How do I reset villagers clothing?

Pancake225

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
While I was catching bugs , Pate stopped me and asked to buy a samurai suit (The suit is not a custom design).
Unfortunately when I sold it to her she changed her outfit and wore it. (That moment I realized I screwed up).
My Q is : Is there anyway for villagers to reset their clothing back to original?
Thanks! :confused:

EDIT: I did not deisgn the suit. Its created originally by the game. Iam not sure if reporting it to Isabelle as a "problematic citizen" will help since the design is officially made by Nintendo/AC and it cannot be harmful/inappropriate.

Last edited:
You can mail the villager a shirt (in your case the original one) and the next day they can either place it in their house or wear the shirt! Make sure it is a shirt and only a shirt because they won't wear anything else :) If you send them the shirt a couple of times then the odds of them wearing it increases

You can mail the villager a shirt (in your case the original one) and the next day they can either place it in their house or wear the shirt! Make sure it is a shirt and only a shirt because they won't wear anything else :) If you send them the shirt a couple of times then the odds of them wearing it increases

Ohh! Thank you so much! Do shirts with long sleeves work as well?

I think it's fine as long as it's a shirt and not a dress. You can also carry the shirt with you so the next time they ask to buy it then you can sell it to them! I heard that they also change to whatever clothing you give them on their birthday but I don't recommend it since you'll need to time travel (and I have no concrete proof I just read it from somewhere)

Ohh! Thank you so much! Do shirts with long sleeves work as well?

Yeah, anything would work, as only the front and back are shown
The only thing that wouldn't work to my knowledge would be a dress, and I many even be wrong about that

OR, You could just go to Isabelle and ask her to reset her clothing!
Talk to her
Press "Problematic Citizens"
Press "Yeah."
Choose the villager you want to reset something (for example, Pate.)
Then, just press "Her clothes are wrong."
Then, "Yes. make her stop!'
The next day, her clothing will be set back to default.
Cheers!

Edit: The game makes it seem bad, but it resets her clothing anyway. don't worry!

Last edited:
OR, You could just go to Isabelle and ask her to reset her clothing!
Talk to her
Press "Problematic Citizens"
Press "Yeah."
Choose the villager you want to reset something (for example, Pate.)
Then, just press "Her clothes are wrong."
Then, "Yes. make her stop!'
The next day, her clothing will be set back to default.
Cheers!

This only works if it is a QR design from another town in case someone made an inappropriate design and you want to change it. It has no effect on clothing from the game or QR designs from your own town!!

It usually works for me. Are you sure?

It never worked for me and they usually end up changing into something else. It wouldn't hurt to try though, maybe I just have bad luck :p

Never mind, I guess it doesn't work. Just ignore my post and listen to ikeafanboy (My silverware and dishes are from Ikea lmao)

I just mail them a shirt. It has worked for me every single time, often the same day if I can catch the post before Pete's last round.

It ought to be a shirt that's to their taste though. People often forget that. They won't just wear any old thing.

Last edited:
You can get the original shirt and mail it to them, they'll put it in their house but, 9 x out of 10, they won't wear it. xx
Sorry If this wasn't helpful x

Back