Votes: 8 9.0%
  • Just some brands.

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Just the ones tasting like anise.

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • No, it's disgusting!

Votes: 56 62.9%

• Total voters
Red licorice is alright. Black licorice? Get the **** outta my face with that bull****.

I've never had black licorice but I have had red licorice, which I hated, so I'd probably hate black licorice too.

I wrote "black licorice" because North Americans call licorice Twizzlers and stuff like that. Of course I'm talking about the taste of confectioneries flavored with the extract of the roots of the licorice and/or anise and not especially black Twizzlers (which I never tried).
Black licorice can have any shape.

Most of them. There is a brand that does licorice shaped like tires that is yuck and not a fan of this "fresh Finnish licorice" bags they sell here bc it tastes crap but generally yea I like it.

We don't have a lot of brands were I live, Panda is good and I also liked Fazer Lakritsi, but I didn't like Halva filled licorice that much.
Once I got a bag of cheap one in dollar store and it was awful. I think it was Wiley Wallaby.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Never tasted candle XD

Last edited:
I don't like any type of licorice. It's probably the only "sweet" snack that I won't eat.

I don't like MOST licorice, but I have had a few nice kinds before. I mean, I like the flavor of licorice, but not fake licorice flavor? When I was a kid we'd go hiking and pick wild licorice plants to chew on. I've had some foreign brand licorice treats that my mom was given as a gift and they tasted good, so I think it has to be like, natural flavored or something, I'm not sure. Most American black licorice flavored things I can not stand at all. I spit out black jellybeans or just avoid them. =/

no.i don't like black licorice. it leaves a bad taste in my mouth for some reason

i can handle red licorice though!

Last edited:
Black licorice is nasty but I do like strawberry licorice.

But strawberry licorice is not licorice!

;)

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's so delicious! But not the American brands, well I don't know about all brands but some were just awful, no wonder why people dislike it.

I know the feeling nobody I know likes the stuff. It's always been one of my favorite candys.

i think i've had this once but it didn't really leave an impression on me so i guess i'm neutral? u___u

As a Dutchie, I do like it, but only some kinds. I prefer the sweet and soft ones, and I usually don't like the sour/hard ones much. My dad loves it though. :p

Back