• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Other than the emoji movie, what's the worst animated film?

Well I mean even beyond the sex stuff that really was NOT necessary at all, just the whole idea behind it was just so wrong, just so so wrong... I am shamed each time I log on to my amazon streaming and see that horrible purchase I made... IT HAUNTS ME (I am sure it's probably better under the influence but yeah not for me...)

I regret watching Sausage Party..
Way too many adult references. To the EXTREME!
I wish I can erase that memory. Especially the ending.

I don't know if Finding Dory counts, but I do believe it is a rip off/copy of Finding Nemo. (which is the greatest movie since dinosaurs were extinct.) - even though it came out afterwards.

There's a bunch actually, but just the one's I've seen.

1.Frozen. The animation was gorgeous, but the story just didn't hold up.
It's like they had different teams of people working on each part without talking to each other, the story didn't flow or make sense.
One song shouldn't carry the whole film.

2.Watership Down. I bought it thinking it was a kids film for the kids I watch sometimes. I am SO glad I watched if first.

3. Most Don Bluth films, not so much that the'yre bad, but they get oddly sexual and always have a really creepy monster. Titan A.E was epic though. Speaking of Epic..

4. Epic. That was a great concept, but poor execution. Very confusing. Why did they seriously kiss at the end?

The original barbie movies were pretty good, I watched them a lot the one's they've made in the last 8-10 years are pretty cheesy though.
And I like Veggietales. They've gotten me through some rough patched in life, they can get cheesy, (the newer one especially) but they still hold truth.

5.Most things animated and animated things disney has come up with for their channel in the last 8 years.

Last edited:
There's a bunch actually, but just the one's I've seen.

1.Frozen. The animation was gorgeous, but the story just didn't hold up.
It's like they had different teams of people working on each part without talking to each other, the story didn't flow or make sense.
One song shouldn't carry the whole film.

2.Watership Down. I bought it thinking it was a kids film for the kids I watch sometimes. I am SO glad I watched if first.

3. Most Don Bluth films, not so much that the'yre bad, but they get oddly sexual and always have a really creepy monster. Titan A.E was epic though. Speaking of Epic..

4. Epic. That was a great concept, but poor execution. Very confusing. Why did they seriously kiss at the end?

The original barbie movies were pretty good, I watched them a lot the one's they've made in the last 8-10 years are pretty cheesy though.
And I like Veggietales. They've gotten me through some rough patched in life, they can get cheesy, (the newer one especially) but they still hold truth.

5.Most things animated and animated things disney has come up with for their channel in the last 8 years.

I named Thumbelina in the first post for it's dumb musicals. With the exception of "Be your Wings" or whatever the song is called, I don't know any good song coming from that movie. Heck, compare the songs to Disney's worst songs or the songs in the other Don Bluth movies or other "non-Disney" animated movie, and Thumbelina's songs are exceptionally bad (especially "If you follow your heart"). Even The Troll in Central Park was the better Don Bluth movie of the year. People consider The Troll in Central Park to be Don Bluth at his worst, and I can agree that the cast of characters is no better than Thumbelina's, but at least the music is better.

Despite how bad animated films are today, non-Disney animated films have improved a lot since the 1990's. Between 1989 to 1994, I couldn't name a single animated movie not made by Disney or Touchstone that was actually good. Between 1995 to 1999, non-Disney animation (including Dreamworks) started to come up with a few decent films. In my opinion, Anastasia was the best animated film coming from Don Bluth. It's even better than Disney's Hercules (both movies coming out in 1997).

That's because when you're legitimately saying Frozen is the worst animated movie, especially compared to the hundreds you've seen, it's hard to take it as your genuine opinion and not some kinda dated bandwagoning...Especially when literally all you said is "Definitley Frozen" without any actual reasoning to it.

Having the opinion is fine but c'mon, is Frozen really among the worst out there? Really?

The thread asked a question, and I answered it.

Also, Frozen isn't just the worst animated flim out there, it is the worst film period besides The Emoji Movie, of course, and Justin Bieber Never Say Never.

Last edited:
I don't know if Finding Dory counts, but I do believe it is a rip off/copy of Finding Nemo. (which is the greatest movie since dinosaurs were extinct.) - even though it came out afterwards.

*Cough* excuse me, Finding Dory was Made and PRODUCED by the same people who made Finding Nemo. In fact, it's a sequel
(Idk if your talking about another finding Dory, but just saying!)

I do not watch animated movies, at all really. I choose not to. But my least favorite that I have watched is Monster House.

I don't really watch movies at all for that matter, can't get into 'em.

Food Fight probably. Cars is pretty gross too.

I do not watch animated movies, at all really. I choose not to. But my least favorite that I have watched is Monster House.

I don't really watch movies at all for that matter, can't get into 'em.

