• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I need help with storage.

Chick

Bells
Winter Mittens
IMG_3997.JPG

Right now, this is my town. It's not good looking. Wallpapers, Flooring, and furniture are all over the place. I'm telling you that there's about one hundred more furnitures on the ground, all around my town. Right now, my locker space is full. I don't want to make another character in my town, because that would take up space in my town, and I have planned out plots for PWP's and dreamies' houses. I also don't want to crowd furniture inside my house since I'm willing to make a DA. I sold some of the orderable stuff I had lying on the floor, but most of the stuff I have on the ground is Unorderable. Can anybody give me feedback on where I should store my items?
Thanks.

That's a lot of items... Go through them and really think about which ones you'll actually end up using. I also had wayyy too much items, and so I had to sort through what I'm actually going to use and what I want to keep just for the sake of it. I doubt you'll end up using 100+ items in your house. If your secret storage and locker are both full, and you aren't willing to make another character, that seems to be the only option. (But if you found someone you trusted who's willing to hold all that stuff, that would work as well..)
(Another thing: Have you used all the exhibits in your museum as well? I guess I sorta assumed you did. If not, there's those as well.)

Last edited:
Have you expanded the museum?

Otherwise, a second character really helps even though I know you don't want one. I was able to place mine in an out of the way spot I wasn't using.

Walk around your town and have a think, then go through the motions with the Nook man and see what's possible. You don't have to go through with anything if you're not happy.

Just sort the stuff that you actually would use in your mayor's house, and sell the rest of the stuff you probably will never ever use to people on the forums. I sold most of my snowman, ice, and mush stuff (i'm saying stuff a lot) because I was not planning on a winter wonderland or a mushroom forest room anytime soon.

Hope this helps~

That's a lot of items... Go through them and really think about which ones you'll actually end up using. I also had wayyy too much items, and so I had to sort through what I'm actually going to use and what I want to keep just for the sake of it. I doubt you'll end up using 100+ items in your house. If your secret storage and locker are both full, and you aren't willing to make another character, that seems to be the only option. (But if you found someone you trusted who's willing to hold all that stuff, that would work as well..)
(Another thing: Have you used all the exhibits in your museum as well? I guess I sorta assumed you did. If not, there's those as well.)

Well, that's a good point. I haven't yet used my Museum Exhibits. Although they're expensive, I think I could squeeze stuff in there. Thanks for your input!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Have you expanded the museum?

Otherwise, a second character really helps even though I know you don't want one. I was able to place mine in an out of the way spot I wasn't using.

Walk around your town and have a think, then go through the motions with the Nook man and see what's possible. You don't have to go through with anything if you're not happy.

True, but I don't know a good area to put my second house, if I still have furniture remaining. Even if I need to make a second character, I have to make them look good and put stuff inside their house, for the sake of the dream address. I guess that if I'm going to make a second character, I should save half of the space for the items, and half the space for actual gameplay.
Thank you for your suggestion!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Just sort the stuff that you actually would use in your mayor's house, and sell the rest of the stuff you probably will never ever use to people on the forums. I sold most of my snowman, ice, and mush stuff (i'm saying stuff a lot) because I was not planning on a winter wonderland or a mushroom forest room anytime soon.

Hope this helps~
Oh! That's a great point. I remember that I have the Snowman, Ice, Mush and Pav? sets. Now that I think about it, if I ever need them again, I could just achieve them manually, during those holiday events. Or if I'm in desperate need of it, I could just buy them quickly off the forums. Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Hey!
Have you thought about getting the secret storeroom?
That gives you 360 more spaces to store items :D
You can get it by going to tom nook, asking him to expand by an extra room and clicking 'Secret Storeroom'.
If you've already done this..O my.. XD

Hope this helped!x

Back