• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Anybody here watch Food Network?

Bcat

👻Spoopy all season long👻
Bells
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Candy Corn Halloweaster Egg
Is anybody here into food network shows like chopped or cutthroat kitchen? If so: what are your favorite shows and who are your favorite personalities?

I personally adore Alton Brown. He's probably my favorite personality, and I'm also fond of Bobby Flay. :)

When I lived with my grandma we would always watch the competition shows like the seasonal baking championship! We would always get in debates about who was better cx I also really like kitchen nightmares but idk if thats on food network lol

When I lived with my grandma we would always watch the competition shows like the seasonal baking championship! We would always get in debates about who was better cx I also really like kitchen nightmares but idk if thats on food network lol

Jason from the holiday baking championship is on Next Food Network Star right now and he's in the top three! He's definitely my favorite contestant and I really hope he wins! I'd watch his show all day.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I love watching chopped! :>

personally though I kind of hate bobby flay.... lmao
reasons being I feel it's very biased, i think the judges already know which plate is bobby's and he mostly always wins. every once in awhile they'll throw in a different winner but yeah...
also the very bad jokes w/ the fake audience laughs get a lil cringey

omg if you don't like bobby flay have you seen the icarly where they roast him? I love that one so much.

and yeah, I 100% feel that the judging for every show should be blind. Sometimes they choose the best story instead of the best food.

I love watching chopped! :>

personally though I kind of hate bobby flay.... lmao
reasons being I feel it's very biased, i think the judges already know which plate is bobby's and he mostly always wins. every once in awhile they'll throw in a different winner but yeah...
also the very bad jokes w/ the fake audience laughs get a lil cringey

edit: oh i forgot about the holiday baking championship ! i loove that show.
also most random baking shows that idk the names of, they're just very relaxing to watch

Last edited:
I watch Mystery Diners a lot. I remember an episode where they caught a vegan who worked at a fish restaurant and used to steal the crabs and take them back to the ocean. It was so bloody funny, though obviously fake.

I tend to watch the food shows when I have absolutely nothing to do, need background noise or distractions, or feel hungry.
Really enjoy watching Alton Brown and Good Eats, really like the analytical approach to food that the show takes while still adding some decent humor now and then, really relaxing to watch for me
That intro will never get old for me

Last edited:
Back then, there was this show (probably fake, but still really interesting!) called Mystery Diners. It's a show where a group of people are called upon from a owner of a restaurant to catch a discrepancy or complaints to an employee. What makes it interesting is that they blend into the restaraunt, instead of making a full-blown ivestigation. And the cherry on top? They proceed to lead to the guilty employee to a camera room with the owner(s) to prove their crimes. It's funny they get salty at the end for getting caught!

Here's the link! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_Diners

Last edited:
Alton has always been my #1 guy. I loved Good Eats, I like that it was more than just cooking, and I love him on Iron Chef and Cutthroat. I love Chopped a lot because it makes them get creative which I do a lot with my cooking. Cooking shows are just really great!

I HATE GIADA AND BAREFOOT CONTESSA.

And no regrets, I loved Paula's show so much, she used so much butter.

when it's late at night and i'm bored i sometimes watch mystery diners, it's hilarious but unfortunately it gets old pretty fast.

Alton has always been my #1 guy. I loved Good Eats, I like that it was more than just cooking, and I love him on Iron Chef and Cutthroat. I love Chopped a lot because it makes them get creative which I do a lot with my cooking. Cooking shows are just really great!

I HATE GIADA AND BAREFOOT CONTESSA.

And no regrets, I loved Paula's show so much, she used so much butter.

I actually really love barefoot Contessa and her recipes are always really good! I don't like Giada either though...The more I see of her (especially on food network star) the more I can't stand her.

I loveeee Food Network, I'd say it's my most watched channel! Bobby Flay is my #1 favorite, he's so talented and really charming to me. He runs an Instragam for his cat, Nacho, and I think it's just the cutest thing! I really like Alton Brown too, Good Eats is such a classic and so fun to watch when I can find it.

Back