• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Blue Spotpass light showed up?

Drokmar

Overall, a pretty rad guy
Bells
Isabelle
Hey, everyone! I turned on my 3ds this morning, and after it connected to the internet, a blue spotpass light came up over acnl. I went to the post office and asked about gifts, but there weren't any. Any idea what the notifications means, and did anyone else get one today?

I get this sometimes, I think it's telling you someone has visited your town in a dream recently? This is just my own speculation so I could be wrong.

yes! i read somewhere that a blue spotpass light means either
1. you got a special spotpass from a nintendo rep (which i don't think you got since nothing came up at the post office)
2. someone visited your dream address!

Oh, cool! Visitors it must have been then! If only my town was nice enough to present at the moment...

That's kinda odd... I get it sometimes and I don't have a DA for my town, and I don't get presents... I honestly have no clue either.. I've never had a visitor and I only got presents the first two months I had the game. I wonder what it is? That's weird...

Everyone assumes that it means someone visited your dream town. I think so too, but the blue dot also shows up on my second town, which doesn't have the dream suite yet.

Yeah... I've been getting the blue dot frequently despite my town not having a dream. Wonder what this is about. :/

Oh wow! I was wondering the same thing but now it makes sense. I must have also gotten some visits to my dream address because the last couple days I keep getting the blue spotpass thingy as well.

I got this today too and I don't have a dream town yet, so I'm still not sure why it was there.

I get this sometimes, I think it's telling you someone has visited your town in a dream recently? This is just my own speculation so I could be wrong.

I get the blue light. No items from Nintendo, don't even have the dream suite yet.

I'm waiting to find out the reason for the blue dot, too, because I have no dream address and have been seeing it lately, too. Even searching the internet for it doesn't work, because there are many conflicting answers.

Please, some of you long-time players, what is the answer?

I thought it meant like people you added friend codes from, are on their ds, but thats the yellow light flashing isnt it? I think I've had the bluw flash as well,

When I got the blue light it was a BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL IN AISLE 7!!!

---

Just kidding :blush:

When the blue light lit up for me there was the Kirby 25th Anniversary
That's all I could notice. I really have no idea besides that. MiiTopia came out recently too. Maybe both?!

Just a thought: maybe the blue light appears when Nintendo collects or sends information from/to your game??? I am really clueless on this, hard to think of an explanation.

Last edited:
Wait a second. I reset my town.... WHY DO I HAVE A BLUE LIGHT?
ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED

(Still can't post ASCII without the forums screwing it up -.-)

Last edited:
Back