• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Misconceptions about you?

Well:

- I'm a ***** (sorry). My face is naturally built into a frown, but mostly it's because I'm almost always tired so I don't even care what my face looks like. I try so hard to smile at everyone I come across though :(
- I gossip a lot. I hardly talk about anyone else mostly because I don't remember most of my classmates names lol. I'm the type of person that keeps to herself all the time so I have no idea why people think I'd be talking about them when I have nothing to say about them in general :(
- I speak Chinese. I'm not even Chinese. Wherever I go, there's someone trying to speak Chinese to me for some reason lol.
- I'm stupid. Idk why but just because of the jokes I make on the internet, people assume that's exactly how I am in person as well lol. It's kinda offensive to see how dumb they think I am D:

so people always think that im cold and not interested in having a convo or whatever with them. thats not true. i have a resting ***** face and i cant help it.

- people think I purposefully starve myself just because I'm a bit skinny but I eat whatever I want when I'm feeling hungry. It really pisses me off when people joke saying "do your parents feed you??" I'm not even that skinny ok no need to exaggerate

- think I might not be interested in the convo because I don't always say much but I'm mainly just listening to everyone is saying

so people always think that im cold and not interested in having a convo or whatever with them. thats not true. i have a resting ***** face and i cant help it.

That too, my normal face expression is like neutral/bored and unless I really enjoy/hate stuff I look pretty bored/annoyed (same if I don't want to talk with people then I just look uninterested)

- - - Post Merge - - -

- people think I purposefully starve myself just because I'm a bit skinny but I eat whatever I want when I'm feeling hungry. It really pisses me off when people joke saying "do your parents feed you??" I'm not even that skinny ok no need to exaggerate

Yeah, I've heard people remark/make fun of that I don't eat a lot..

Yeah I CAN'T eat a lot since I've got a tiny tum and am pretty tiny in general.. like yeah I try to gain weight but it probably won't happen til I'm old so stfu man

Probably the biggest one for me:
Why are your fingernails so long for a guy? Do you have bad hygiene?
My hygiene is completely fine lol, I like longish fingernails. My head and the back of my neck itch a lot from having a super dry scalp (I also like longer hair, curling it relaxes me and I have 1 or 2 fingers in my hair in public at all times since I'm super introverted), and scratching away that dead skin with short fingernails is annoying to the point that it's impossible. And some people (even girls with longer fingernails than me) ask how I can type well with them. They aren't an entire inch long or anything and they have never gotten in the way of my typing, maybe you just suck at typing :lemon::lemon::lemon:

Last edited:
I think everyone thinks I hate people and want to be left alone because I don't talk to anyone when in reality I really want to make friends but I'm just terrified of taking the first step :lemon:

Last edited:
I think everyone thinks I hate people and want to be left alone because I don't talk to anyone when in reality I really want to make friends but I'm just terrified of taking the first step :lemon:

This is basically what I was going to say. I desperately want to be friends and hang out with my cousins (since basically all of them but me do things together all the time), but I feel like they don't want to hang out with me and if I made an effort to be friends with them I'd be forcing myself on them.

- that me and my brother are twins. We look very alike, and we're only one year apart. Also we're both petite, so people also tends to think we're like 15.

- I'm a lightweight. I actually have a lot of alcohol resistance, It takes me A LOT of booze to get me drunk. Since I'm skinny and small, many people think I can't handle my drinks and get very surprised when they party with me.

- that I'm angry all the time. I'm not really afraid of confrontation, and since I have that sweet resting b*** face, many people think I just go around the world picking up fights.

- I'm gay. I'm actually bisexual so half of that's true.

- I strudy art. I'm mayoring in industrial design so it's not THAAAT far fetched but still, since I wear colored hair and have quite a lot of piercings and tattoos all around my body (also I dress a little weird but that's design's fault ;-; that place made me like this), people tend to think I mayor in art... I don't really like the stereotype but I can't say I don't see where are they comming from.

- I'm dumb. Since I'm very extroverted and I love to party... I come across as very aloof. many people think I'm this really dumb girl with no future. But I'm actually mayoring in design, and spanish literature at the same time. And I'm the assistant of the teacher (that's a teaching job for undergards) in "product design workshop for engenieers", I study in the best uni in my country. And have won several essay writting competitions. I would never claim that schoolar intelligence is the best or the most important but I can't deny I at least have some of that.

