Opinion on cicadas?

Do you like cicadas?

• I love the sound of cicadas in NL!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • I'm okay with it.

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • I absolutely hate that retched noise they make!

Votes: 18 35.3%

• Total voters

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Nature Nuts 🐿️
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Spring Sakura
Aurora Easter Egg
Bluebird of Happiness Plush
Dreamy Easter Egg
Spring Sakura
Sweet Feather
Glam Feather
Heart Glow Wand
Pink Feather
Purple Feather
K so as you all may know, cicadas come out in July and August in NL. Personally, I think they're really annoying and I just can't stand to hear the noise they make all the time (I don't really like a lot of weird noise anyways so cicadas don't help).

My game is currently still stuck in May because I went on hiatus for like 2 months and I'm too lazy to work my way back up to the normal date. But I'm not upset about it at all cause that just means I get to peacefully walk around Boston without having those annoying lil turds all over the place.

I love cicadas in real life but I can't stand them in-game.

I HATE THEM SO MUCH
I wish if there's some kind of spray in the game to can kill them all.
HAHAHAHAHAH
:cool:

Last edited:
Where I live we don't have cicadas, so I was very shocked to hear 50 random bugs screaming as I walked around in my town. Not a fan in the slightest...

Yeah i love hearing cicadas in real life, although i dont mind them in game i cant say i love them

I like the sound as well. It's one of my fondest memories in Animal Crossing over the years... Hearing the cicadas. We don't have cicadas here so it's a little bit of extra summer for me. ^^

I think the sound in the game really jars with the peaceful music & funky tunes. The sound in rl is much better though

I love the sound of cicadas in real life! In game...well, I enjoy them a lot the first weeks or so, but they become quickly annoying

I'm ok with them, they do get on my nerves sometimes but I like them. I kind of like the noise because I feel like it gives my town "more life" if that makes any sense. It's so boring when I'm walking around and it's completely quiet.

Ahh the sounds of summer...
Cicadas: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Very relaxing.
(Seriously, i hate them. I love it when it rains.)

I am generally happy when I first hear them, because it means summer, but I quickly tire of the constant noise. I've already caught museum exhibits, so more I just chase them off the trees.

yeah cicadas are great and all, hearing them once and a while is almost relaxing until 10 more show up and begin to do that noise all together, making a symphony of my ears wanting to explode.

all in all 60/10 would cicada again

I hate them, I hate the noise they make, I hate how they look. Cut down my trees for the summer because of them.

I liked the cicada sounds for mayyybe 3 days before I started getting annoyed- they're fine for a while, but they're EVERYWHERE and i like listening to the peaceful music w/o the ugly croaking! i like their sounds irl though! :blush:

They don't really bother me. I am OK with them. I really enjoy them the first few days they are out and then they are just there. If for some reason I become really annoyed with them, I just turn my volume down.

I live in a very urban place and rarely hear the sound of cicadas, so far it's been a lot of fun to have them in my village.

So far it's not being annoying at all and I hope it stays that way.

Sometimes I walk around my village with the low volume, not because of them, but I think it can help me love them. Hehe

We don't get cicadas where I live so I love the noise while I play NL, it makes it feel more summery.

Back