• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Other than the emoji movie, what's the worst animated film?

// sees all the posts saying foodfight
I have no idea what this is but it can't be that bad right??
// searches it up
you frickity fricks that was the most hideous thing I've ever seen in my life

anyway I don't get all the frozen hate, like yeah it got a lot of overhype but it's actually a pretty decent movie - on the higher side of average maybe? (which is saying a lot coming from me bc I have an irrational dislike of princess films)

So Foodfight seems to be worse than Emoji movie. One thing I learned is that Foodfight has been in production for over 10 years, yet it still did poorly. But I'm still going with the Emoji movie as the worst animated film.

As for the Frozen hate, one rule you have to follow is that when something has a lot of fans, there's gonna be a lot of haters. That's why Frozen had a lot of hate. It's because it's popular. But there are some problems people have pointed out with Frozen.

- It violated the Disney Princess tradition and/or mocked Disney's history
- The plot was rushed and had other problems
- Olaf the snowman was annoying (I don't agree with that, but plenty has)
- Some songs (more specifically "Fixer Upper" and "In Summer") were actually terrible, but that's common with all Disney movies.
- One song dominated the whole movie (not inside, but outside)
- Compare it to Tangled, the characters seem like dumbed-down versions of Tangled's characters.
- The villain was lame compared to other Disney villains (had no own song either).

I can say that most of this is true, but what bothers people is that many say that it was the best movie ever, or at least the best Disney movie, best animated film, or even best Disney animated film when others are aware of the problems. They're also bothered by how "Let it Go" was played too many times.

Personally, I thought Frozen was the best Disney movie within the first three months from its release, but now I wouldn't even say it's the best Disney animated feature since The Lion King. Currently, my favorite animated film to be released after Lion King is The Hunchback of Notre Dame. I found Frozen to be overrated, but I still think it's the best animated film to be released in 2013. And it's just as over-hated as it's overrated. I'm not taking sides.

i would say foodfight , however , i heard that foodfight was once going to be a really good movie back in 2002 (?) but then the movie tapes got stolen. still , pretty mediocre work for a movie developed for 10 years , but im assuming between 2002 (?) - 2010 they took the project as dead and then in 2011 - 2012 started the development , but this time probably got rushed out and came out horrible.

Foodfight is probably the worst. Not only was it super expensive to make, and god ugly, it had an "all-star" cast (charlie sheen, hilary duff, etc.). It looks like one of those movies where you can make fun of it with some friends, but it's not. It's B A D.

This 80's Russian cartoon of Treasure Planet

The animation was terrible to begin with and to make matters worse they reused so many frames. It was nauseating to watch, and that's coming from someone who genuinely enjoys terrible movies

from what I remember; A Bug's Life, Chicken Little and those half-assed Open Season sequels

I genuinely think everybody here would enjoy the YouTube channel PhantomStrider.

That being said, I don't think I HATE any animated films. Dislike, maybe. But I can't think of any right now.

Last edited:
Back