Switch
1404-3604-3427
Coco
New Leaf Token
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Blue Hybrid Pansy
Lobo
Leif
Does anyone else here have seasonal residents?

What I mean by that is a villager that you move in, but only for a specified period of time, usually a season like spring, summer, fall, or winter. I have Bud in my town as a temporary summer resident and will move him out at the end of August when school starts.

I've never actually heard of this, but i'm probably too attached to the ones I want I doubt I'll change them.

This just sounds like too much work to me. I don't care if that makes me sound lazy, either.

i don’t, but that seems like a really cool idea! i think my only issue with having seasonal villagers would be that unless i had all their amiibo cards, it would be a big struggle to get the same villager back next season. unless you got rid of four+ villagers each season, so that by the time you get to the beginning of the season the next year, you’d have gone through the 16 villager cycle?? idk it just seems like too much work for little old me :blush: also! think of all the plot resetting i’d have to do!! i already get so traumatic over the occasional plot resetting i do for my current residents but wow i’d be so salty all time if i had to do that many plot resets every season ;;;; it’s a really cool and cute idea, don’t get me wrong (imagine all the color schemes!! like, matching them with the grass and trees!!!), but i think it’s not for me :’)

I've actually been thinking of this as an option for future games. It would be extremely cute to have returning seasonal visitors. They would be registered with Town Hall, so that their return could be set to a specific day.

Never heard of this idea before, but it sounds pretty cool.
I'm actually working to get a perfect town of villagers though, so to throw my hard work out the drain by simply removing a villager that i've befriended would be a hard thing to do.
Also, I'm still in the stage of growing my town all these years later, as I've only recently started to take gardening seriously so If I ever was to do this, It wouldn't be any time soon. x

Well the idea (at least for me) isn't that you have to move Bud back in the next summer (using Bud as an example). Just that you can choose to have a villager slot rotated for the seasons, and you can bring in whoever you would like to represent that season!

Course, if you WANT to have Bud in for next summer that's fine too but a lot of work!

My current plan is to have Flip in the fall, Iggly for the winter, and Julian in the spring.

Last edited:
Well the idea (at least for me) isn't that you have to move Bud back in the next summer (using Bud as an example). Just that you can choose to have a villager slot rotated for the seasons, and you can bring in whoever you would like to represent that season!

Course, if you WANT to have Bud in for next summer that's fine too but a lot of work!

My current plan is to have Flip in the fall, Iggly for the winter, and Julian in the spring.

Oh, that's a cool idea! Then you get someone new in the mix consistently. :)

Oh, that's a cool idea! Then you get someone new in the mix consistently. :)

Thanks! Yeah, I love my villagers but it can get boring having the same 10 all the time, so having someone new to interact with helps keep things more engaging for me. :)

No. Villagers are supposed to live with you thro all seasons. Good and bad.
I Dont understand why would you get a seasonal villager. ?
also , How do you classify villagers into seasons?

Last edited:
i've never heard of this before but it's certainly interesting and different! i'm too attached to any of my villagers to have them come in my town only at certain seasons.

i've never heard of a seasonal villager before. it's unique, but i think it would stress me the hell out. i plan on having a few permanent residents, but the rest can come and go as they please whenever just to keep things fresh.

It's an interesting idea, but feels a bit too much work and I'd feel bad. It's not like you can 'tell' the villagers that it's only a temporary thing!

Oh, I get too attached to my villagers. Even ones I'm not particularly crazy about, I waffle on letting them leave.

It's an interesting idea, but even if you scanned the same villager in each year (to use your example, Bud every summer), it wouldn't be the same villager, so you'd be starting all over to establish a friendship. I'm not sure I'd be able to go through that repeatedly.

I really like this idea :) I might use it some time. Stitches recently moved out so I'm waiting for someone else to come in~

I don't have seasonal villagers to be exact, but I do have a couple of spots that I like to keep rotating villagers in. I don't do it seasonally, only when I want to switch things up or when a villager I formerly didn't care for begins to grow on me.

I don't have villagers that I match up with the seasons, but I have moved in villagers with amiibo cards that I intend to be temporary, staying for a month or so before being replaced with the next villager, just because there's a bunch I like but I've never met before and I want to have them in my town for a bit.

If it wasn't for plot resetting, I would definitely have seasonal villagers. But it's too much work and it would hurt more than bring me joy.

Back