• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Misconceptions about you?

that i'm naturally smart and good at everything just cause i'm from china
like no
thats not how this works

this. also this is a big pet peeve of mine, I just dislike so much the race-based generalizations of people :(

this. also this is a big pet peeve of mine, I just dislike so much the race-based generalizations of people :(

yeah :/ also that people think i'm like really smart because i know .. some stuff? yeah i have very narrow interests and if i like stuff i put some effort like i'm not a universal genius or pro thinker i just tend to be.. idk straight about stuff..

Well I can't think of too many (I'm mostly the forgotten one).
1. That I haven't had sex/lost my virginity. I have.
2. That I'm dumb. Sure, I have trouble conveying articulate thoughts, but in my writing I'm one of the smartest people you'll ever meet. Another reason I have this misconception is because I suck ass at exams.
3. That I'm familiar with computers and technology in general. I know some stuff and studied IST for a bit, but otherwise I'm not very good with technology.

Yeah, that's all I can think of at the moment.

I'm Mexican. Oh lord, I legitimately haven't met a single person other than relatives that has mistaken me for a Mexican. I mean, I guess it's because of my skin and last name, but is it really that confusing? I scream Philipino everywhere I go.

Well I can't think of too many (I'm mostly the forgotten one).
1. That I haven't had sex/lost my virginity. I have.
2. That I'm dumb. Sure, I have trouble conveying articulate thoughts, but in my writing I'm one of the smartest people you'll ever meet. Another reason I have this misconception is because I suck ass at exams.
3. That I'm familiar with computers and technology in general. I know some stuff and studied IST for a bit, but otherwise I'm not very good with technology.

Yeah, that's all I can think of at the moment.

Yeah I've also had sex. Like I don't go brag about it or stuff but in general when people think I'm like 12 and know nothing about it lol :/

Yeah, I kinda suck at formulating myself sometimes in speech and/or unintentionally comes off as rude (I always have to like explain why I do bc of my asperger/asd, it hinders my speech sometimes and I come off weird lol) and I'm way much better at writing down stuff like feels and whatnot (also better in English too because I use it way more than Swedish, and Swedish is my native language hah).

And your number 3 as well as I mentioned in my first post... I mean if you need help with simple button combinations sure I can do that or help you google simple stuff but I have no coding/os/whatever advanced skills so.. call a pro.. please?

everyone thinks im a girl- even if i present very masculine
everyone thinks im a girl online too :^)

usually people think im somewhat ditzy, i get the feeling atleast

that im either younger or older than i actually am- some people think im 18 and others think im 10 .-.
((online only- because i have a soft baby face irl and im very very short so im 99% of the time perceived as a 10 year old boy or a 13 year old girl))

people call me shy a lot, but im honestly really frickin loud and obnoxious so......? ok

and lastly, people seem to think im a sweetheart or that im delicate bc im very small

some of these are *probably* not what the thread is about but ah well its 4 am again and im sleepy

Last edited:
-I'm intentionally trying to ignore people and be rude. I'm really not, I'm just Autistic and am extremely confused and awkward and anxious in social situations.

-I'm a cisgender heterosexual girl... definitely false.

-I'm lazy. People assume I'm lazy cuz I don't do a lot of things other people do but it's like lol?? I'm disabled please cut me a little slack...

that i'm mean and standoffish and i hate you. yeah no i'm just cripplingly shy

I either get "wow you're really reliable" or "wow you're such a child"

Both are misconceptions, I'm a fairy duh.

ppl think i'm fake and pretentious but i'm actually woke and profound

People think I'm studious because I'm Asian and get all A's, but I'm really lazy and procrastinate. I just have a good memory and pay attention in class. I don't go out of my way to study.

People from school messaging me saying "omg you must be having so much fun not having to be in" when I've been sat on my butt not being able to really go anywhere from having 2 diagnosed things wrong with me

That my stomach is like the worst one ever, just because I can't eat a lot and don't poop a lot either. Cut me a break, I don't have a large stomach and I can't eat a lot either since I'm pretty tiny everywhere, hence why I don't poop often or can't eat a lot at the same time. It most of the time functions really good if I know what I can eat.

I have to eat smaller things more often rather than like 3 burgers at once which kinda sucks when going to some restaurants but hey that's me.

People always assume that I'm a fake nerd girl or that I'm idiot because I dropped out of high school. I dropped out because I had undiagnosed social anxiety and was having anxiety attacks on a near daily basis. The last time I went to sign up for GED school the lady who was running the tests asked me straight out what I was doing there because I got the highest possible score on the reading exam.
I'm not stupid, but everyone assumes that I am just some wannabe know-it-all with no idea what I'm talking about.

people have said i'm scary and hard to approach, no i love interracting with people lol i just usually keep to myself

Last edited:
Back