• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Other than the emoji movie, what's the worst animated film?

Alolan_Apples

Apple Imperialist
Apple 🍎
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Since the emoji movie is in theaters right now, being trashed by critics, I decided to make a thread asking for your opinion on what animated movie, besides the emoji movie, is the worst.

And if you think Beauty and the Beast or The Lion King is, then get out

Personally, I would go with Thumbelina as the worst animated film if this were the case. The songs were really dumb. It's kind of like The Little Mermaid (even Jodi Benson was the voice of Thumbelina), but only a disaster. But in more recent times, the Nut Job did a nutty job as the worst animated film. I can't believe they're making a second one. If the first movie was terrible, then why make another?

I heard that Norm of the North is pretty bad. I watched Nostalgia Critic's review on it, and I like laughed the whole time it was so stupid XDDD

Oh and of course all those knock-off movies like Plan Bee and Tappy Toes. They are a disgrace to the film industry.

Either:

Foodfight - Awful motion capture sponsor deal, starring Charlie Sheen, enough said.

The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning - It's Footlose, but without feet...

Man, The Nut Job was absolutely dreadful, no reason to make a sequel besides money, and that was one of the stupidest corporate moves I've seen in a while, even with the factor of money

oh my god the emoji movie's reviews are soo bad

my nan bought puss and boots from a second-hand shop and the disk inside was a really really ****ty version of it

- - - Post Merge - - -

IT WAS LIKE A WALMART PUSS IN BOOTS INSIDE A GUCCI PUSS AND BOOTS DISK CASE

- - - Post Merge - - -

51Ig4JBKBBL.jpg

it is so terrible, we turned it off because it was just SO BAD

Since the emoji movie is in theaters right now, being trashed by critics, I decided to make a thread asking for your opinion on what animated movie, besides the emoji movie, is the worst.

And if you think Beauty and the Beast or The Lion King is, then get out

Personally, I would go with Thumbelina as the worst animated film if this were the case. The songs were really dumb. It's kind of like The Little Mermaid (even Jodi Benson was the voice of Thumbelina), but only a disaster. But in more recent times, the Nut Job did a nutty job as the worst animated film. I can't believe they're making a second one. If the first movie was terrible, then why make another?

Holy crap. You think Thumbelina is the worst?

Click this link.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt2256613/

You will literally cringe at the film itself. The worst depiction of a book, and it's a rip-off too!

Also, If you want the worst rip-offs, Check out Asylum studios. They make a living off making "mockbusters"
I wish they can just be erased from existence.

I LOVED NUT JOB! I don't understand why they say it's the worst animated film. At least they made it original! And their animation isnt even close to bad.

Well I'm not a fan of those semi-old Didney or whatnot adaptions of either of those I would get kicked for but sure :rolleyes:

I'd have to say that sausage movie that came out though. I mean I thought it'd be my kind of humor to laugh at, but tbh I was disappointed since it was pretty slow for that and had a bit too long starting time to even get somewhere for my taste. (I don't mind slow movies but yeah sitting on a shelf and just "talking".. nah)

Holy crap. You think Thumbelina is the worst?

Click this link.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt2256613/

You will literally cringe at the film itself. The worst depiction of a book, and it's a rip-off too!

Even though Foodfight, the Emoji Movie, and Nut Job did poorly, I still thought the worst of the animated films all come from the 1990's. When the animated movies at the time aren't made or owned by Disney, they suck really badly. There were a few exceptions to that rule at the time, but the ones that aren't are worse than the bad animated films in the 21st century.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Definitley Frozen.

And what do you have against it? Is it the overhype?

anything by dingo pictures
ugly ripoffs w/ like no story and awful sound. will make u want to Die.

also i personally really dislike barbie movies (and other films like them lol) because theyre almost always just 80 minute long commercials for barbie and they have like 3 different stories they use for like 15 movies hhhdhshshgg. i mean i know im not in their demographic and im sure lots pf kids like them but they are just so bad ):

also lol look, hate on frozen (or shrek or stupid sequels or any other popular animated movie 4 kids) or whatever all you want but the movies are actually well made. they have good storytelling, the animation is good, the sound and music is well made and all that stuff. there are a bunch of stupid movies with uninspired and boring writing and story thst still are well made.
just because you don't like the story or w/e doesnt mean that it is a bad movie, like, there are so many horrible animated movies to choose from and u decide to choose frozen.... ok.