Yeahhh I get that angry thing sometimes too, but tbh it's mostly people asking for it because they love provoking me for some reason >> I'm not after fights.. just leave me alone smh

That I'm liberal/left-wing
NOTE: YOU MAY SEE THAT THIS DOESN'T DISCLOSE ANY SPECIFIC INFORMATION IN ORDER TO KEEP NEUTRALITY ON THE SUBJECT. PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO DISCLOSE ANY OPINIONS ON ANY SPECIFIC POLITICAL OR SOCIAL ISSUES. THIS IS ONLY FOR THE SAKE OF TALKING ABOUT A MISCONCEPTION AND IS NOT MEANT TO START ANY CONVERSATION ABOUT POLITICS.

People tend to believe that if I mostly say things that speaks against right-wing/conservative ideology or officials or that I dismiss certain issues and choose equality over a proposed solution to said problem that would affect other people that it automatically means I am a liberal, support the democratic party, am an alt-leftist/SJW etc.

I'm not into politics like that at all, as it in general as I feel like I lose braincells upon just hearing about it. A lot of the stuff I might say on the topics is just my social views and personal morality and has nothing to do with politics at all. A lot of it is just my take on what I think is the right thing to do in general, and has nothing to do with what may look to be "legally the right thing to do". There's a lot of things that can be put in place in law that would be beneficial or help a situation, but I may not support it simply on the aspect of that the affects of it goes against my moral values, but I wouldn't go out protesting about it at all.

Ironically, when I was younger, I was mistooken as a conservative even though I never supported right-wing/republican at all and although at the time agreed with some of the things they believed (but grew up and changed), I'd never politically support or vote for them as I honestly never cared that much.

Oftentimes, I get these statements from moderates or people from the opposite site of whatever political spectrum they are accusing me of, so I'm suspecting these statements are just so they can talk against any ideas that "threaten" their political views, even though like I said they aren't as I'm no "opponent" of them at all. They seem to take as if what I say makes me another person or vote that they have to go against. However, that isn't the case. I'm not saying them talking against my ideas are bad, as I understand why exactly they are doing it. They have a particular viewpoint that they zealously support. It's just I'm not really the type of person they should be wasting their time doing that with, as even if they were to persuade me to their side, I'm not actually ON their SIDE because I don't partake in politics. They should be bring that to the actual people that do, and if that misconception about me supporting a particular political party was cleared up, it would save them the wasted time to senseless debates with me about political topics, as what I say on them are speaking in general, and have nothing to do with law or politics.

That the reason why I know what I know is because "I'm just smart"
This is annoying to me, as I get this at school very often. They think that my ability to learn certain things on my own or in school in various subject, and the reason why I get As is because "I'm just smart". I work my butt off a lot and have even to force myself to study when I feel tired in order to do this stuff. Often, I have to seek outside sources to delve deeper into things. with that being said...

That the stuff I know is off of some rote memorization
I will admit that some stuff I know off of rote, but there is more effort that goes into learning certain things other than rote. One time, I told someone a complex formula perfectly and I was asked "how do you memorize all of this?", not knowing that I had to research about the origin of the formula, so I knew the formula by understanding what other more simpler formulas it was derived from, it's transformations and how it applies to what the formula is supposed to do.

That because I'm gay means I like you (referring to some guys I come out to)
I don't know what logic people get this from. Just because I tell you I'm gay and you are a guy does not mean I like you. If I do, I'll tell you myself, then you can say that. I especially hate guys that reiterate it. That starts to come off as homophobia rather than them just trying to say "I don't swing that way". I would understand if they popped up the question or something out of curiousity, but the way some straight guys are about it by automatically assuming it is ridiculous, as if they have some sort of problem with a gay guy liking them

(Internet) That I'm a girl (when I say I like guys or talk about guys being "hot" etc.)
I don't take much offense to this, but it is pretty funny that this is something that is often mistaken of me as I wonder what exactly makes them think I'm a girl. Like, is it the way I speak? I know I don't stereotypically speak very "masculine" I guess XD . In real life, people often insultingly say "I act like a girl." ; that did bother me but that's another story for another time.

That if I mention about older games compared to newer games that I don't like that I'm "nostalgia blind"
First off, I'm 16 years old. Exactly how possibly nostagia blind could I possibly be? What, do you think the opinion of a 7-10 year old would be any better because they are born into the new gaming era? Most likely they wouldn't, as those same people would just dismiss their ideas because "their a child". However, at the same time they think that if I am not just automatically just agreeing to decisions made with a newer game in the series compared to it's predecessors I may have played when I was younger automatically means I'm "nostalgia blind". Or... y'know I could just not be agreeing to decisions made with a newer game in the series compared it's predecessors... ever though about that? ;)

That if I constantly praise/constantly complain about a Nintendo, that it makes me a Nintendo fanboy/Nintendo hater
The same thing applies here. These are false assumptions of coincidental events. I might just happen to not like or like pretty much every thing they are doing at the moment. But that would just be too much like the more logical thing to assume first.

