• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Anyone played Wild World Recently? x

CrumbyTheNarwhal

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
1012-4577-4526
Hey! :)

Has anyone played Wild World for the DS recently?
I've had it for a several years now, but I never got into it.

Have you played it, and if so, what's your opinion on it? x

I like Wild World but I think it might be because nostalgia. New Leaf is definitely the superior game in my opinion.

I like Wild World but I think it might be because nostalgia. New Leaf is definitely the superior game in my opinion.

Agree with this, Wild World was my first Animal Crossing game so it's given me a lot of nostalgia.

In comparison to New Leaf there is a lot less to do so I think New Leaf is definitely the better game, but Wild World is fun if you play it from the non-mayoral perspective.

I do admit to finding Wild World and City Folk a bit more empty in comparison to New Leaf. I do miss the bigger towns though.

i went onto my old town a couple weeks ago AND WAS SO LOST! before, you'd memorized the map, and didn't need it... now i've gotten used to having a map! ugh, so lost! XD

I enjoyed Wild World on and off for ten years, but since playing New Leaf I find it hard to go back.

Yeah, I did actually try out the original first, but Wild world was my first ac game that I played on the regular.
I used to play it a lot but since New Leaf I just can't get back into it.
New Leaf has so many great new additions but agreeing with you, I did like the bigger town.
I also thought it was cool that the beach was connected to the grass, but I do definitely prefer having a bigger beach.
The villager houses were also cool, they took a simpler, smaller approach for the new ones in new leaf.
I also mainly like it for nostalgic reasons, I never really played City Folk, I didn't really like it.
It was a great game for the time but New Leaf definitely out did it. x

New Leaf is by the far the greatest game in the series but something about WW feels like home to me. It was my first game I ever played and used to steal my brothers DS all the time to play it. Although the music on WW+CF is superior to NL.
I actually found my brothers old cartridge earlier today and started a new town and got quite into it. Nostalgia makes it fun to play but I don't think I'll play it much after a week or so.

Started playing again yesterday because my New Leaf town is too much work to maintain. Plucked all the weeds, did a bunch of favors and discovered there's a fossil that's impossibly hidden somewhere... wish wi-fi still worked so someone could help me look.

Back then, I had a GameCube. Unfortunately, I never got to try out the original animal crossing.
BUT, I got Wild World for my DS Lite if that counts.
Let's just say, I played it everyday when I got it.
I bawled every time I saw Resetti, because I didn't know how to save. I had to get my brother to do the sequence for me or I just wouldn't play it for the rest of the day.
Now that I look back at Wild World, I hate it. Sure, plenty of childhood memories in there, but the game itself was just a pain the arse.
Like everyone says, New Leaf is FAR superior than Wild World. ;P

Back then, I had a GameCube. Unfortunately, I never got to try out the original animal crossing.
BUT, I got Wild World for my DS Lite if that counts.
Let's just say, I played it everyday when I got it.
I bawled every time I saw Resetti, because I didn't know how to save. I had to get my brother to do the sequence for me or I just wouldn't play it for the rest of the day.
Now that I look back at Wild World, I hate it. Sure, plenty of childhood memories in there, but the game itself was just a pain the arse.
Like everyone says, New Leaf is FAR superior than Wild World. ;P
so you're the guy that made Nintendo nerf Resetti lol

Anyway I couldn't control my urges to play New Leaf so I'm playing both that and WW. I'm gonna burn out so fast. Also turns out WW only has 3 fossil spawns a day, I literally wasted hours trying to find something that's not there.

I just picked up the game for the first time in over two years and made a new town a few days ago! I had gotten tired of it before, especially with New Leaf being an objectively better game, but after a long break (and also stopping playing New Leaf because I didn't want to maintain my town anymore) I'm falling in love with Wild World all over again. It's simpler than New Leaf yet holds so much nostalgia, and playing it again is making me happier. Not to mention that Walker was the first villager to move into my new town after playing for years before and never getting him. :p

I'm going to stop playing very soon. The hobbies are annoying, seems like villagers have no interest in being your friend they just want furniture. Also the villager wanting to move every 2 days thing is stressful. Snake wants to move for the second time in a week :( to anyone else still playing: be careful! Snake was walking around outside this morning and I expected him to bug me for a fossil like he has been the past few days but he didn't so I went to his house in the afternoon to give him his fossil and he was in boxes! (So glad I went but then again there's still a chance he'll move..)

I love it, but after discovering the money doubling glitch, I'm constantly tempted to double all the time.

I honestly can't remember the last time I played. Maybe about a year after NL came out, so I could delete my town and give it to my boyfriend. It brought back so many memories being hooked to that game; it was my first ever AC.

Hey!!! I just started playing again as well and I'm looking for someone to come visit my town to I can get the upgrade at nooks. Let me know if you want to exchange codes!!

I've been trying to find my old DS so that I can walk through my old town again and see who has stuck around!The graphics might not be as updated as New Leaf but it was still really fun, I played it for years and never got tired of it. There is quite a bit that I miss in Wild World that I can't find in New Leaf.

Not too recently, but there was a time four years ago that my old town totally engrossed me. I was ill and played for hours and hours making patterns, landscaping, and rekindling old friendships with my neighbours. Reading about Wild World here makes me want to pick it up again. I never forget about it - my first AC game :)

I attempted to play it like a month ago, but after playing New Leaf for so long ACWW just seems too boring and the possibilities are too few.I mean I really loved it like a child and played it for years, but now it is just like a brick in a lonely Savannah.

Back