Yeah Barbie film and generally most toy/trend movies are more like 80 minutes ads indeed lol.

Well I tend not to like those obvious family oriented animations because they usually are a bit corny and trying to have REALLY DEEP AND MEANINGFUL messages.

Dear lord, where to start:

Also, I don't know about a ton of animated movies because well, they aren't usually good...

- Land Before Time: number 1---however many they made, like 10 or something?
- Barbie anything
- Anything with singing characters! (I don't like musicals either though, like nobody just has an entire crew of friends that are always there to back them up with a spontaneous dance. "Good thing we choreographed this one, right?" or "I'm feeling depressed...let me start singing a depressing song and all my buds will pop out of the bushes and we'll harmonize. Like wtf, they popped out of the bushes! is that not disturbing??)
- Dora/Diego
- VegeTales lmao

That's all I have rn haha

anything by dingo pictures
ugly ripoffs w/ like no story and awful sound. will make u want to Die.

also i personally really dislike barbie movies (and other films like them lol) because theyre almost always just 80 minute long commercials for barbie and they have like 3 different stories they use for like 15 movies hhhdhshshgg. i mean i know im not in their demographic and im sure lots pf kids like them but they are just so bad ):

also lol look, hate on frozen (or shrek or stupid sequels or any other popular animated movie 4 kids) or whatever all you want but the movies are actually well made. they have good storytelling, the animation is good, the sound and music is well made and all that stuff. there are a bunch of stupid movies with uninspired and boring writing and story thst still are well made.
just because you don't like the story or w/e doesnt mean that it is a bad movie, like, there are so many horrible animated movies to choose from and u decide to choose frozen.... ok.

It amazes me how much of the internet refuses to respect someone's opinion. Even on a so-called "generally positive" community.

Mind you, I've seen over hundreds of animated movies. I stopped watching them years ago, though.

Last edited:
It amazes me how much of the internet refuses to respect someone's opinion. Even on a so-called "generally positive" community.

Mind you, I've seen over hundreds of animated movies. I stopped watching them years ago, though.

That's because when you're legitimately saying Frozen is the worst animated movie, especially compared to the hundreds you've seen, it's hard to take it as your genuine opinion and not some kinda dated bandwagoning...Especially when literally all you said is "Definitley Frozen" without any actual reasoning to it.

Having the opinion is fine but c'mon, is Frozen really among the worst out there? Really?

Foodfight is definitely the worst animated movie I know of but for one I have actually seen..?? It's hard to come up with anything on the top of my head but I guess I would say Boss Baby, I just didn't particularly think anything was good or funny about it and the concept itself came off and really silly to me.

Sausage Party... like seriously, just awful.

As for kid's animated films pretty much any of those sad knock offs, or Veggie Tales, all of Veggie Tales as a whole, was forced to watch them at my Christian daycare growing up and I am still salty about it.

Sausage Party... like seriously, just awful.

More than just awful. The fact it's about grocery products kinda gives us the Toy Story vibe, but the subject matter makes it more offensive than what South Park has become. And yes, I seen it and every South Park episode from Season 17 and later, but from what I seen from South Park, it's still tame compared to that disgusting film while being at the pinnacle of its own offensiveness.

I never knew that the film industry can get that extreme. I wanted to see it since it was about the perspective of food being tortured by humans, but I regret seeing it since I don't like adult content in general.

More than just awful. The fact it's about grocery products kinda gives us the Toy Story vibe, but the subject matter makes it more offensive than what South Park has become. And yes, I seen it and every South Park episode from Season 17 and later, but from what I seen from South Park, it's still tame compared to that disgusting film while being at the pinnacle of its own offensiveness.

I never knew that the film industry can get that extreme. I wanted to see it since it was about the perspective of food being tortured by humans, but I regret seeing it since I don't like adult content in general.

Well I mean even beyond the sex stuff that really was NOT necessary at all, just the whole idea behind it was just so wrong, just so so wrong... I am shamed each time I log on to my amazon streaming and see that horrible purchase I made... IT HAUNTS ME (I am sure it's probably better under the influence but yeah not for me...)

Last edited:
Back