Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Red Rose
White Rose
Yellow Rose
Hey everyone!

So, I have been on this forum a while - as have many of you - and I'm fairly new to TTing, but I've heard about it for years.

I personally don't struggle too much with it now, but in the beginning it was quite complicated to me and I had to be very careful.

I know many people here have issues with TTing from time to time (haha, no pun intended), but I thought a tread devoted to discussing TTing and advising others on how to TT safely would be beneficial to this community.

Feel free to ask any questions here or share tips, tricks or experiences!
Have fun!

~ ItsMilkypink

Last edited:
I don't travel time travel as much as I do now. Mostly because I lost most of my favorite villagers doing this. This is a very risky thing to do in my opinion, and you should do it with caution.

I had a terrible TT accident a year or two ago where I went back in time an entire year :eek: be careful TTing around New Year's yall

I can say from personal experience that if you buy Turnips on Sunday morning the turnips don't spoil if you TT forward in time. It's only when you TT backward. I bought ten turnips as a test and TT forward a day to check what the turnip prices are for that day and I looked in my inventory and to my surprise they weren't spoiled. I kept TTing forward until Saturday and the prices only decreased. After going back in time to the day I bought them, only then were they spoiled. It's useful for figuring out the stalk market pattern.

Also if you don't have T&T Emporium yet, whenever Gracie comes to your town, you may get the theme pass the fashion check, save and quit, then go back one day. After you start up the game save and quit and then TT forward a day. Gracie will be back in the town plaza and she'll be ready for another fashion check. You may repeat the process until you've passed the required four times. Also if you don't have the items to pass the check and they aren't in the shops, you may also go back a day then forward so she gives you a different theme.

I've learned both of these through personal experience. I hope I helped in some way.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And like the above users have stated Time Traveling can be a risky action. I'd say for me I've found the safest way to TT is to not TT forward over a weeks time.

I've taken both 4 month hiatuses and have TT all I've liked without any problems, here's what you do:

- Make sure your town is set to 'Beautiful Town'
- Make sure nobody is moving

The second is actually easier than most people claim, all you need is for one out of three thing to happen:
1. Two different villagers give you their 'rumor' dialogue.
Villager Rumors/Consequences of Rumors
When no one has no intention of moving, villagers will talk about these. (These are taken from the AC wikia, with the Peppy one added by aetherene since it was missing.)

-Cranky villagers will state that rumors can be frightening.
-Jock villagers may ask to spread rumors about their latest world record, or complain that others say that they are a prince from another planet.
-Normal villagers will comment that they will only spread rumors they have seen themselves.
-Smug villagers may remark that they have done things with other villagers, but refuse to elaborate on the details.
-Snooty villagers will use fabricated examples to show the player that simple rumors can spread very quickly.
-Uchi villagers will complain that rumors are circulating that they are known for one sport, when it is in fact another.
-Peppy villagers will ask the player for any gossip, think you are keeping something secret, and ask for you to spread the details.
Personally I've also had Uchi villager spreading a rumor as a form of this dialogue. 'Wrestled a bear' seems to be what it's usually about. Note: It has to be this dialogue, not 'the player is a world traveler' or 'Ankha and Rosie seem to get along' 'rumors'
Why does it need to be two villagers? The first villager to give you this dialogue confirms that everyone but them isn't moving. The second villager confirms the first isn't moving. :)
2. One villager pings you for something else (buying something, PWP, catchphrase, etc.) and that same villager gives you their rumor dialogue. The ping about something else confirms that villager isn't moving and the dialogue confirms nobody else is.
3. Most simple and straight forward, if someone is moving: stop them. You can use method 1 and 2 to figure out who the mover is, the rumor dialogue will be replaced by 'Rosie is thinking of moving'.

Once you've done that you can TT to any date you'd like and nobody will move. But, once you've loaded your game on a different date the game has most likely calculated a new mover and you'll have to repeat the steps before you can TT again.

Last edited:
Huge helpful for me and turnips 2 3DS' one permenant town one I don't rlly care about time travel more then a week in that one per day to get good turnip prices once bought it for 99 well per and price was 335 or something per HUUGE GAIN HEHE

I don't TT as I find I get bored quicker whilst doing this, as pretty much everything is possible within a couple of minutes.
Also, Villagers may move away, turnips will go bad, Plants and flowers can die and I find it's much more fun to play and take it slow, as it comes. xx

TT'ing in my opinion should only be used for moving one day to the next, not one week to the next as that really can put a huge decrease in your town quality and your favorite villagers could move, as well as rafflestalias growing in your town if you dont have perfect town ordanance, I am a tt'er and my town has a perfect rating due to me having and doing a perfect town ordinance and time traveling only one day at a time, it really can make a difference.

I had done TT over the years of Animal Crossing, but I've given it up except for maybe going forward a day- but otherwise it just seems like a great way to lose the villagers I want to keep. :c

I used to TT every so often but unfortunately I ended up skipping a lot longer than I intended and came back to one of my dreamies leaving. I haven't done it since.

i've only time traveled a couple times, mostly to regrow my grass w the the tt grass regrowth trick! i also did it once while i was plot resetting to go back a day earlier and put qr codes down on a spot i missed where the villager kept moving to ;;;

i don't think i'll ever tt in order for the game to go faster because i like taking the game day by day- it's much sweeter for me that way :blush: achievements seem more significant (like opening the t&t emporium two days ago was so thrilling haha) and i spend a lot more quality time with my villagers

Back