Totally forgot about Monster House. Somehow, I can't remember much from my early to mid-teenage years when it comes to film. Here are some opinions about what I think about animation:

- Stuff like Dinosaur, Chicken Little, and Home on the Range aren't that bad compared to the animated films we mostly talked about here, but the reason why they were terrible was because they were made by Disney, and by Disney's standards, they are horrible. Even the six packaged films during the 1940's were better.
- Between Oliver & Company (1988) and The Emperor's New Groove (2000), nearly every theatrical animated film not made by Disney, Pixar, or Dreamworks sucks. In fact, these are usually at the bottom of the barrel of animation.
- From 2001 to 2005, the only animated film I can name that was very, very, very bad was Shark Tale.
- From 2006 to 2009, the only good animated films and average animated films were made by Pixar, Dreamworks, and Disney. There are some exceptions, but very rare.
- Since 2011, there has been at least one animated film that was very, very, very bad each year. This year, the Emoji Movie is that movie.
- The majority of direct-to-video animated films (especially those Disney ones) were stupid.

Above all, animation has gotten a lot better when it came to film, with non-Disney animation improving after 1999, Disney animation improving after 2008, and most animation improving after 2009.

Pocahontas 2. They tried to fix the historical mistakes they made in the first one and just ended up creating a mess.

Its weird seeing someone not liking Anything made by pixar... ( cars dory.. )

But id have to say food fight ILLUMINATION (as a whole) and planes bc disney made it not pixar so it wasnt as good
Also brave ( did you see what came out that year? Ps its wreck it Ralph )

Ps give what those 12 - 4 y old girls what they want and make frozen2 not frozen the Christmas special etc etc

Its weird seeing someone not liking Anything made by pixar... ( cars dory.. )

But id have to say food fight ILLUMINATION (as a whole) and planes bc disney made it not pixar so it wasnt as good
Also brave ( did you see what came out that year? Ps its wreck it Ralph )

Ps give what those 12 - 4 y old girls what they want and make frozen2 not frozen the Christmas special etc etc

I used to like Frozen a lot. I actually did. But after the overhype and after watching it 6 times within four months, I lost interest. In fact, I don't even think it's the best animated Disney movie since The Lion King anymore. But I do not think it's a bad movie either. It deserved these successes it achieved, but I'm not going to say that it is one of the best Disney movies.

Most of those knockoff animations, honestly. Especially Foodfight lmaoooo. I don't really watch animated films outside of Disney so I don't really know about too many bad films.

Totally forgot about Monster House. Somehow, I can't remember much from my early to mid-teenage years when it comes to film. Here are some opinions about what I think about animation:

- Stuff like Dinosaur, Chicken Little, and Home on the Range aren't that bad compared to the animated films we mostly talked about here, but the reason why they were terrible was because they were made by Disney, and by Disney's standards, they are horrible. Even the six packaged films during the 1940's were better.
- Between Oliver & Company (1988) and The Emperor's New Groove (2000), nearly every theatrical animated film not made by Disney, Pixar, or Dreamworks sucks. In fact, these are usually at the bottom of the barrel of animation.
- From 2001 to 2005, the only animated film I can name that was very, very, very bad was Shark Tale.
- From 2006 to 2009, the only good animated films and average animated films were made by Pixar, Dreamworks, and Disney. There are some exceptions, but very rare.
- Since 2011, there has been at least one animated film that was very, very, very bad each year. This year, the Emoji Movie is that movie.
- The majority of direct-to-video animated films (especially those Disney ones) were stupid.

Above all, animation has gotten a lot better when it came to film, with non-Disney animation improving after 1999, Disney animation improving after 2008, and most animation improving after 2009.

For some reason I find a vast majority of Dreamworks and Disney movies nauseating. I love Lilo and stitch, finding nemo, and all of the toy story movies, but I can't even think of any others I like from the top of my head.

I was forced to watch frozen and it drove me nuts, none of them are likable enough to constantly pay attention to IMO.

For some reason I find a vast majority of Dreamworks and Disney movies nauseating. I love Lilo and stitch, finding nemo, and all of the toy story movies, but I can't even think of any others I like from the top of my head.

I was forced to watch frozen and it drove me nuts, none of them are likable enough to constantly pay attention to IMO.

You know, I am more of a live action person nowadays. But I still like some of the animated films. But when it comes to animation, Disney was better off when they made the Lion King and any animated film that came out before Lion King than they were in the post-Lion King era (including Frozen and Zootopia). I know not all of the pre-Lion King era was all that good (The Black Cauldron being one of the lackluster films at the time), but the quality of the newer ones couldn't live up to the expectations of the older films. When it comes to Dreamworks, none of the animated films released before Shrek were bad. I say they started to get worse when Shrek 2 and Shark Tale came out. Pixar only went rotten from 2011 to 2013, but they recovered quickly.

Last edited:
Nine Lives. The cat movie with Kevin Spacey. me and my friend went only for the reason that its a cat movie and we love cats. But it was gosh awful...

// sees all the posts saying foodfight
I have no idea what this is but it can't be that bad right??
// searches it up
you frickity fricks that was the most hideous thing I've ever seen in my life

anyway I don't get all the frozen hate, like yeah it got a lot of overhype but it's actually a pretty decent movie - on the higher side of average maybe? (which is saying a lot coming from me bc I have an irrational dislike of princess films)

Honestly, I'd say that the worst animated movie is the nut job 2. I haven't seen it, but I can already tell it's gonna be horrid

I don't know why people like Lilo and Stitch. I watched it and hated it. Lilo was awful to Stitch and it's just sad and weird.

Last edited:
Back