Misconceptions about you?

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
1930-4077-2035
Yeah that other thread about misconceptions that you had... what about what people are so wrong about you with?

- That I'm a sweet little girl that never trash talks and stuff. Sure I don't gossip about secrets for a very good reason but I can very well trash talk people if they deserve it.

- That I'm very familiar with computers/OS/tech stuff. Yeah I know some basics and I can try and google stuff for you but yeah I don't know how to navigate your weird OS' other than Windows and iOS maybe. Give me an Android phone and I'm a lot of time lost. Just because you game and go on forums doesn't mean you're a pro. (Mostly my mom and ladies her age IRL lol)

- That I'm from Portugal/Brazil/Spain. Probably has to do with that I like some old music from those countries but I'm hardly fluent or can hold lengthy conversations. I could probably understand if you write to me and get most words but that's it lol. Pretty fun though, I wouldn't mind learning any of the languages well.

- That I'm male or stuff.. mostly online though cause I'm not acting girly girl and yeah, dunno. I'm actually female IRL but I don't put too much emphasis on my gender and I don't bother correcting people :p

I think a lot of people think David Bowie is the only artist I like. That's the biggest one for here, at least.

A lot of people think I'm a girl online and in real life, though. Long hair and stuff.

Well here's a few of mine...

-That I'm a guy. No literally, everybody I meet online at first thinks I'm a guy. Is it a stereotype that guys would be more N64 obsessed than girls?

-That I'm a theist. I certainly am not, but both of my parents and my brother are very openly Christian and when my mom says stuff like "I don't want you to go to hell" it makes me feel bad cause I feel like if I tell her I'm an atheist then it'll just break her heart and make my parents try to convert me for the rest of my life.

-That I'm a hippiester. What's that? It's a combo of hippie and hipster. I might agree that I have hippie in me but I don't want to associate myself with the hipster trend... they prob just call me that cause I do weird things like listen to cassettes portably or wear a fanny pack.

- That I'm only sad just to get attention. At least, I feel that way cause no one around me really seems to want to appeal to my emotions. I guarantee if I could live my while life happily on my own then I most certainly would.

- That I'm stuck-up/not approachable. I hear a lot that people are intimidated by others who are much smarter than they are. That's why I had very few friends in high school, because I'm terrible at approaching people cause of my anti-social ways. The people who I did happen to approach were very good friends with me. It's just too bad hardly anybody gives me a chance and expects me to give them a chance even though it's pretty obvious I'm socially awkward. Idk..

I can probably think of a few at the top of my head.

• I'm stupid. People in school thought this because I always had something stupid to say.
  • I'm a virgin. Most people find it hard to believe that I'm not. They think I'm the least likely to do it, when in reality I did it before them.
  • I play Pok?mon Go everyday. I don't. At least not anymore. I played non-stop when it first came out over a year ago, but now not so much.
  • I'm a liar. My parents think this, but it's not completely true. They think I'm a liar, but really I'm just too scared of what they'll do if I tell the truth.
  • I'm gay. I don't get it. How does wearing skinny jeans automatically make me gay. I wear them because I can fit in them and they come in many different colors that I love oh so much.
  • I'm not mature. Another falso statement. I'm mature, but I just don't like to be. It takes the fun out of life.
  • I'm fifteen. I always get remarks about how I look much younger than I actually am. I'm nineteen.
  • I'm an idiot that dropped out of college. Actually I'm an idiot that got kicked out of college thank you very much.
  • I'm a christian. To be completely honest I believe in God. I don't believe in religion. I don't need anyone telling me that it's wrong to kill my Mom. I was born knowing that.
  • I'm scared of driving. It's not me that's scared of driving. It's my mom who's scared of me driving. She believes that I would be a hazard to everyone on the road.
  • I bite my nails down to a stub. I don't bite my nails. I have a fingernail disorder that causes my nails to grow weird. I have to keep them short otherwise they'll grow right into my skin and it's a pain to remove.

I think that's about it.

depends on who u ask lol a lot of people think im a sucky person who does sucky things and idk about th first one but i dont really do a bunch of stuff so ??

also w the computer knowledge thing Yeah old people will always b like "???????????? wow you're a hacker aren't u :')" when you literally just google something and do what the first result says you should do

depends on who u ask lol a lot of people think im a sucky person who does sucky things and idk about th first one but i dont really do a bunch of stuff so ??

also w the computer knowledge thing Yeah old people will always b like "???????????? wow you're a hacker aren't u :')" when you literally just google something and do what the first result says you should do

Yeah.. I mean I like digging around for music and cool images and try to solve simple stuff but how is that hacking and being a pro like.. No I couldn't work with computers or be tech I'm way too unmotivated to learn that lol

@Bowie.. Yeah, I can see why people think that but you've shown diversity in your music taste so yeah I don't believe that heh.
--

And yeah I've heard of that liar and trying to get away and stuff to (mostly my dad bc he's an ass). Like yeah if I told you everything or being truthful about stuff you'd just try and ruin **** -_- Yes I don't want to be with you but if I say that you call me a sucker who don't care of family etc. etc.

