?) u can see her roaming around town
- more colors/options for pwp, like the police station has two options. different color scheme choices for the campsite, caf?, any pwp could have multiple color choices basically
- brewster stores gyroids again I loved seeing him geek out over them
- something (like thanksgiving) where you can gather certain food, fish, other things, bring to a piece of kitchen furniture and make them into a food to bring to your villagers or sell (ex: gather a bunch of apples and make a pie) maybe a grocery store to go along with this? And you could buy exotic fruit from that store as well?
- a new way to make paths instead of patterns with options for cobblestone, brick, asphalt, and sidewalk materials
- in your encyclopedia an icon that shows if you’ve donated it to the museum
- ability to rotate pwps/houses
- more animations, for example Jock villagers can jog around town
- library pwp with a new uptight librarian character that likes you because you’re so quiet
- pwp on beaches+ ones made specifically for it like beach umbrellas
- villagers contribute to museum and donate more to Pwp
- areas away from the village you could travel to and explore, similar to the island, like woods, a winter world, maybe even some sort of planet you could unlock! Each have a few villagers or npcs living there, like the islanders in older games

I freaking need the ability to place paths down by just dragging them along the map with a stylus. Kinda like the design maker, like how the pixels and everything are set up, and the shapes that you have availible. It's so annoying to have to face forward, 1 path, 2 path, take a step, face forward, 1 path, 2 path...........

And I need the ability to have 2 ordinances at once :3 Beautiful and Bell Boom is how you win at life.

- - - Post Merge - - -

OML a tool belt, Christmas lights, jocks running and Isabelle running freely around my town would be the best things ever ;u;

- - - Post Merge - - -

Cut out dialogue that has been repeated twice - if I hear one more word about my PWP being too close to the plaza from Isabelle I'm going to stuff her into a bell

I have no idea why but I read this and literally died... I think because it's so relatable X'D

Back