• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Misconceptions about you?

Yeah.. people always think I'm still in high school or whatever age under 20 because I am pretty tiny, don't work out, don't have like "adult face skin" etc. so always when I order(or buy in the booze store) like a booze they look at me (or sometimes when I go to bars etc. not too often but happens) like I'm 15 and trying to fake stuff. Yeah thanks I'm 25 sorry I don't look like all the girls -_-

Or reverse when I bought public transport ticket they asked if I shouldn't buy reduced fare (for people under 20 or 65+).. Like yeah thanks I'm over 20 I can't that or I'd get like $120 fees -.-

I feel you. Ha, I always have to get someone else to buy alcohol for me because on a number of occasions I've been told I'm under age by the person serving me. One time, I think they even called management over and I just walked out without the alcohol because I couldn't face all that ****. Sometimes I carry around my passport as proof of ID but I can't stand the thought of losing it so a lot of the time I keep it at home safe.

I feel you. Ha, I always have to get someone else to buy alcohol for me because on a number of occasions I've been told I'm under age by the person serving me. One time, I think they even called management over and I just walked out without the alcohol because I couldn't face all that ****. Sometimes I carry around my passport as proof of ID but I can't stand the thought of losing it so a lot of the time I keep it at home safe.

Wow.. that's rude :| And yeah I have my ID with me usually since who know when I need to use but yeah unless I go to the store here to get stuff I usually get other people to buy me stuff if I'm out (unless I'm at the good bars where people aren't rude lol)

And yeah that "you're too young how do you/you're not supposed to know that"

yeah sorry I like to read in my free time about random stuff lol to keep my brain alive

I've had people from school tell me on nights out that they legitimately thought I never spoke since I tended to be fairly quiet and reserved at school, so I guess that's a big one. I think people kind of assume I don't like them since I'm a bit shy and usually won't be the one to strike up a conversation, but that usually isn't true either.

I've had people from school tell me on nights out that they legitimately thought I never spoke since I tended to be fairly quiet and reserved at school, so I guess that's a big one. I think people kind of assume I don't like them since I'm a bit shy and usually won't be the one to strike up a conversation, but that usually isn't true either.

I guess I speak but unless people are willing to listen/interested I usually don't bother lol, I hate doing chit-chat like "everyone else" around me.

I guess I speak but unless people are willing to listen/interested I usually don't bother lol, I hate doing chit-chat like "everyone else" around me.

Yeah I getcha. Conversation for conversation's sake is a bit pointless when you know that the both of you actually have no interest in talking to each other I think

Yeah I getcha. Conversation for conversation's sake is a bit pointless when you know that the both of you actually have no interest in talking to each other I think

Yeah or all they do is ask about your everyday life every. freaking. time. I see someone and then go on about that for hours. Yeah I'm not an interesting person unless you're into the movies or music I'm in.. or certain games but yeah.

That I'm a *****.. People IRL need to get to know me first, then they're all like..
"honestly, when I first met I thought you were a stuck up *****, but now I love you" LMAO

People irl always think I'm just this super sweet innocent girl, which would normally be okay except some people try to take advantage of my kindness and it's really tough to deal with sometimes.

oh and when i was young maybe 14-17 i would always get mistaken for someone in their twenties.
it was pretty creepy but now i get mistaken for a 12 year old.

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh people also thought i used to be a fake nirvana fan lmao they thought i got the shirts w.o listening to the music... who does that??? lmao

oh people also thought i used to be a fake nirvana fan lmao they thought i got the shirts w.o listening to the music... who does that??? lmao

a lot of random teens/young adults that go buy random band shirts at H&M without knowing a **** about the music lolol

a lot of random teens/young adults that go buy random band shirts at H&M without knowing a **** about the music lolol

I know that makes me so mad... like my friend wears Beatles shirts but she doesn't even like them like wtf

I have about 5 Beatles shirts. Wanna know why? They're my favorite band next to Genesis! Amazing I know. I actually like the band on the shirt I wear.

Last edited:
I know that makes me so mad... like my friend wears Beatles shirts but she doesn't even like them like wtf

I have about 5 Beatles shirts. Wanna know why? They're my favorite band next to Genesis! Amazing I know.

Yeah, I see a lot of random people with like Nirvana or Guns n Roses shirts I mean do they even know or care about them lol :/

Yeah, I like Beatles though even though I don't have a lot of band shirts. I have a Grateful Dead one and probably some old Whitesnake one back when I liked them lol :rolleyes: I don't really anymore but yeah at least I've seen Whitesnake live twice and know their songs lol

- People tend to think I'm really young (online and IRL) despite being almost 19.
- "So you're an art major, right?" Er...not all girls go to college for liberal arts/humanities...
- I'm dumb because I'm female/blonde/girly...really annoying in my technical classes!
- I'm basic because I like Starbucks coffee. (This doesn't really bother me, I think it's sort of funny and probably a little true).
- That I'm a cosplay/fashion expert. I really love cosplay, jfashion, and fashion in general, but I'm by no means an expert!

Yeah.. I used to take film studies because I really enjoy films, their history, aesthetics etc. about them and some people like "bruh you're going to uni for that.. take some classes that will get you a job?"

Like.. no I can't just do that, if I have to take such classes I need to have an interest in the topics and it can't be too advanced.

To be fairly honest, people just thought of me as an akward person. I just did what I did normally... Then I saw the word ASD. I have nearly every symptom listed in the CDC website, which sucks. Its subtle, but people notice it ALOT.
I have been teased at and yelled at for THREE YEARS from my OLDER BROTHER because I had ASD.
Its sad, I know, but that's just how life works. (I gathered up the courage to tell my other bro and dad that I had ASD. They didnt agree at first, but when I showed them the symptoms... They finally realized.)

Last edited:
To be fairly honest, people just thought of me as an akward person. I just did what I did normally... Then I saw the word ASD. I have nearly every symptom listed in the CDC website, which sucks. Its subtle, but people notice it ALOT.
I have been teased at and yelled at for THREE YEARS from my OLDER BROTHER because I had ASD.
Its sad, I know, but that's just how life works. (I gathered up the courage to tell my other bro and dad that I had ASD. They didnt agree at first, but when I showed them the symptoms... They finally realized.)

Yeah, I have Asperger/asd and my parents pretty much never told me they had took me to shrink as a kid bc school suspected it until I was an adult and quit high school pretty much -_- And yeah I feel you, looking back I was a cringe kid but yeah I never had a thought it could be that since they never told they had me investigated for that, and this year I finally got it official..
--

Anyways one that I hate is that people think/expect me to like new music that sounds folk-y or old.. Like no.. just shut it.

IRL people think people think I'm a jack ***. I know I am online, but not IRL.

Life sucks.

I'm actually not as shy as people perceive me to be.
I just keep to myself until I grow comfortable around you.

One might be common amongst others here but I can be assumed that I'm extroverted.
-I like socializing with friends and being outgoing but I like staying home too.

That I'm was a fashion student or shocked I studied game development
-I dress relatively nice and I enjoy exploring fashions in both men and women areas. I wear makeup too. I basically don't carry the stereotypical nerdy girl look that most assume matches with tech. "Whoa, really??" eesh.

Back