And yeah I've heard of that liar and trying to get away and stuff to (mostly my dad bc he's an ass). Like yeah if I told you everything or being truthful about stuff you'd just try and ruin **** -_- Yes I don't want to be with you but if I say that you call me a sucker who don't care of family etc. etc.

Were you referring to me when you said this?

Were you referring to me when you said this?

Not directly, no offenses intended. But in reference that you mentioned it.

Oh and yeah talking about music, people think I know/like all those new or more modern that I usually like indie/folk acts. No no no. I like maybe First Aid Kit but that's it lol.. I live under a rock when it comes to new music lol

I'M not Mary Poppins. The incomparable Michael Rooker/Yondu is :rolleyes:

Also:
I like dogs too

ohhhh dear

- that I'm graceful/well put together: I met up with some friends that I game with online over the summer and lawd, once I stepped into the restaurant I started dropping my chopsticks, spilling stuff on the table etc.../image out the window

- that I'm a girly girl: when people in my uni classes find out i'm a huge nerd, play video games/watch anime etc they never get over how "surprised" they are lmao

Last edited:
Also, almost forgot my favorite about myself... That people think I'm a movie expert just because I've taken several years of film studies at university here. Well, yeah I've seen a lot of more odd oldies (and some more mainstream, as well as some new) but I hardly see everything and I prefer more world cinema rather than the western standards.. And I don't really keep up with new things either that much unless it's odd gems as well.. so yeah.

People tend to think that I'm a pushover, because I like making people I like happy and I'm friendly. In reality I'm very opinionated, easily fall into leadership roles and while I enjoy doing nice things for people I like, I won't appease others at my own expense.

People often think I'm extroverted, but I'm actually an introvert. I'm just not shy.

People think I'm anorexic because my metabolism is fast and I also don't eat much in front of people, so they think I just don't eat haha

People think I'm anorexic because my metabolism is fast and I also don't eat much in front of people, so they think I just don't eat haha

Yeah.. I'm pretty tiny and I can't eat a lot since I've got a tiny tum as well, so people always comment on that and that I eat a little.. not anorexic but still .. yeah I can't eat a lot so what and I have to explain stuff every time lol

In middle school I was just getting into my goth/emo phase, and had poofy hair, I wore chucks and striped socks everyday and so everyone started thinking I was a witch. I played along with it a bit, but it's funny now that I am one and am back to gothy attire.

In high school because I pretty much hated myself and was super depressed, I wore boys clothes and baggy stuff, big over-sized sweaters to hide my body in pretty much, didn't wear make-up... people assumed I was a bully or a stoner, but once I got into my group of friends those misconceptions died down thankfully.

I don't know what people think about me now...

"young & dumb" because im not a 59 year old policitian/activist it dont mean i dont know jack about us history, civil rights, racism etc. (i grew up watching alot of documentaries about economics/class/social issues and see how everything is all connected. i dont regurgitate words that the next person says.)

"innocent and sweet" lol no i can be cruel. im nice and try to be thoughtful to lots of people which i guess thats where the aweet and innocent thing came from among my group of friends. but i can be really mean and petty to people i think aren't good people. they deserve it. but i keep most of it to myself.

"hardly eat" nah. i eat reasonably. i just tend to eat more healthy im naturally slim + never grew up on hot dogs and hamburgers and sketti, more like miso, rice and fish.

"weeb" hey. im japanese. immigrant momma raised her baby with authentic japanese food, japanese mannerisms, and japanese festivals/traditions. so its only natural i join the japanese clubs at school. thing is, im also black. and everyone has the typical imagery of "light-skinned, black straight hair, small eyes, short legs" for asians. i dont look like that. i look like ariana miyamoto. and (based off my experience) the concept of blasians is unheard of where im from.

r those tags a coryxkenshin refrence?

When people first meet me, they seem to always get the impression that I am a confident person. As much as I'd like to be, I'm not. I'm a person with a lot of insecurities, however I do act confident in front of people who I don't know. Once you get to know me, you'll realize that I'm not who you think I am after all.

I ordered my grocery shopping online the other week actually, I opened the door wearing no makeup, still wearing my glasses and my hair was a complete mess and the guy delivering my food said, "Where's your mum?" and immediately I responded, "Excuse me!?"
He assumed that I wasn't old enough to answer the door, the guy thought I looked 10 years old! I wasn't and still am not sure whether he was joking or to take that as a compliment. The guy ought to take an eye test.

Yeah.. people always think I'm still in high school or whatever age under 20 because I am pretty tiny, don't work out, don't have like "adult face skin" etc. so always when I order(or buy in the booze store) like a booze they look at me (or sometimes when I go to bars etc. not too often but happens) like I'm 15 and trying to fake stuff. Yeah thanks I'm 25 sorry I don't look like all the girls -_-

Or reverse when I bought public transport ticket they asked if I shouldn't buy reduced fare (for people under 20 or 65+).. Like yeah thanks I'm over 20 I can't that or I'd get like $120 fees -.-

Back