I would go into more, but I think I'll start with this and maybe give some more later.

That I'm naturally good at video games lol

nooooope. If I'm good at a video games, I've likely put countless hours into it.

- that im a ***** who hates everything and whos only emotion is pissed off
- that i just play hard to get
- that im straight (lol irl people �� )
- that i know everything and anything about computers
- that i hate affection: i like it in different ways
- that i hate everyone (lol)
- that im (still) obsessed with japan. i was, in my weeb phase 3 years ago, but people seem to forget that people change lol
- that im a lesbian just because i dont like sexual jokes @ me from men. i dont like them from anyone lol. dont call me a 'd***' just because i ignore you when you holler "ev baby" at me. (im pansexual lol, i can get attracted to guys too)
- that i dont care about my appearance. i do, but if i try to make myself look nice my family rip the piss out of me and make such a huge fuss that its just not worth my time.

Last edited:
-That I'm younger than I actually am. During my final year of high school, a lot of the 9th graders kept confusing me for a 9th/10th grader. Also, a while ago when I played the "guess the age of the user above you" game in The Basement, everyone kept guessing I was 13/14.
-That I like Anime. I used to but now I can't stand it.
-That I'm depressed. I mean, I don't know for sure if I have depression but people always ask me if I'm sad. I guess I just have a naturally sad looking face?

- People online always think that I'm a boy. I'll be on other online forums for video games/comic books, anime, etc. and the people there commonly talk to me as if I'm a male lol. I'm a tomboy, but I guess I speak in a way that just comes across as masculine maybe? I don't know.

- That I'm stuck up/mean. Irl I don't talk unless I'm spoken to or have something to talk about (because I'm not very sociable otherwise, I'm an introvert), or if I'm in an environment where I'm comfortable enough to do so. I've had a lot of people tell me that they felt like I don't speak because I think I'm better than everybody. Which is a pretty dumb assumption if you ask me, but my resting face can be mean looking sometimes so I get it. People will ask me if I'm mad, and once a friend of my friend thought I wanted to beat her up because I was "mean mugging" her lol.

- I listen to Justin Bieber, and everyone who knows this thinks he's the only artist I listen to...the only freaking one. No sweetheart, I'm a music lover period. I love Justin Bieber and pop boy bands, but I love stuff like MJ, the Isley Brothers, Aerosmith, NWA, etc. as well.

- That I'm a young teen. I'm not, I just have a baby face. I'm twenty-two years old.

- That I'm not a virgin. Don't know why people would think so, and when I say I am they think I'm lying. But whatever.

- That I'm always a sugary ray of sunshine. Customers at my job think this because I always greet them with a bright smile, a good morning/afternoon/evening, and am very patient with them. When in reality I only do those things because a) it's just general respect and b) its part of my job.

- That I don't eat like I should. Which is half true (due to lack of drive), but in general I just have a small frame. I've always been a skinny girl.

- That I'm very smart. I'd say I'm smart, but not to the degree that most people try to say.

- That I'm depressed. Sometimes I say things and act in a way that makes me seem like I am, but I don't feel like I am. A friend once thought I was suicidal just because I said I wanted to go sit in my car alone rather than watch a movie with him on his laptop while we were waiting for our next class.

That's all I can think of right now.

Last edited:
The biggest one is people think im a rude, stuck up, judgmental person. They think this because my resting face is very mean looking, Im very anxious so im super quiet therefore I seem unfriendly because im not holding conversation, and I just act awkard and people take it the wrong way. It sucks because i'm actually really nice or atleast I try to be.

That I love to be alone and don't like seeing people at all IRL.

I don't like/love it... I just need to be alone sometimes because being around random people (or annoying people I know like family etc.) exhausts me, a lot. If it's like my BF or people I don't mind, then yeah I can easily have fun a day straight or two.

I just hate like acting nice and calm around people that makes me feel annoyed and such. And I do talk to people online and stuff that I feel comfy about as well but yeah try mention that to my parents.

that i'm naturally smart and good at everything just cause i'm from china
like no
thats not how this works

Last edited:
Yeahhh I get that angry thing sometimes too, but tbh it's mostly people asking for it because they love provoking me for some reason >> I'm not after fights.. just leave me alone smh

yeah I don't really get the "it's funny because you got angry" thing, people who like to make other people angry just for the sake of it it's one of my all time pet peeves.

yeah I don't really get the "it's funny because you got angry" thing, people who like to make other people angry just for the sake of it it's one of my all time pet peeves.

yeah or "omg u look cute being angry" and think it's fun to tease me so i get angry.. i'm just no stop it i'm bugging the hell outta here.

Back